Page 20 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
    Why would anyone watch this team or anythingabout it ? Itís been a total disgrace and the worst run team since the SB win. Bad drafts catch up to ya

Devin Bush would be useful to this team right now. Noah Fant, not so much.

How many blunders has Elway committed?

Hired Vance Joseph instead of K Shanahan
    Moved up to draft Paxton Lynch
    Traded for Mark Sanchez to be the starter
    Signed Keenum to a large salary to trade him one year later
    Signed Okung, let him go 1 year later then drafted Bolles
    The Osweiler debacle
    Shane Ray
    Drafted Lock then placed him on IR for a camp body roster spot
    Passed on every first rounder QB in the 2018 draft
    Fired John Fox, then Kubiak came in and forced Manning to run an offense he was not comfortable with (arguably cutting Mannings career short)
    Trading Talib
    Letting Trevathan and Malik Jackson walk
    Shaq Barrett

Am I missing any? Yes he won a superbowl (with free agency bonanzas, what free agents are coming here now?)

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStampede View Post

The Osweiler debacle
    Shane Ray
    Fired John Fox, then Kubiak came in and forced Manning to run an offense he was not comfortable with (arguably cutting Mannings career short)
    Trading Talib
    Shaq Barrett

Am I missing any? Yes he won a superbowl (with free agency bonanzas, what free agents are coming here now?)
    Marquette King.

The Osweiler debacle
    Shane Ray
    Trading Talib
    Shaq Barrett

You have got to be kidding right. That was a gutsy call and one of the best calls a GM has ever made. We won a SB because of it. And Manning was on the down side of his career period, it started last part of the year before. He should be looking at that second ring and having greats thoughts of John cause without that move, he wouldn't have a second ring.

Elway has earned some criticism for sure. Heck I'm tired of continuing to draft TE meanwhile our OL is a mess. But John has done some great things too. Getting rid of Fox and hiring Kubes was one of best things he has ever done period. The Denver Broncos won SB 50 because of it. SMH
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

The Osweiler debacle
    Shane Ray
    Trading Talib
    Shaq Barrett

Letting Wade go

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    You have got to be kidding right. That was a gutsy call and one of the best calls a GM has ever made. We won a SB because of it. And Manning was on the down side of his career period, it started last part of the year before. He should be looking at that second ring and having greats thoughts of John cause without that move, he wouldn't have a second ring.

Elway has earned some criticism for sure. Heck I'm tired of continuing to draft TE meanwhile our OL is a mess. But John has done some great things too. Getting rid of Fox and hiring Kubes was one of best things he has ever done period. The Denver Broncos won SB 50 because of it. SMH
    We won a SB because of Wade and Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Letting Wade go
    Very much agree there. I am still disappointed that we didn't hire Kyle and keep Wade, I think this team would have gone in a whole different direction.

Worse part for me is that it all seemed to fall into place at just the right time and instead of going with what seemed like a no brainer, hiring Kyle an OC who had just come off a SB run and son of our SB winning HC, we hired a coach with 1 year experience as a coordinator and his D was by far not lights out. It is still a hard pill to swallow. In my book, that will go down as one of Elways worse decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bates View Post
    We won a SB because of Wade and Miller.
    We won a SB cause Kubiak put in an offense and ran the ball. Had we done that in the Seatle SB we may have won that one too. While Miller and Wade certainly played a big role, if we still had Fox in charge. we don't have another ring. Elway and Kubiak had as much to do with that SB as anyone else period.

Yes we won a superbowl, that goes down in football immortality and will never be forgotten. However, manning wasnt found of kubiak, and kubiak's refusal to tailor an offense around Manning forced his retirement. There are rumors locally that Manning would've played in 2016 if he had a better offensive fit. Ultimately I feel Manning is responsible for our 2012 - 2015 run, not Elway.

Very much agree there. I am still disappointed that we didn't hire Kyle and keep Wade, I think this team would have gone in a whole different direction.

Worse part for me is that it all seemed to fall into place at just the right time and instead of going with what seemed like a no brainer, hiring Kyle an OC who had just come off a SB run and son of our SB winning HC, we hired a coach with 1 year experience as a coordinator and his D was by far not lights out. It is still a hard pill to swallow. In my book, that will go down as one of Elways worse decisions.
    Completely agree. Letting Wade go was the beginning of this downfall. Iím still not over it, especially when I see what Joe Woods did and now Fangio. Itís hard to take.

Not sure why he didnít want to hire Kyle. There had to be some kind of story there.

At this point speculating who was responsible for the SB50 win is living in the past. This is 2019, not 2015. We are all grateful for that period of time, but it has little bearing on what is happening to the team now. Realistically I don't think Elway will be gone, as bad as he's been because there isn't anyone in the FO big enough to fire him halfway through his current contract. Until then we can expect more of the same.

Bowlens kid will not make her first move as the owner firing the current GM. What is more likely is that Elway will have the remainder of his contract to improve the team, and until then Ellis and Brittany will search for the proper replacement.

Yes we won a superbowl, that goes down in football immortality and will never be forgotten. However, manning wasnt found of kubiak, and kubiak's refusal to tailor an offense around Manning forced his retirement. There are rumors locally that Manning would've played in 2016 if he had a better offensive fit. Ultimately I feel Manning is responsible for our 2012 - 2015 run, not Elway.
    I'm sure Manning was not a fan of it at first. But he also learned along the way that he didn't have to win every game by himself. He had a team and a D that was capable by itself. It showed when we won all those games without him. When Manning came back , he had a different attitude and it showed. He actually audibled out of passing plays to run plays and started relying on his defense. He said at one point and this is not an exact quote "I'm not the lead singer any more , but I'm still a member of the band and can sing one here and there. Obviously that is not the exact quote (sure you can find it if you google it). But it showed a big change in Manning IMO. By the end I believe he had changed in his way of thinking. He got to go out on top as a SB champion because of it. He could not have been to unhappy, he was hugging Kubes and laughing with him after the SB and Manning chose to retire as a Bronco. That in itself is pretty telling.

As for Manning coming back for another year, I don't believe it for a minute. He told Brady/Belichek that it might be his last rodeo when they met at midfield after the game during the season. He had been on the downside since halfway through the season the year before. I don't think he could throw the long ball with any accuracy towards the end. He at one point had become an interception machine. In the end we won a SB with him but he was more of a game manager at that point. Though his leadership was not replaceable imo. That was his biggest asset for us.

I was happy we got Peyton, and we had some thrilling years with him. Heck I'd love for him to come back in some sort of coaching or FO role. Heck just to have him back in the building would be great imo. I don't think for 1 second he was going to play for another year regardless of what happened. His skill set was sinking and he knew it. I'm very glad he got to go out on top with us. I could not think of a more fitting end for such a class act.

Passing up on Devin Bush and getting Fant is one of the worst things this franchise has done in years. It is painful to watch how slow and terrible the middle of our defense is. Literally any QB can carve them up over the middle. And I donít know how many times a RB gets to the edge because of the lack of speed. It looks like weíre gonna be able to make a tackle at the line or behind and they literally get beat every time. Bush would of really helped this defense right now. Our front 7 has ZERO playmakers. And where is Dremont Jones. This whole offseason was a total disaster from spending all that money on Flacco to the draft.

The Osweiler debacle
    Shane Ray
    Trading Talib
    Shaq Barrett

Garrett Bolles over Ramzchk!