Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Broncos came out flat. No emotion, no intensity. They were outcoached, outschemed, outplayed and got bullied and had almost no answers to what the Raiders were doing. The final score is not representative of how bad Denver was beaten last night. This team continued to show the roster difficiencies that have plagued them the last few years. Last night was unacceptable. Fangio shoulders a lot of the blame for last night, and hopefully he can turn it around, but, if this kind of performance continues, ultimately, the blame falls on Elway, and even his legacy can't continue bail him out for his dwindling track record as a GM.

It is everything. Talent. Coaching. Culture. And when you put that altogether for four straight years, the only commonality is John Elway. Joe Ellis needs to prepare a Black Monday final chat with John Elway. And Broncos Country needs to start to understand Elway is the problem.

Iíve said we need to move on from Elway for years on here but everyone thought I was a troll....

Well look what your Elway support has gotten us fellas

Quote Originally Posted by Champ>NFL View Post
    Iíve said we need to move on from Elway for years on here but everyone thought I was a troll....

Well look what your Elway support has gotten us fellas
    Amen. Me too. We were ridiculed as haters for simply stating facts about how badly Elway has drafted. Only now does everyone see that nine years of wasted drafting has destroyed our team.

It wasnt Elway who dropped a td pass, it wasnt Elway who took sacks that took us out of field goal range and it wasnt Elway who failed to get ANY pressure on Carr. We do need a ILB and that's evident. All the Elway haters here expected him to draft Lock @10 , but he didnt . You dont know why they didnt take D Bush with the tenth pick. 3 trips in the redzone ended up with 9 pts , which is not Elways fault. Our players just got punched in the mouth period. It wouldn't of mattered who our GM was last night.
    Last edited by orange crush75; 09-10-2019 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    It wasnt Elway who dropped a td pass, it wasnt Elway who took sacks that took us out of field goal range and it wasnt Elway who failed to get ANY pressure on Carr. We do need a ILB and that's evident. All the Elway haters here expected him to draft Lock @10 , but he didnt . You dont know why they didnt take D Bush with the tenth pick. 3 trips in the redzone ended up with 9 pts , which is not Elways fault. Our players just got punched in the mouth period. It wouldn't of mattered who our GM was last night.

I agree 100%. Lets not overreact based off of 1 game. This Team looked uninspired the entire game unlike Oakland Denver came out flat and tired. Denver was just plain and simple beaten in all aspects of the game I can only hope for a better performance vs Chicago.

To those saying not to over react to week 1.

When it comes to new coaching staff and players I agree. Itís silly to over react to week 1 and not allow time for growth and improvement.

However when it comes to Elway I think itís extremely fair to say itís not based on 1 week of play but rather 49 games of sub par play.

I understand yíall want to give his new regime and roster time to grow. But this isnít limited to last night. Weíve now missed 3 consecutive post seasons and while itís too early to give up on this year it appears headed for a fourth straight. Iíve been as lenient with Elway as anyone due to the Super Bowl. But how long does it buy him grace? I feel like for me this season is it.

I canít continue to watch failure after failure season always saying well give his new choices time to grow. At some point you have to say enough is enough and start over at the top.

But it was Elway who selected those players who failed to execute and the coaching staff who does things like choose an assenine gimmick play call on first and goal after our first long successful drive of the game. Lining up half of your oline to the far left hash mark and actually snapping the ball is something high school teams do. Not NFL.

You canít give the GM credit when the players and staff he chooses work but not give him blame when they consistently fail to execute.

He canít go execute for these players. But he can stop taking risky draft picks based on one flashy attribute when there are more sure picks available. And he can stop putting free agent band aids on the oline, ILB and corners. Those are his fault.

Coaching was real bad in the first half. Tried to get way too cute on offense and defense was just meh. Thatís a huge oline and they pushed our dline around. Miller and Chubb werenít given a chance to impact the game. No reason to play any CB 10 yards off the ball with those two on the edge. They also dropped into coverage way too much which is unacceptable.

