Page 56 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    The whole “who do you replace Elway with” is the most ridiculous argument. The league is full of strong career personnel evaluators. Most GMs are not household names. The team would find the right fit. Even an average drafter would be a big improvement over Elway.
    You’re right as there are several talented people who could take the role. It is unlikely Ellis will make a move to take out Elway. He’s too consumed with the legal battles and I believe he fears fan backlash over firing Elway. Elway is a messianic figure to many, despite the fact that he’s played a key role in destroying the franchise. Elway’s mismanagement of the Broncos is obvious. As for winning Super Bowl L my analogy would be a contractor who remodeled your kitchen, walked out the front door and lit your house on fire with a torch.

Elway passed on Wilson, DAK, Allen, Watson, and Jax.... for Brock, Pax, Lock and washed up vets. This is why we suck.

Elway doesn’t get to mAke another QB choice, after extending Flacco and trading down for Fant/Lock.

We make him preside over this mess another season, in the name of continuity.
    Draft OL and DL and keep rebuilding.... let Lock sink or swim next season and if we stink again... Fire Elway and start from
    Scratch again.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    If McDaniels [11-17 record] ran the Broncos into the ground, what exactly is this?

He failed to change his last name to Elway.

The whole “who do you replace Elway with” is the most ridiculous argument. The league is full of strong career personnel evaluators. Most GMs are not household names. The team would find the right fit. Even an average drafter would be a big improvement over Elway.
    Elway has been involved with a dozen AFC championships and SB's in his career. Just because he's down after a couple of SB runs, really doesn't mean a thing. If the truth be known, I would think the rest of the AFC teams would give a "sigh of relief " if JE ever stepped down. Actually is there anyone else who has been a GM for the Broncos that have as many Championships and SBs without Elway being involved as a player. The grass isn't greener on the other side of the fence.

I get it and I’m all for John’s dismissal, I’m just saying this could be what is stopping Ellis from doing the right thing.

Here’s some note able candidates right here, GMs, and FO officials that are more than capable and qualified of doing the job over Elway.

George Patton, Jamaal Stephenson, Champ Kelly, Adam Peters, Dave Ziegler, Brian Xanders, Rick Spielman, Kevin Colbert, howie roseman etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jflee66 View Post
    Elway has been involved with a dozen AFC championships and SB's in his career. Just because he's down after a couple of SB runs, really doesn't mean a thing. If the truth be known, I would think the rest of the AFC teams would give a "sigh of relief " if JE ever stepped down. Actually is there anyone else who has been a GM for the Broncos that have as many Championships and SBs without Elway being involved as a player. The grass isn't greener on the other side of the fence.
    Actually is there anyone else who has been a part of losing more Super Bowls or losing seasons than John Elway?

Your argument is mute and pointless because it more than applies to your oppositions Case here.

Broncos Country, the place where time stopped after 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Actually is there anyone else who has been a part of losing more Super Bowls or losing seasons than John Elway?

Your argument is mute and pointless because it more than applies to your oppositions Case here.
    Well actually has there really been another QB who had a chance to have as many SB loses and losing seasons for the Broncos? Fingering him alone for all the loses seems pointless to me. Getting to the SBs and losing isn't a loss to me. The excitement of playing in the big game is a win to me.

How many more losing seasons must we endure before Elway’s fans to have that “Usual Suspects” moment when they realize too late that it was Elway all along who destroyed the franchise?

If the answer is anything more than zero, you are an Elway fan more than a Bronco fan.

The last two draft classes have been good and if Lock pans out they will be excellent.
    JE and the scouting department are head and shoulders above what they were two or three seasons ago and can keep improving

While many believe Ellis won’t dismiss Elway, I’m not sure about that now. If Lock plays and flashes potential as a long term quarterback, Elway likely stays. If the team finishes 3-16 or 4-12 and Lock either doesn’t play or looks completely lost, I think Elway is done.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Broncos Country, the place where time stopped after 2015.
    Where reality and parity set in.

How many more losing seasons must we endure before Elway’s fans to have that “Usual Suspects” moment when they realize too late that it was Elway all along who destroyed the franchise?

If the answer is anything more than zero, you are an Elway fan more than a Bronco fan.
    Haha. Elway = Keyser Soze. That’s a pretty hilarious analogy.

I would actually like to see a statue of JE out front of the stadium some day. Next to Pat's.

Quote Originally Posted by jflee66 View Post
    He’s had a good run but it’s time to live in the present into the future and not the past. He’s a problem now and has made some very serious bad moves.

Our franchise is a total freaking mess and it’s on him. Very head scratching coaching hires, horrible QB drafting, not making the Oline a priority, not signing extensions for the right players, extending the wrong players, hiring washed up vets, and on and on.

It doesn’t mean we don’t love what he’s done for us, nor does it mean he hasn’t made some good moves, but when it’s time for a change it’s time for a change and that time is NOW!!!!

He’s destroying our franchise. And it’s a horrible thing to watch.