Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Results 766 to 780 of 908
  1. #766
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Ondavi View Post
    John Elway and the team he has created: yesterday's win was a pleasant and awesome surprise! Thank you! Now, can we please just squeeze/eek out three more victories so the Bronchos can become bowl eligible? Your consideration of this is appreciated.
    3 more wins will not get us into the playoffs.

  2. #767
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    41
    Well, shucks.

  3. #768
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    522
    I think the last two draft classes show that Elway is making progress. If Lock pans out as an above average QB everyone will forget the misses and start to look forward to the abundance of young talent on the roster

  4. #769
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    41
    But look at all of the WASTED time, energies (or lack thereof), disappointment, aggravation, broken hearts of loyal supporters/fans, and most importantly, MONIE$ just pissed away for basically nothing. The management of this organization, and PARTICULARLY JOHN ELWAY, are paid, or "rewarded," if you prefer, waaaaaaay too much money for these months, years, and seasons of pathetic results. Just keep the folks waiting, and hoping, even praying "for the future," while the management keeps depositing HUGE amounts of monie$ into their bank accounts. There is NO rebuttal to this FACT. Embrace while you keep hoping for resurrection.

  5. #770
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    2,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Ondavi View Post
    But look at all of the WASTED time, energies (or lack thereof), disappointment, aggravation, broken hearts of loyal supporters/fans, and most importantly, MONIE$ just pissed away for basically nothing. The management of this organization, and PARTICULARLY JOHN ELWAY, are paid, or "rewarded," if you prefer, waaaaaaay too much money for these months, years, and seasons of pathetic results. Just keep the folks waiting, and hoping, even praying "for the future," while the management keeps depositing HUGE amounts of monie$ into their bank accounts. There is NO rebuttal to this FACT. Embrace while you keep hoping for resurrection.
    John Elway is not doing this job for a paycheck. He is doing it because he's an ultra competitive person.

    There is absolutely a reason to rebuttal your statement. Elway could've retired in the 90s. You honestly think he is doing this for a paycheck? Seriously. He wants to win.

  6. #771
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    John Elway is not doing this job for a paycheck. He is doing it because he's an ultra competitive person.

    There is absolutely a reason to rebuttal your statement. Elway could've retired in the 90s. You honestly think he is doing this for a paycheck? Seriously. He wants to win.
    He certainly was cashing in during a media blitz for Endo Pharmaceuticals while the team started 0-3.

  7. #772
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lone Tree
    Posts
    2,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    He certainly was cashing in during a media blitz for Endo Pharmaceuticals while the team started 0-3.
    And he was cashing in on endorsement deals when the team was a Superbowl contender. What's your point?

    We can argue on the merits of the job he is doing but I don't think you can debate that Elway doesn't care. He wants to win.

  8. #773
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    41
    If Elway DOESN'T care about the money, why is he endorsing so damned many local and national businesses?! He doesn't do those for free, nor just "to win." If he doesn't need the money from the Bronchos, then why does he continue to take a percentage of the teams annual revenue, per his "deal" with the organization? Sorry, JW7, but you are myopic about your hero with regard to the money subject.

  9. #774
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    And he was cashing in on endorsement deals when the team was a Superbowl contender. What's your point?

    We can argue on the merits of the job he is doing but I don't think you can debate that Elway doesn't care. He wants to win.
    Oh, actually I can. If he cared as much as you claim he wouldnít be absent shilling for a pharma company while the team was off to another losing start. Maybe he should have paid closer attention to Flaccoís play and made a decision to switch to Allen sooner. Itís hard to manage effectively when youíre off on a media blitz cashing in on another endorsement. Heís done a poor job over the last several years and thatís not even debatable. He should spend more time being present as an executive and running operations.

  10. #775
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,890
    Love him or hate him Elway will finish his contract with Denver. And, next offseason when he fixes the offensive line and the team looks competitive he'll probably get an extension. Don't hate the messenger, you know it could and probably will happen if he knocks the next draft out of the park


    Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

  11. #776
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,298
    Who cares who pays Elway our how much for his endorsement? Seriously.
    His name is valuable to any company willing to pay and if or when that well dries up they'll move on to another name.

  12. #777
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,345
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Love him or hate him Elway will finish his contract with Denver. And, next offseason when he fixes the offensive line and the team looks competitive he'll probably get an extension. Don't hate the messenger, you know it could and probably will happen if he knocks the next draft out of the park
    Not if Jeff Bezos buys the team when Goodell forces a the sale which Iíve heard heís leaning towards doing.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...nt-owners/amp/

    Actually I could see a scenario where Bezos or any new owner would keep Elway around giving him a chance to fix things without having Joe Ellis limiting his choices however a new owner would opt to hold him accountable a lot sooner than Ellis would.

  13. #778
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Who cares who pays Elway our how much for his endorsement? Seriously.
    His name is valuable to any company willing to pay and if or when that well dries up they'll move on to another name.
    I donít care how much anyone pays Elway, but I care about whether he can manage the team effectively. Itís very clear he hasnít managed the roster properly, reflected in the record over the last four seasons. If heís good with a media blitz while his new coach starts the season 0-3, what is Elwayís focus? IMO itís not the right focus when the team is trying to get itís footing after back to back losing seasons.

  14. #779
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Not if Jeff Bezos buys the team when Goodell forces a the sale which Iíve heard heís leaning towards doing.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...nt-owners/amp/
    Gross. Don't say that. I don't think I could cheer for the Bezos Broncos.

  15. #780
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles LA
    Posts
    3,873
    Every time I watch Wilson play it brings a tear to my eye. This is one of another reason of the long list of reasons why Elway should be resigned. Wilson should have been our Qb but who did we choose while Wilson was on the clock?

    Hm Osweiler I think....heck he was even dismissed by the browns he was so awful...oh wah wah I'm Living in the past. Yup I still think of the Lynch Prescott...Elway needs to go I loved him as a qb but as a gm he is mediocre. He had a good run early on but by all means the Qb he misses on is just mindblowing.

    Back to my Wilson argument he had all the tools to run what we did successfully but Elway passed on him...for Os...I forget who the poster was back then that knew before Wilson was drafted that said he'd be special and hey that poster was right.

    Russ is clutch and he's a multi threat can beat you with his legs or arm. He has a lot of game winning drives one of which was against us when we had Manning. Guys a baller I just don't see how Elway passed on this guy knowing he needed a Qb he had to have looked at the tape between the two...oh well Russ would have been great for us.


    That was some game tonight...once Lock stinks up the field because I don't have faith in Elway drafted QBs and Lock is yet another project I don't want Elway around for the next eventual Qb successor. I say Lock will last until next season due to the limited sample size he may get this year but once the writing is on the wall and if Elway is still the gm I fully expect the pitch forks to be out. They should be out right now but that would cement that scenario in my opinion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •