Page 46 of 62 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast

For the first time in my 41 years I'm wondering if I should remain a fan.

Getting harder and harder to remain a fan. Not just of the Broncos but the NFL as a whole. The games just are not enjoyable to watch right now.

Denver needs to let Elway go. The ownership situation needs repaired. Elway has to much power, someone needs to be able to check him and Ellis.

It pains me to says this but I'm done until things change. I am to old to let something I can't control stress me out like this.

Quote Originally Posted by nickmeyer View Post
    Getting harder and harder to remain a fan. Not just of the Broncos but the NFL as a whole. The games just are not enjoyable to watch right now.

Denver needs to let Elway go. The ownership situation needs repaired. Elway has to much power, someone needs to be able to check him and Ellis.

It pains me to says this but I'm done until things change. I am to old to let something I can't control stress me out like this.
    I'm getting there as well. It's hard to see any hope for this franchise until we see real change, like ownership, Elway leaving, and new blood in the franchise. Right now things are a mess and about to get worse.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Yep things have changed, glad I was around for the good old days, still sticking around and suffering with everybody else though lol.
    It is not fun being on this sinking ship, I hear what you are saying for sure.
    Is it Spring yet?
    Last edited by 2 Minute Warning; 10-27-2019 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nickmeyer View Post

Itís become very obvious Elway is incapable of running football operations. If not for Irsay releasing Manning weíre probably not talking about Elway. He was in the right place at the right time - I give him all the credit for the moves that led to winning SB50.

Elway is the common denominator of the Broncos becoming an irrelevant franchise. Ellis played a role, to what extent isnít clear. In either case the GM who gets the credit for winning must take the blame for losing. Failure to draft/develop a quarterback, poor drafts, coaching decisions and bad free agent contracts all played a role.

Elway has good intentions and Iím sure heís as frustrated as anyone, if not more. Players like Sanders didnít want to be in Denver any longer. For me, that speaks volumes to whatís going on. Elway should do the right thing and step down. Unfortunately he doesnít have the self-awareness to recognize heís lost his way.

I'm done with the NFL this year. Actually, after coming out of the gates at 0-4, that pretty much ended it for me. This team will continue to flounder until we get a legit GM and the ownership issue is settled.

I donít even know how to explain what is going on with my team anymore.

Can any of you explain what the heck is happening with this team? I have no idea how define this team. Can you?
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 10-27-2019 at 03:31 PM.

Draft misses aside, Elway's fatal error was hiring Vance Joseph instead of Kyle Shanahan. Fangio seems like a good guy, and could probably be a good HC in the right circumstances, but he is not the right leader for this team. I'm not a big fire the coach guy, but I really hope they move on after the season and bring back Mike Shanahan for a couple seasons to get them out of the ditch and then hand it off to someone else. It's a mess right now.

What a depressing state weíre in. Weíre actually arguing amongst ourselves about what is worse: QBs? Oline? Play calling? Coaching?

The answer is none of it is up to snuff. It all boils down to the FO, period.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    I don’t even know how to think about to decide what is going on with my team anymore.

Can any of you explain what the heck explain what is happening with this team is?
    The product we are watching is the (primary) result of drafting poorly over the last several years. Early round misses, to be specific. Failure to evaluate talent properly, followed by floundering coaching staffs. (Although, sometimes it's hard to tell whether the issue is coaching or the lack of talent) Basically, it's like the upper management of this organization has just been throwing crap at the wall and seeing what will stick. Putting bandaids (free agents) on things that need to be broken down and rebuilt from the bottom up.

All of this, and you have this giant mess of a casserole that we are seeing on the field.

Why didnít we hire Kyle Shanahan? Why did we fire Wade Phillips? Why did we let go of Gary Kubiak?

So our coaching staff could be Kyle Shanahan as HC, Wade Phillips as DC and Gary Kubiak as OC yet we let that team go? Why?????

Kind of makes me sick to be honest. Who knows the game better than these guys than them? Nobody. Football royalty.

We certainly wouldnít be 2-7. Thatís for damn sure.
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 10-27-2019 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Why didn’t we hire Kyle Shanahan? Why did we fire Wade Fox? Why did we let go of Gary Kubiak?

So our coaching staff could be Kyle Shanahan as HC, Wade Phillips as DC and Gary Kubiak as OC yet we let that team go? Why?????
    John Elway.

Quote Originally Posted by LASERLIPS View Post
    John Elway.
    Actually, it was allegedly Joe Ellis who put the kibosh on Elway looking Kyle Shanahan's way.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Actually, it was allegedly Joe Ellis who put the kibosh on Elway looking Kyle Shanahan's way.
    Ah, yes. I do recall hearing that.

Quote Originally Posted by LASERLIPS View Post
    Ah, yes. I do recall hearing that.
    Makes me sad and angry at that. Thatís why our team is now in the bottom of the barrel.

The 49ers put up a 50 burger today
    7-0