Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    I don’t foresee Elway accepting a role in the organization that didn’t entail
    full control over on-the-field product. If Ellis offered Elway a figurehead role, Elway would rightly consider it a demotion. This only ends with a clean break.
    It would be better for the Broncos to make a clean break IMO. Allow a new GM to have the room to make decisions without Elway meddling.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Elway isn’t a quitter!!
    Not at the moment but even he will have to realize that Elway the executive just isn’t getting it done.

Now I don’t expect him to just step down but he’ll mutually agree to part ways to chase bigger things, or so he’ll say!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Not at the moment but even he will have to realize that Elway the executive just isn’t getting it done.

Now I don’t expect him to just step down but he’ll mutually agree to part ways to chase bigger things, or so he’ll say!
    Elway has never been quitter he will see this thing through. Elway has admitted to his mistakes as a GM. The hate directed at him is a joke. Dude has done more for this franchise than anybody.
    Been part of 7 of our Superbowls as a player or GM..

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    In all honesty Elway should have been let go after last season and not been given the chance to hire Fangio - his 4th head coach in 9 seasons. The reason being is that there's no way you can retain Elway in his current role if this team does not eek out an 8-8- record or better, which certainly looks impossible right now. And there's a high likelihood that a new GM wouldn't retain Fangio if we're 4-12/5-11/6-10, meaning this season would have been all for naught. And the fact is this team has been awful especially on offense for the better part of 5 years now, and that's through several different coordinators and 3 head coaches now. Again, Elway is the only common denominator.

Love ya, John. Thank you for 3 Super Bowl championships. But you need to step aside.
    I agree with your thoughts. I leaned toward another year mainly thinking it would be unrealistic to see him leave.

There’s an outside chance this team will win just enough games, maybe 7-9 or 8-8. It’s hard to see that many wins starting 0-2. If Fangio turns it around good for him.

Elway has accomplished great things, but that doesn’t mean he can sustain success as a GM.

He’s responsible for the collapse. No getting around that fact.

Elway has never been quitter he will see this thing through. Elway has admitted to his mistakes as a GM. The hate directed at him is a joke. Dude has done more for this franchise than anybody.
    Been part of 7 of our Superbowls as a player or GM..
    He’ll see it through to what extent, another 2-3 straight losing seasons?

Elway isn’t capable of “seeing this through” or correcting the debacle he’s created here.

Yeah he’s definitely done a lot for the franchise in bringing the broncos only the 3rd 0-2 start in 52 years or the first back to back losing seasons in 40 years with most likely more consistent losing seasons to come if he thinks he can see this through!

You see it as “hate” while everyone else sees it as accountability and trying to bring truth to light.

Elway isn’t capable of “seeing this through” or correcting the debacle he’s created here.

Yeah he’s definitely done a lot for the franchise in bringing the broncos only the 3rd 0-2 start in 52 years or the first back to back losing seasons in 40 years with most likely more consistent losing seasons to come if he thinks he can see this through!

You see it as “hate” while everyone else sees it as accountability and trying to bring truth to light.
    Well said.....

New England, is the only franchise that has been better than the Broncos since Elway took over in 2011. I would give Seattle a nod ahead of us but in that time 5 division titles, 2 Conference titles, and Super Bowl. Now your ready to can the guy? For who?
    And 0-2 lol!!!!!! Vance Joseph went 2-0 both years as a head coach, ain’t how you start it’s how you finish.

And it hate in my opinion, if you celebrated SB50 you don’t get to complain now, the Broncos are now paying for their success. A lot of spoiled fans who got use to pounding their chest, now that were not on top they are turning on a guy who has saved this team twice once as a player and then as a GM.

New England, is the only franchise that has been better than the Broncos since Elway took over in 2011. I would give Seattle a nod ahead of us but in that time 5 division titles, 2 Conference titles, and Super Bowl. Now your ready to can the guy? For who?
    And 0-2 lol!!!!!! Vance Joseph went 2-0 both years as a head coach, ain’t how you start it’s how you finish.

And it hate in my opinion, if you celebrated SB50 you don’t get to complain now, the Broncos are now paying for their success. A lot of spoiled fans who got use to pounding their chest, now that were not on top they are turning on a guy who has saved this team twice once as a player and then as a GM.
    Oh so were still celebrating super bowl 50 and basing everything off of that.

Ok, we’ll Don Shula put together an undefeated season and won a super bowl back in 72.

He then continued to be the head coach of the Dolphins for 21 more seasons.

Should we now go to Miami and plead a case for him as well.

Elway brought 1 Super Bowl Victory with Gary Kubiak, Rick Dennison, Brian Pariani, Wade Philips and Peyton Manning’s help, they’re all gone...

