Page 22 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
    He’s an above average player, rarely hurt, very dependable however nothing special.

I’d rather extend CHJ BUT if I were Eliss, I’d block all possible extensions at the moment.

If a new GM is in fact on his way then we want to have as much Space available as possible for him to work with. There is no sense in wasting it on slightly above average or mediocre talent
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 09-22-2019 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    Shaq Barrett has 8 sacks. Elway let him go.
    Elway did not just let him go, Barrett wanted to start. Here he wasn't going to start, he would have been down the line when it came to OL. He left because he wanted to start. If he was here playing on this team, he wouldn't have all those sacks. I like Barrett, but he is not better than Miller or Chubb. We wanted to bring him back, he wanted to move on somewhere else and hopefully start. Looks like he bet on himself and won. I hope he does very well and am very happy for him.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    He’s an above average player, rarely hurt, very dependable however nothing special.

I’d rather extend CHJ BUT if I were Eliss, I’d block all possible extensions at the moment.

If a new GM is in fact on his way then we want to have as much Space available as possible for him to work with. There is no sense in wasting it on slightly above average or mediocre talent
    I'd argue your first statement. While he has talent, he lacks discipline. He is a couple years in the league and he still bights on fakes and gives up big plays cause he is out of position. At best I think he is an average player and he makes mistakes giving up big plays still. I would be looking for his replacement.

To me he is another Brandon Marshall (the LB) , not worth the contract we gave him and then were stuck with him and sub par play at the position. Would much rather have used that money for his replacement. Same with Simmons
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 09-22-2019 at 08:17 PM.

We won a SB cause Kubiak put in an offense and ran the ball. Had we done that in the Seatle SB we may have won that one too. While Miller and Wade certainly played a big role, if we still had Fox in charge. we don't have another ring. Elway and Kubiak had as much to do with that SB as anyone else period.
    The defense carried that team to a Super Bowl. There were entire halves it felt like the offense took off while the defense carried the team.

Look no further than the AFC Champ game. In the 2nd half the offense was having troubles getting first downs while the defense being tested by Brady Gronk and Co over and over.

The offense has to score to win a Ring but man they did about as little as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Bates View Post
    We won a SB because of Wade and Miller.
    Wade was a huge part of it but so was a lot of the players we had on defense...Talib...Trev...Malik...Ward...other guys who thrived under Wade but struggled under other coaches.

Von had an epic playoff run no doubt but he was a member of a very well coached Defensive team that was carrying a team to a Super Bowl.
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    John brought in Gary, Gary chose Wade who was his DC in Houston, and who wouldn't have come here if John didn't choose Gary.

What's funny is watching people trying to deny Elway any credit for anything good that happened here and assign it to others.
    Great post my friend.... cps

Edit: sorry gotta spread it

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStampede View Post
    How many blunders has Elway committed?

Hired Vance Joseph instead of K Shanahan
    Moved up to draft Paxton Lynch
    Traded for Mark Sanchez to be the starter
    Signed Keenum to a large salary to trade him one year later
    Signed Okung, let him go 1 year later then drafted Bolles
    The Osweiler debacle
    Shane Ray
    Drafted Lock then placed him on IR for a camp body roster spot
    Passed on every first rounder QB in the 2018 draft
    Fired John Fox, then Kubiak came in and forced Manning to run an offense he was not comfortable with (arguably cutting Mannings career short)
    Trading Talib
    Letting Trevathan and Malik Jackson walk
    Shaq Barrett

Am I missing any? Yes he won a superbowl (with free agency bonanzas, what free agents are coming here now?)
    Tried to force Michael Schofield into a starting role during the John Fox era. Fox responded with ďSchofield will never start for my teamĒ.

Funny Schofield started the very next season when he gave up 5 sacks to Khalil Mack.

Oh perhaps firing Brian Xanderís who was a part of the scouting department when CHJ, Danny Trevathan, Von Miller, Derek Wolfe and Malik Jackson were drafted.

Paying an injury prone Juwann James instead of rewarding a great center that played hurt in Matt Paradis.

Replacing Zane Beadles and JD Walton with Max Garcia and Ty Sambralio.

Allowing a very solid Orlando Franklin to walk and then spelled with Micheal Schofield...
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 09-22-2019 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Completely agree. Letting Wade go was the beginning of this downfall. Iím still not over it, especially when I see what Joe Woods did and now Fangio. Itís hard to take.

Not sure why he didnít want to hire Kyle. There had to be some kind of story there.
    I agree on this

Elway said over and over during his time looking for a head coach after firing Vance that time he was keeping his mind open.

IMO Elway had been looking to hire Vance for whatever reason since Fox and the Broncos parted ways. This Vance Tunnel vision lead to a lot of bad choices.

Great post my friend.... cps

Edit: sorry gotta spread it
    If Elway had his way, VJ would had been the defensive coordinator in 2015 and Denver most likely does not win super bowl 50!

Not trying to argue but stating a fact. Iím so glad Marvin Lewis blocked that interview! Hahahahaha we could maybe perhaps show a little credit to Marvin for our super bowl 50 victory as well!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 09-22-2019 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    At this point speculating who was responsible for the SB50 win is living in the past. .
    Elway built the team that won 5 straight AFC West titles and went to two Super Bowls while putting the third trophy in this

He also built the teams that went 9-7, 5-11, 6-10 and 0-3 going through 3 head coaches, 4 offensive cords and 3 defensive cords in that time frame

There is no debate

John brought in Gary, Gary chose Wade who was his DC in Houston, and who wouldn't have come here if John didn't choose Gary.

What's funny is watching people trying to deny Elway any credit for anything good that happened here and assign it to others.
    Whatís interesting is watching some people give Elway the credit for success, then shift the blame to others like Ellis as the bottom has fallen out. Canít have it both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    What’s interesting is watching some people give Elway the credit for success, then shift the blame to others like Ellis as the bottom has fallen out. Can’t have it both ways.
    or celebrate the 5 division championships,2 conference championship s,and the Superbowl and then turn on him!
    Can't have it both ways is right,if you celebrated Superbowl50 and now you want elway gone you must have forgotten 1999-2010
    Broncos Sweep Bolts!!!!!!!!

People do it all the time.

Seen it done to Wade
    Seeing it done to Von
    Seen it done to just about everyone who has had any hand in winning a Super Bowl for the Broncos that fans want gone.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    or celebrate the 5 division championships,2 conference championship s,and the Superbowl and then turn on him!
    Can't have it both ways is right,if you celebrated Superbowl50 and now you want elway gone you must have forgotten 1999-2010
    If you're crediting him for those wins, then you better credit him for where we are right now.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Whatís interesting is watching some people give Elway the credit for success, then shift the blame to others like Ellis as the bottom has fallen out. Canít have it both ways.
    I think the issue is that we all know that Elway is largely the one who put this team together but that he should be afforded the opportunity to turn it around. If you get rid of Elway, you should get rid of the coach and everyone else too. We just hired this guy and heís three games in. We need to give it more time.

But who am I kidding, people are going to be itching to run this new guy out of town by week 8.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    If you're crediting him for those wins, then you better credit him for where we are right now.
    I take the good with the bad. He has achieved more than 90% of the current GM's in the league. Pointing out that he has made mistakes is more about the person posting, trying to sound intelligent. Meanwhile elway is the one who actually achieved something
    Broncos Sweep Bolts!!!!!!!!