Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bryce Callahan

Bryce Callahan

Any news on him? I havenít heard much since we acquired him... how was he in the pre-season?

Is he playing the slot or sticking outside?
    -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. [B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play [U]EVERY[/U] time on every drive[/COLOR][/B]. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Quote Originally Posted by Champ>NFL View Post
    Any news on him? I havenít heard much since we acquired him... how was he in the pre-season?

Is he playing the slot or sticking outside?
    Heís sticking to the outside with Jackson playing safety Iíd assume but Iíve noticed Denver acquiring all these corners via the waiver wires and free agency.

Yiadom looked pretty good in the preseason and I think weíll see a lot of him throughout the regular season since Callahan tends to be somewhat injury prone!

I like Callahan but Elway is going to have to realize the difference between good players and good dependable players that can stay healthy.

CHJ is in the Champ Bailey mold, very consistent and always healthy (knock on wood). Pay the man, he deserves it and Bryce Callahan is proof of that.

I'm curious as well. I haven't been in the loop as much as I'd like but I know Kareem was playing at safety which likely means Callahan would be the #2 corner on the roster, I imagine playing a good mix of inside and outside.

However we've also picked up some corners at the cut down day and I heard that Callahan's health might be an issue, but I haven't heard much else. I hope he is healthy and a big time contributor.

He did not play in the preseason and missed several days of camp/practice due to an injured foot. He first suffered the injury in week 14 of last year and has been unable to get up to full speed since.

Hasnít done anything yet, I think Yiadom and Bausby are going to make him a luxury piece. They may still have some growing pains to get through but they both have the talent to be very solid CBs. And if Dawson finds his footing here Callahan may be fighting for a job next season as I think we bring Harris back.

not really sure why any one is saying Yiadom looked good during preseason. he got beat pretty often by 4th and 5th string WR, imo

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    not really sure why any one is saying Yiadom looked good during preseason. he got beat pretty often by 4th and 5th string WR, imo
    How often? What was his snap count? Didn't he have a pick?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    couldn't tell you. didn't really watch the preseason games to intently but one of the games, I'm not sure he made a single stop and the WR he was covering caught everything thrown his way. Also could have possibly been Bausby, couldn't tell you 100%.

At the practices I went to for TC, Yiadom did not impress, that I can tell you for sure.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 09-04-2019 at 12:44 PM.

Yes he did.. He had an INT vs SF. I do not have his snap count handy but let's also not forget that he has had an off-season and for much of the PS this is his time to learn the new defense. IMO- for what it is worth the fact that the game slowed for him enough to make a pick shows that he is making progress. IF by the end of the year we see Yiadom with smoke coming off of him because he's been roasted so often...then let's talk.

I think Sam is sort of on the same page as I am here. If a total number of snaps are not listed AND total number of times he was beaten are not listed then it is nothing more than a statement being touted as a fact. I think we made some good decisions this year with our secondary. I'd like to see this trend continue. Ideally though we'd be wanting a top tier guy to pair with CHJ to allow us to really keep teams off the field and get the ball back to our Offense.

couldn't tell you. didn't really watch the preseason games to intently but one of the games, I'm not sure he made a single stop and the WR he was covering caught everything thrown his way. Also could have possibly been Bausby, couldn't tell you 100%.

At the practices I went to for TC, Yiadom did not impress, that I can tell you for sure.
    So to be clear here...you're not sure the player you saw or thought you saw was Bausby or Yiadom...or perhaps someone else? BUT you're certain that Yiadom was beaten on every play (or nearly every play). I am really not trying to be cruel or mean here but that is like when I was in grade school and someone was asked why don't you like that person and the response was "CAUSE!". IMO - information and specifics are important.

I am not saying Yiadom is the second coming of Deon Sanders. I am saying that I think we need to see him and make sure it is HIM in games and see how he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    So to be clear here...you're not sure the player you saw or thought you saw was Bausby or Yiadom...or perhaps someone else? BUT you're certain that Yiadom was beaten on every play (or nearly every play). I am really not trying to be cruel or mean here but that is like when I was in grade school and someone was asked why don't you like that person and the response was "CAUSE!". IMO - information and specifics are important.

I am not saying Yiadom is the second coming of Deon Sanders. I am saying that I think we need to see him and make sure it is HIM in games and see how he does.
    I would say 90% sure it was Yiadom because we were discussing his play at work afterwards. Neither of them has looked good, imo. After watching the games/practices, my opinion was that Harris and Callahan are the only options we have and if I were the opposing QB I would target the 3rd CB on the field every time because they whiff so often. We can revisit it after a few games if you want.

Also, if some of you are basing his worth/quality on 1 INT in a preseason game...that's not much better than my analysis, imo.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 09-04-2019 at 01:27 PM.

Yiadom had 79 snaps in the preseason on defense, Bausby had 78

What number were you observing? Last year Yiadom was #41. This year he is #26 and Bausby is #41, if I'm not mistaken.

What number were you observing? Last year Yiadom was #41. This year he is #26 and Bausby is #41, if I'm not mistaken.
    don't remember numbers. at TC, we used the roster chart they pass out. during the games I looked at the names on the jerseys.

don't remember numbers. at TC, we used the roster chart they pass out. during the games I looked at the names on the jerseys.
    Wow you must have some good eye sight to see the names all the way from the hill unless you had a pair of binoculars but thatíd even be hard to see through not only the crowd but the crowd of players as well.