Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Any Ravens care to comment on how they felt about Newsome during the era after their first Super Bowl? You can probably throw the 2nd one in too
    Between 2000 and Newsome’s final season in 2018, the Ravens never has consecutive losing seasons. In fact they only had four losing seasons during the stretch. The Broncos are well on their way to three losing season in a row, probably with 10+ losses.

So to the Elway defenders, I have the most basic question to you: how many consecutive 10+ loss seasons can you endure before you question Elway? How many before you call for his firing? I ask with all seriousness.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Any Ravens care to comment on how they felt about Newsome during the era after their first Super Bowl? You can probably throw the 2nd one in too
    Also, Ozzie Newsome drafted All Pros and Hall of Famers year after year.

Ray Lewis
    Jonathan Ogden
    Chris McAllister
    Jamal Lewis
    Ed Reed
    Terrell Suggs
    Haloti Ngata
    Marshall Yanda
    CJ Mosley

Elway drafted Von Miller.

So if Elway had drafted half as good as Ozzie Newsome, our roster would have three more playmakers on the field each game.

I just don’t see how anyone can look at this roster and give Elway that much of a pass. I’ve been in his camp until this offseason and the results netted thus far.

I totally agree that he gets credit for bringing in Manning and the subsequent FA (Ware, Talib, Ward, Sanders). The problem has been his failure to build a solid team behind those aged FA signings. He has drafted poorly and has made questionable FA / retention moves since.

The cupboard is looking pretty bare. Our starting line up is not that good and we have no depth. He has failed to fix the problems that plagued this team even during the glory years: Oline, MLB, TE, ST, TE coverage.

We are in the stretch where the constant draft and FA mistakes are becoming extremely evident.

I’m grateful for the Manning era, but the rest of his tenure has not been good.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post

Ray Lewis
    Jonathan Ogden
    Chris McAllister
    Jamal Lewis
    Ed Reed
    Terrell Suggs
    Haloti Ngata
    Marshall Yanda
    CJ Mosley

So if Elway had drafted half as good as Ozzie Newsome, our roster would have three more playmakers on the field each game.
    That’s kind of my point, he struggled to draft and develop a QB during his time in Baltimore. They won their first Super Bowl much like we won our last one. Then after that it was primarily Kyle Boller and a medley of others before getting an aging Steve McNair before landing Joe Flacco who outside of the Super Bowl year hasn’t been a great QB. The Ravens weren’t ever considered a huge threat to contend for a Super Bowl probably since 2000 despite all those all pros and future Hall of fame players because they didn’t have that guy at QB.

You have to have a QB to legitimately contend for a Super Bowl year in and year out. That will trump everything else. If Lock becomes a franchise QB none of the busts that Elway drafts will matter because Lock would have us in the hunt every year and every great pick Elway makes will be magnified and all of a sudden he’s the best GM again for winning the QB crap shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post

Ray Lewis
    Jonathan Ogden
    Chris McAllister
    Jamal Lewis
    Ed Reed
    Terrell Suggs
    Haloti Ngata
    Marshall Yanda
    CJ Mosley

Ozzie also drafted for 20 years, Elway has been doing it for what now 7??????

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Great point! A GM is going to have good stretches and bad.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    You bring up players Elway brought in that lead to our success. Now he hasn’t had success the 3 years following and time to cut the cord. Ok and who you bringing in, and why?
    I'm not bringing in anyone as I'm not the GM or owner. Just a disappointed fan to see how we've fallen. My point is you can keep looking backwards at what he's done in the past or look at the present to see what he's done since the SB. He hit a home run on the 2013-2015 teams with FA signings. Maybe that was more of great players wanting to play with Manning rather than any Elway magic. His years of bad drafts and bad FA signings since are hurting this team. I don't get to keep my job because I had success 5 years ago. I'm looked at for my performance now. Why would anyone else look at Elway differently? As much as I hate to say it, Belichick does this year after year with different faces on that team. I would think that would be a good benchmark to try to achieve. I just don't think Elway is capable anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    No, Elway has nine drafts under his belt. He drafted three Pro Bowlers in nine drafts, and one of them didn’t even make the PB until after he left the Broncos! So really in nine years, Elway’s drafted two Pro Bowlers. Only Buffalo has done worse.

Ozzie Newsome drafted Pro Bowlers, All Pros, and Hall of Famers almost every year. Between 1996 and 2014, Newsome had JUST TWO drafts that didn’t land a PB, AP, or HOF player. So he was drafting gamechangers every year.

Quote Originally Posted by AZBobalu View Post
    I'm not bringing in anyone as I'm not the GM or owner. Just a disappointed fan to see how we've fallen. My point is you can keep looking backwards at what he's done in the past or look at the present to see what he's done since the SB. He hit a home run on the 2013-2015 teams with FA signings. Maybe that was more of great players wanting to play with Manning rather than any Elway magic. His years of bad drafts and bad FA signings since are hurting this team. I don't get to keep my job because I had success 5 years ago. I'm looked at for my performance now. Why would anyone else look at Elway differently? As much as I hate to say it, Belichick does this year after year with different faces on that team. I would think that would be a good benchmark to try to achieve. I just don't think Elway is capable anymore.
    Elway has been in charge now 9 years. The 8 seasons he has completed we have two losing seasons. The last two have been hard, but I look at his entire career not just the last two years.

Elway has been in charge now 9 years. The 8 seasons he has completed we have two losing seasons. The last two have been hard, but I look at his entire career not just the last two years.
    So wait out three more losing seasons to offset Elway’s first six years as GM? Only then will Elway supporters consider have a realistic examination of Elway’s performance as GM? Seems about what most Broncos fans think right now.

Had he not signed Manning it all would've fallen apart way before now. The dude is a trash tier drafter, and that is not going to get it done long-term in the NFL.

Elway is basically the bedrock and solid foundation of the Denver Broncos.

Highly overpaid bedrock for so many BAD decisions in three years.

I want to see what Lock turns into before giving up on Elway. If Lock turns out to be our QB of the future then Elway can focus on other areas of need. You have to get the QB right 1st and foremost and franchise QBs aren't lining up around the corner. I would rather we draft or sign the best LT next year to give Lock every opportunity to succeed.

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Thread cleaned.

From the BCMB Code of Conduct

Refrain from the use of derogatory monikers for any of the players, coaches or staff. This does nothing but agitate and offend other users and helps degrade conversations. Degrading nicknames will be deemed trolling and will be responded to accordingly.