Did you fight hard against him when he let wade walk in favor of VJ or how he pushed Gary out the door last off-season because he didn’t appreciate Gary or his staff (Dennison or Pariani) from super bowl 50?

Elway doesn’t have a clue without those guys so get over him and get over yourself!

Oh so were still celebrating super bowl 50 and basing everything off of that.

Ok, we’ll Don Shula put together an undefeated season and won a super bowl back in 72.

He then continued to be the head coach of the Dolphins for 21 more seasons.

Should we now go to Miami and plead a case for him as well.

Elway brought 1 Super Bowl Victory with Gary Kubiak, Rick Dennison, Brian Pariani, Wade Philips and Peyton Manning’s help, they’re all gone...

Did you fight hard against him when he let wade walk in favor of VJ or how he pushed Gary out the door last off-season because he didn’t appreciate Gary or his staff (Dennison or Pariani) from super bowl 50?

Elway doesn’t have a clue without those guys so get over him and get over yourself!
    When did Shula end his career in Miami?
    Elway fired Fox and hired Kubiak and Wade the rest is history.

Still waiting in the smack section for your GM canidate

A few posters have noted Elway's past success as a player for SB appearances/victories and as a GM for Superbowl 50 as a reason to keep him. I look at it more like living life in the rear view mirror. I think that the Manning, Ware, Talib, Miller, Ward and Wade era made that SB possible. That was a perfect storm of amazing talent that's hard to replicate or sustain. Elway's fault's are in the bad drafts and bad FA signings since then. He's thrown big money at marginal or oft injured talent on both sides of the ball, including struggling to find a good starter worthy QB (not necessarily a franchise QB) in a draft pick or FA. Maybe Flacco will work for a bit but he's not a long term solution and he's probably just a journeyman level QB at this point in his career. We have no ILB, no LT, a suspect DL talent and a suspect TE level talent. This is entirely Elway's team that he's assembled. No more excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by AZBobalu View Post
    A few posters have noted Elway's past success as a player for SB appearances/victories and as a GM for Superbowl 50 as a reason to keep him. I look at it more like living life in the rear view mirror. I think that the Manning, Ware, Talib, Miller, Ward and Wade era made that SB possible. That was a perfect storm of amazing talent that's hard to replicate or sustain. Elway's fault's are in the bad drafts and bad FA signings since then. He's thrown big money at marginal or oft injured talent on both sides of the ball, including struggling to find a good starter worthy QB (not necessarily a franchise QB) in a draft pick or FA. Maybe Flacco will work for a bit but he's not a long term solution and he's probably just a journeyman level QB at this point in his career. We have no ILB, no LT, a suspect DL talent and a suspect TE level talent. This is entirely Elway's team that he's assembled. No more excuses.
    You bring up players Elway brought in that lead to our success. Now he hasn’t had success the 3 years following and time to cut the cord. Ok and who you bringing in, and why?

It's kind of amazing to me how people don't see the 2015 Super Bowl season as the miracle that it was. I mean Elway wanted to hire VJ instead of Wade (he loses all credit right there), and all season they had to get freakish win after freakish win to get homefield advantage (which they definitely needed in the playoffs). It was an amazing season, but it had little to do with Elway's GMing skills. Dude got lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by BeelzeBob View Post
    It's kind of amazing to me how people don't see the 2015 Super Bowl season as the miracle that it was. I mean Elway wanted to hire VJ instead of Wade (he loses all credit right there), and all season they had to get freakish win after freakish win to get homefield advantage (which they definitely needed in the playoffs). It was an amazing season, but it had little to do with Elway's GMing skills. Dude got lucky.
    People discredit that team all the time. This place and others like it were filled with posts of "so what if Flacco isn't very good, this year can be just like 2015 and we'll be a playoff team for sure!"

Quote Originally Posted by BeelzeBob View Post
    Every Superbowl victory is a miracle!! You don't think luck plays a part in every win??? Especially with the flag happy world we live in today. I'm with 58Miller.......we lost Peyton, he's not a QB that you can just replace and keep the ship moving. Elway retired and we had a QB carousal for years until we finally landed Manning. We need to chill and see what we have in Lock, he may be our next long term answer.

Everyone wants us to find the next Elway or Al Wilson or Trevor Price or Champ Bailey but once you lose great talent it takes time to find them and they NEVER come at the same time. You're great in one area and weak in another....that's called having to work around a salary cap!!!

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Any Ravens care to comment on how they felt about Newsome during the era after their first Super Bowl? You can probably throw the 2nd one in too