Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ondavi View Post
    Highly overpaid bedrock for so many BAD decisions in three years.
    I think he is compensated fairly for everything he currently does for The Broncos.
    We ( John Elway & Company) have assembled a good team. Now they just have to excute the game plan.

This is a respectable Message board with a Code of Conduct

When you continue to receive a percentage of team revenues even though said team performs poorly for its fans and supporters, that's OVERcompensation, Cap'n.

Quote Originally Posted by Ondavi View Post
    When you continue to receive a percentage of team revenues even though said team performs poorly for its fans and supporters, that's OVERcompensation, Cap'n.
    I guess You would know, thanks for the 411 !!!

So based off of Elway being responsible for bringing in the right players prior to the 2015 season, would you guys argue that Tony Dungy should receive more credit than Jon Gruden for winning super bowl 36?

I mean Dungy was more responsible for bringing the players in back then over Gruden and the Glazer family.

Just something to think about but also does Monte Kiffen receive as little respect for his role during that season as wade does for 2015 by some?

No it's not time to move on...what all of us (fans, players and management) are dealing with is the very real loss of a person (a man) who created the Royal Blue...1983 through 1998 one of the greatest teams in the league,(WE NEED OUR MAGIC BACK BRONCS...) Mr. B and Co. eventually invoked fans and others to describe Denver, Colorado as heaven on earth partly due to this team's magic...this loss--while anticipated--has put the team in a state of shock and disorientation; it's time to pull it together. 'strap your cleats on and ROCK N" ROLL" BRONCOS...This is not about your stupid WANTS, Complaints, Haves and Have Nots) it's about Denver Colorado baby...Mr. B would want it that way...THIS IS FOR GOOSE BABY...!!!
    Last edited by Countess'Bronc; 09-19-2019 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Countess'Bronc View Post
    No it's not time to move on...what all of us (fans, players and management) are dealing with is the very real loss of a person (a man) who created the Royal Blue...1983 through 1998,(WE NEED OUR MAGIC BACK BRONCS...) who eventually invoked fans and others to describe Denver, Colorado as heaven on earth...this loss--while anticipated--has put the team in a state of shock and disorientation; it's time to pull it together. 'strap your cleats on and ROCK N" ROLL" BRONCOS...This is not about your stupid WANTS, Complaints, Haves and Have Nots) it's about Denver Colorado baby...Mr. B would want it that way...THIS IS FOR GOOSE BABY...!!!
    Uh Goose Gossage? Tony Siragusa? Syracuse?

D-Mac is that you???

Where’s Emmanual Sanders when you need him?
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 09-17-2019 at 04:40 PM.

Shared CPA firms, Cap'n. It probably would have been better had I not learned this.

And that's the truth. . .

I remember when they didn't land Kyle Shanahan. I wondered if it had to do with control over personnel, which Kyle wants, just like his dad always did.

All I have to say is if they do keep Elway they should can Matt Russell and bring in someone to create a roadmap to fix this roster and execute it through the draft and FA. If you have to endure losing seasons, you should at least enjoy picking up top talent in the draft...

You can go back to look at some old threads I posted, even before SB50, and I have always felt Elway suffers from the notorious "Expert Blind Spot".

His picks at O-Line and QB are atrocious.

He picked a TE in the 1st round this year when there were so many better players on the board at positions of need. You never take TEs in the 1st unless they're a generational talent.

Elway has done some great things for the organization and is the face of the brand, but his ineptitude needs to be addressed.

Reminds me about not taking a TE in the 1st round. Years after the fact it came out that Raider scouts had Gronk listed as the best player in that draft and urged Davis to draft him .

IMO where Elway went wrong was not hiring Kyle Shanahan and keeping Wade as d coordinator.

Quote Originally Posted by Q_Ball22 View Post
    IMO where Elway went wrong was not hiring Kyle Shanahan and keeping Wade as d coordinator.
    Didnt Elway want him but Ellis said no ?

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Didnt Elway want him but Ellis said no ?
    Elway wanted Mike which Ellis then vetoed.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Elway wanted Mike which Ellis then vetoed.
    Elway telegraphed to everyone, including Kyle Shanahan, that Vance Joseph was going to be the guy he hired no matter what. This prompted Elway to say during the coaching hire that landed Fangio that he would go in the process with a more open mind this time around.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!