Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
    You cant watch this game and conclude Elway is succeeding. His failure to assemble talent is fireable. He is gone on Black Monday.

The Denver Broncos need to transition Elway out of the organization. Joe Ellis should recognize the fact that the franchise is in full collapse.

Starting the season 0-3 after back to back losing seasons is unacceptable. Elway has simply failed the build the roster, compounded by hiring the wrong coaches.

I admire everything Elway accomplished as a player and early success as a GM. However. he is largely responsible for the collapse of the franchise.

There is no defending Elway. He has mismanaged the roster with poor drafts and bad free agent contracts.

It is time to move forward. It starts with a new GM.

No heart, no fight, no focus, no game plan, no coaching staff, no quality 1st round pick (yet another dud in Fant), no wins, no sacks, no Von, no kicker (McManus is a choking expert) and on, and on, and on, and on...…...This team is pathetic and an embarrassment to the league. Start tanking now for the 1st pick, then dump this entire staff at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy22jeff View Post
    No heart, no fight, no focus, no game plan, no coaching staff, no quality 1st round pick (yet another dud in Fant), no wins, no sacks, no Von, no kicker (McManus is a choking expert) and on, and on, and on, and on...…...This team is pathetic and an embarrassment to the league. Start tanking now for the 1st pick, then dump this entire staff at the end of the season.
    The problem starts with Elway (and I would add Ellis). Without a new GM it wont matter if the Broncos have the first pick. First, the pick would likely be squandered on the wrong player and second, Elway wouldnt build a strong enough roster around the #1 pick (QB). Not to mention the wrong coaching staff to develop a franchise quarterback.

It starts with hiring a competent GM.

All I can say is that if Lock does not pan out, Elway is done. There will be nothing to save him from a third consecutive losing season.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

1. Elway knows how to build a Super Bowl Team

Almost 1/3 of the teams in the NFL have not made it to the Super Bowl since Elway retired as QB.

Elway has done it twice since he took over as GM. Elway's ere started right after the McD years which were the worst years in Denver since the 70s.

2. How many horrible GMs we will have to go through before we get another one who can build a Super Bowl team?

There is a reason so few teams win the Super Bowl and lot of teams do not even make it to the Super Bowl
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by BeelzeBob View Post
    I'm sure this won't be popular with many, but this team is just a mess and it's mostly due to major talent issues created by Elway. This just can't be allowed to continue. He had a good run, but now that Manning is gone it's really rather obvious that he's just not a very good GM. Time to move on. Otherwise I fear we are on our way to being a perennial loser for years to come.
    Elway is going to get this last shot for sure. I wouldn't mind seeing Elway and Fangio blow it up and rebuild it instead of keeping certain things on life support all the time. The OL for years now. You can't just free agency an OL. He's built a pretty consistent defense over the years I can give him that, but it definitely was at great cost in other areas. Of course if drafting was better, probably could overcome some of those things but
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post

LoL...Classic

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    All I can say is that if Lock does not pan out, Elway is done. There will be nothing to save him from a third consecutive losing season.
    Waiting on Lock to even start means we cant conclusively judge him until the end of 2020 season. Too late for that.

Fans can blame the refs and the turnovers all they want. The fact is the Broncos have a deficiency of talent. Simple as that. They lack playmakers on both sides of the ball. The only person to blame is Elway.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    Fans can blame the refs and the turnovers all they want. The fact is the Broncos have a deficiency of talent. Simple as that. They lack playmakers on both sides of the ball. The only person to blame is Elway.
    Elway has done more than anybody in the building, I got Elways back!!!

Again for those calling for Elways head, whos out there that would do a better job and is currently unemployed?? Ill wait...

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Elway has done more than anybody in the building, I got Elways back!!!
    Im with ya brotha

I posted this exact sentiment but added that without selling the team or getting ownership in place real change would never happen.

Somehow that post disappeared from the boards almost immediately after publishing it.