Page 32 of 55 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    Even with Peyton, Elway’s draft picks raised a lot of worries about the future. I was one of them. And the future I worried about is now upon us.

This could be a long-term era of weakness. We have no promise of improvement ahead of us.
    The only promise you can provide fans is firing everyone, trading for picks, and actually rebuilding for the future. Nothing changes until the people at top change.

Even with Peyton, Elwayís draft picks raised a lot of worries about the future. I was one of them...
    You were one of Elway's draft picks? Paxton, that you?
    Maybe we should resign Rahim Moore so he could finally get the chance to knock down a Joe Flacco pass?

This team is a dumpster fire. I'd rather drive a Mitsubishi Mirage than endure another season with Elway at the helm of this colossal failure of a team.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

I just donít see how anyone can look at this team and think Elway has done enough to keep his job. This roster is bad, depth is non existent and weíve watched a rinse and repeat strategy of mediocre FA QB and questionable coach carousel.

This team is in its current state because of Elwayís decisions. Itís realky that simple.

This loss is squarely on John Elway. I will forever love the guy as a Bronco great but he needs to step down. So many failed draft picks have killed this team.

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. The rest of the league knows they come to a Denver game to practice. They can do whatever, wait until the end of the game, and walk down the field and score as many points as they need to win. Fire Elway, and hire someone with only one directive: find a captain for the defense. Someone willing to kick ass and intimidate others.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    I just don’t see how anyone can look at this team and think Elway has done enough to keep his job. This roster is bad, depth is non existent and we’ve watched a rinse and repeat strategy of mediocre FA QB and questionable coach carousel.

This team is in its current state because of Elway’s decisions. It’s realky that simple.
    The only reason why Elway is keeping his job is because Ellis literally has no idea who he would choose to fill that role. Ellis isn't a football guy, so Elway provides him that experience, regardless of how poorly it's been for the past 4 years.

But I agree - Elway needs to be fired or be smart enough to step down.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    The only reason why Elway is keeping his job is because Ellis literally has no idea who he would choose to fill that role. Ellis isn't a football guy, so Elway provides him that experience, regardless of how poorly it's been for the past 4 years.

No. Ellis can hire a headhunter firm to guide the GM search. Ellis hasnít fired him because Broncos Country hasnít yet roundly united in the agreement Elway has failed. We are almost there.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post

Agreed. Itís a big part of why Iím nervous about the future.

My man Pat Bowlen is rolling in his grave watching this team. Speaking of him I really thought the team would come out and play hard out of respect for Bowlen being in the HOF but we have been bad...not just a little we been really bad.

Rebuild needs to come...and fast

Oh man this team has weaknesses galore.

Corner, O-line, run defense, special teams - you name it.

Jacksonville figures that out at half time and took advantage of several positional mismatches.

We arenít going anywhere.

I was at todays game. Very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry2287 View Post
    Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. The rest of the league knows they come to a Denver game to practice. They can do whatever, wait until the end of the game, and walk down the field and score as many points as they need to win. Fire Elway, and hire someone with only one directive: find a captain for the defense. Someone willing to kick ass and intimidate others.
    Umm...the directive to find a QB is way more important. That's the main thing that has defined Elway's failure as a GM. He can't find a QB to save his life, and he's passed over quite a few at this point who could've saved us.

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Does Ellis have the authority to fire Elway? Even if he does, does he have the stones to actually do it? I don't think so. It is what it is, likely till ownership settles out. Elway is never going to step down on his own

Quote Originally Posted by Rancher Mike View Post
    Oh man this team has weaknesses galore.

Corner, O-line, run defense, special teams - you name it.

Jacksonville figures that out at half time and took advantage of several positional mismatches.

We arenít going anywhere.

I was at todays game. Very frustrating.

I think the o-line is an area of the team on a upswing. They played pretty dang good today against a group that had NINE sacks last week.

Need some input: Is there any chance that the current ownership will part ways with Elway, or are we stuck with him because no one else has much of a say?
    Mile High

No. Ellis can hire a headhunter firm to guide the GM search. Ellis hasn’t fired him because Broncos Country hasn’t yet roundly united in the agreement Elway has failed. We are almost there.
    Not speaking from direct knowledge, but from the stuff I read and listen to it really sounds like Ellis really doesn't want to be involved in any of the football decisions.