Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    After winning the Lombardi in 2015, four consecutive losing seasons should cause Elway to lose his job.

If the team is 7-9 or worse in 2019 and the same in 2020, I predict Elway won't see 2021 as the team's GM.
    "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Will the boards still be up in arms after we beat Chicago??? I'm not screaming for anybody's head until we see where this team is at half way through
    Only after every loss.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    John Elway is under contract as the Denver Broncos' GM through the 2021 season.
    you post that like a GM under contract has never been fired
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Only after every loss.
    They come out after a win too. We just see less positive posts after a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by onanygivensunda View Post
    After winning the Lombardi in 2015, four consecutive losing seasons should cause Elway to lose his job.

If the team is 7-9 or worse in 2019 and the same in 2020, I predict Elway won't see 2021 as the team's GM.
    We were 9-7 in 2016

After 1 game you see us having a losing season 2019 and 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    you post that like a GM under contract has never been fired
    I do not recall having said that. Don't put words in my mouth. I feel capable of expressing myself without your observations. Google it, if you don't believe me. Didn't make any prediction; jus' sayin'. Besides, I don't think it's our call to make.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    I do not recall having said that. Don't put words in my mouth. I feel capable of expressing myself without your observations. Google it, if you don't believe me. Didn't make any prediction; jus' sayin'. Besides, I don't think it's our call to make.
    I was saying GMs get fired

edit - I misread it. You are not trying to put words into my mouth. You are trying to control my self expression. Do not do that. I can post whatver I want as long as it fits under the rules of the forums.
    Last edited by Hadez; 09-14-2019 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I was saying GMs get fired

edit - I misread it. You are not trying to put words into my mouth. You are trying to control my self expression. Do not do that. I can post whatver I want as long as it fits under the rules of the forums.
    You lost me.

We need to go at least 9-7 this year

There is no sort of cutoff point for me. I just want to some sort of semblence of a vision and plan coming togegether.

Would I prefer 10-6? Sure but if we finish the year 7-9 and it looks like Lock is the franchise guy, Sutton takes another huge step forward, Fant looks like a potential longterm franchise guy at TE, etc that is what is most important me right now.

Much more so then if we have a fluky 10-6 year like the 2007 Browns.

I would take a Fluke or a Flounder at this point.
    Anything, just have a winning season and some improvement!

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I would take a Fluke or a Flounder at this point.
    Anything, just have a winning season and some improvement!

Letís start with a win on Sunday!

I remember traveling home after the Broncos lost to the Steelers in 2015. After back to back losses to the Raiders and Steelers, at the time it didnít feel like we had a Super Bowl caliber team. After the loss, I remember a Steelers fan saying their season had the feel of another championship. In hindsight, it worked out pretty well. Letís hope last Mondayís loss was a sign of better things to come - like those losses to the Raiders and Steelers in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaccoTruther View Post
    There is no sort of cutoff point for me. I just want to some sort of semblence of a vision and plan coming togegether.

Would I prefer 10-6? Sure but if we finish the year 7-9 and it looks like Lock is the franchise guy, Sutton takes another huge step forward, Fant looks like a potential longterm franchise guy at TE, etc that is what is most important me right now.

Much more so then if we have a fluky 10-6 year like the 2007 Browns.
    You realize our 2018 season was the one which showed promise?? Lindsay, Sutton, Chubb. Last season showed a future core of the team. Everyone said just wait until next year. Now here we are.

New Orleans was 7-9 team year after year. Then they drafted Kamara, Lattimore, and Ramzsyk and went 11-5. Their promising future happened in one season.

So how many ďyears of promiseĒ before Broncos fans we say enough? In my mind, THIS is the year Elway either gets us to the playoffs or he leaves. If we end the season saying ď6-10 but I see some bright spotsĒ then we are doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Letís start with a win on Sunday!

I remember traveling home after the Broncos lost to the Steelers in 2015. After back to back losses to the Raiders and Steelers, at the time it didnít feel like we had a Super Bowl caliber team. After the loss, I remember a Steelers fan saying their season had the feel of another championship. In hindsight, it worked out pretty well. Letís hope last Mondayís loss was a sign of better things to come - like those losses to the Raiders and Steelers in 2015.
    Sounds good to me!

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    You realize our 2018 season was the one which showed promise?? Lindsay, Sutton, Chubb. Last season showed a future core of the team. Everyone said just wait until next year. Now here we are.

New Orleans was 7-9 team year after year. Then they drafted Kamara, Lattimore, and Ramzsyk and went 11-5. Their promising future happened in one season.

So how many “years of promise” before Broncos fans we say enough? In my mind, THIS is the year Elway either gets us to the playoffs or he leaves. If we end the season saying “6-10 but I see some bright spots” then we are doomed.
    That's what fans are saying already. There is no leash on Elway in this forum.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!