Offense found some rhythm in the 2nd half when the run game got going. Go figure. Sutton looks dangerous on those slant routes, shocked he didnít get any fades thrown in the red zone, didnít even try to isolate him one on one to attempt it. Only defensive adjustment I saw was putting Harris on Waller which pretty much stopped him when he was outside. Simmons missed an easy INT playing the WR instead of the ball. ILB is a glaring weakness. Davis can help against the run but we desperately need a playmaker there.

If we donít start putting our CBs up near the LOS weíre going to see this a lot this season. Was surprised Yiadom didnít get benched, but he was put in a terrible position all game by being lined up so far off. Very few CBs can play 10 yards off and be effective, not sure why we see it with every CB every year.

So just like the rest of you I was really disappointed in the sense of urgency in our play through 3 quarters. I wanted to blame an area of the team and, well it certainly was everyone. A super bowl MVP can't take 2 of those sacks. Chubb and Miller have to make Carr more uncomfortable than that. Our run defense, very poor. Juwan James, hopefully is back soon. Leary had a poor game minus a fumble recovery. Yiadom is overmatched still. Phillip Lindsay was under utilized and not blocked for. Noah Fant needs to run some pass routes and have Fumagali blocking more. Our play calling on both sides of the ball was ineffective for most of 3 quarters.

I wanted to look at some positives from this game and there weren't many. No turnovers, somehow Bolles had no penalties, Sutton is a good receiver when we use him. Sanders still looks explosive, Kareem Jackson played pretty well.

The last 3 coaches we have fired have started 3-0. There is huge, huge room for improvement and hopefully Fangio demands it and gets it sooner than later. 1 game doesn't make a season unless it is a Super Bowl win.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Just like we have moved away from other people who have won us Super Bowls and watched as "trusted" posters talk about how over rated they were I am sure Elway will get that treatment too.

Not this year tho.
    Flacco is mediocre at best. Coaching staff are assistants and position coaches who have been promoted. Elway can't draft for crap. There are players who on this team who should of been cut 1/2 way through last season ( bolles ).
    While we only loss by 8 it was a major loss as the Raiders were to be the easiest game of the season.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

No. I appreciate the orange colored glasses, kool aid drinking fans here. I was one at one point. But to the op's point, it's time. Time to demand that our team puts a decent product on the field instead of garbage.

We were in sore need of inside linebacker talent. We were overmatched in terms of our offensive line at both tackles and one guard position. We lacked depth at wide receiver. Oh my gosh we failed at the experiment to support Kareem Jackson at safety thinking we had enough corner back depth to make this up (in reality we have more safety depth than starting corner right now). Our first round tight end continues to look like a liability. And when we needed it most our "strengths" that were supposed to be coaching, pass rush, running game and somewhat our quarterback, none of them were good enough to win.

We aren't a talented team at enough positions to compete at this level. Period. It's hard to make chicken soup out of chicken poop.

I will caution against judging the whole season off one game. Last season we came out and beat Seattle and many said it was because Seattle wasnít a good team more than us being good. Well we werenít good but Seattle made the playoffs. This is just one game, there are still 15 more games to go and anything can happen.

No it wasn't Always fault. You are exactly right. However, it was Elway who hired the coaching staff. It was Elway who either drafted or traded for the members of this team. When the GM hires people, he hires them for their abilities, talents and skills. The OC is responsible for the red zone failures last night. The DC is responsible for allowing the Raiders to score last night. Who is responsible for hiring the OC and the DC? The GM.....period. While the players and the coaching staff must take responsibility for last night's loss ultimately the GM has to take responsibility for the entire team and the decisions he made in the hiring and signing.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Elwayís last two drafts have looked a lot better on the field. Look at all the players who looked good last night (Sutton, Risner, Lindsay, Freeman, Chubb has shown promise but not last night, Hamilton looked good other than that huge drop in the end zone) thatís the foundation to build on for the future and hopefully Drew Lock will show to be a franchise QB. Heís improved every game in the preseason up until he got hurt.

Future is bright just need another good draft for the holes that they have.

With that said.... we were hot trash last night. Absolute embarrassment