Page 37 of 61 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Humberg View Post
    At this point, I'd be willing to let Shanahan have control over the GM decisions and give him the combined GM/HC role he covets, move Elway to more of a non-impactful admin role, try to hire a good DC and go from there. Oh and stockpile picks and get a gosh dang QB in this next draft along with some serious O-line help.
    I'd be down with a cardboard cutout to close out the season.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Ellis and Elway make a 2 headed bad decision monster. The FO as a whole has failed this team.

I really hope this trust/:Bowlen mess gets fixed soon, because this organization needs to clean house from top down.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Ellis and Elway make a 2 headed bad decision monster. The FO as a whole has failed this team.

I really hope this trust/:Bowlen mess gets fixed soon, because this organization needs to clean house from top down.
    We have no top...that is the problem.

Such a lackluster offensive play calling by the offensive coordinator!!!..Flacco looks like he wonders why in the twilight of his career did he accept the job as quarterback. Somehow the coaches put together the worst offensive line that opened no running holes or protected the quarterback was responsible and allowed 9 sacks...most I've seen in many years! Bolles must be benched..he's back at holding again costing the Broncos 30 yards tonight. He also couldn't stay with the Chief's defensive end who blew past him when he didn't hold. From an offensive viewpoint, no quarterback could make any progress with an offensive line like the current Broncos. Is it the coaching or just a poorly put together line? Can Fant actually catch a ball tossed in his direction? Didn't Elway choose the coaching staff? It's time for our hero to stat taking some of the blame. There's an old management saying, "The fish stinks from the head down!"
    But I'm still thinking, can we somehow salvage the season to at least 8 and 8 or am I dreaming? Why am I thinking of 6 and 10 or 5 and 11? Where's my confidence? What can Fangio do to help his defense become more productive? There are a lot of questions with so many answers I can't think of. Can you help?
    Last edited by Dr Philip Jay; 10-17-2019 at 08:42 PM. Reason: spelling

the last two games don't even matter anymore. The fact of the matter is that we will never amount to anything with Flacco and Elway - the Chiefs are a divisional rival and we got completely embarrassed. At no point were we even in the game after the first drive. If you can't handle the Chiefs, how are you going to be able to ever move up? This season is over. Elway is done. Flacco is done. This offense needs to be stripped down, and pulled apart. Lock should be starting ASAP.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Is it Ellis, or is it Elway whose in charge?

One of them holds the bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post

Ellis and Elway pretty much sun up to be a snake eating itís own tail. Both of them combined to create this mess. I personally hold Elway more accountable for the roster, but Ellis seems to meddle with coaching hires. The trust vs ownership is an issue with this franchise as well. The FO in its entirety is a problem IMO.

Ellis runs the joint.

That being said, I'd start with Elway. He is the President of Football Operations and de facto general manager. As such, he needs to be held accountable for the talent deficiency, bad contracts and staffing in his department. You know, like any other person with a job.

This mess is primarily on Elway.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

If Pat Bowlen was here this would not be the conversation.

At this point, I'm making it super clear: I will no longer watch the games if Joe Flacco remains the starter by week 10. There are enough stressors in life as it is, my entertainment should not be one of them.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Ellis and Elway pretty much sun up to be a snake eating itís own tail. Both of them combined to create this mess. I personally hold Elway more accountable for the roster, but Ellis seems to meddle with coaching hires. The trust vs ownership is an issue with this franchise as well. The FO in its entirety is a problem IMO.
    Who knows really?

It seems that once the trust vs. ownership issue is settled
    then the team will have a clear number 1.

We need it ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    Ellis runs the joint.

That being said, I'd start with Elway. He is the President of Football Operations and de facto general manager. As such, he needs to be held accountable for the talent deficiency, bad contracts and staffing in his department. You know, like any other person with a job.

This mess is primarily on Elway.
    Wouldn't that then put the primary blame on Ellis?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    At this point, I'm making it super clear: I will no longer watch the games if Joe Flacco remains the starter by week 10. There are enough stressors in life as it is, my entertainment should not be one of them.
    I understand where your coming from 100%
    Watched every bronco game i could since i was 7 years old (1986) and when does entertainment turn into just torture

Who knows really?

It seems that once the trust vs. ownership issue is settled
    then the team will have a clear number 1.

We need it ASAP.

None of us are in the building, so youíre right, nobody knows for sure. Still, thatís my personal outlook on how they have affected this team. I blame both of them. The decision making has been bad enough to assume the FO in its entirety has failed.

Also agree that the trust vs ownership issue needs to be solved ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Word of advice.
    All you need to do is reframe the negative.

For every negative play, just think how
    it improves our draft selection, which will be misused.

Ellis' primary job is to make sure that the business, Denver Broncos, operates at a profit, from a financial standpoint, which it is. It's actually best in class among its peers (market size) when it comes to valuation.

I know, it sounds off putting, but we need to keep things in perspective here and start with the guy primarily responsible for the football operations. If Ellis is either a) incapable or b) unwilling to make a change, then yeah, we should be looking at him instead.
    Last edited by BroncosDivision; 10-17-2019 at 09:06 PM.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan