Page 33 of 61 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    No. Ellis can hire a headhunter firm to guide the GM search. Ellis hasn’t fired him because Broncos Country hasn’t yet roundly united in the agreement Elway has failed. We are almost there.
    Good luck with that.

Some around here will never admit to anything that could tarnish Elway's reputation as a GM, which is silly seeing as it's already pretty damn bad if you're to go by what's been said by fans of other teams for the past few seasons.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by BeelzeBob View Post
    Umm...the directive to find a QB is way more important. That's the main thing that has defined Elway's failure as a GM. He can't find a QB to save his life, and he's passed over quite a few at this point who could've saved us.
    Very true. Heís also failed to identify O-Linemen, Dlinemen, MLB, TE.

Quote Originally Posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    Does Ellis have the authority to fire Elway? Even if he does, does he have the stones to actually do it? I don't think so. It is what it is, likely till ownership settles out. Elway is never going to step down on his own

I think the o-line is an area of the team on a upswing. They played pretty dang good today against a group that had NINE sacks last week.
    Yes he does, but I can't imagine him doing so without consulting the Bowlen family first.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Ok youíre right. I think we could use some help in areas other than just QB however.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Very true. Heís also failed to identify O-Linemen, Dlinemen, MLB, TE.
    Truthfully, we have ZERO position groups that are built for success for more than two years. That is terrifying!

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    Truthfully, we have ZERO position groups that are built for success for more than two years. That is terrifying!
    The roster is pretty thin across the board with no depth. Couple that with a questionable coaching carousel and we have a disaster.

I love John, it was a hell of a ride but he needs to step down so we don't have to do it for him

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    Good luck with that.

Some around here will never admit to anything that could tarnish Elway's reputation as a GM, which is silly seeing as it's already pretty damn bad if you're to go by what's been said by fans of other teams for the past few seasons.
    You are right. That is why I have engaged in a community awareness campaign to help Bronco fans see the truth about our current GMís failures.

Quote Originally Posted by VikingBronco View Post
    Need some input: Is there any chance that the current ownership will part ways with Elway, or are we stuck with him because no one else has much of a say?
    Until a new owner has been identified, a trust consisting of Richard Slivka, Mary Kelly and Joe Ellis, have complete control of Denver Broncos. So to answer your question, Ellis has the power to do so but again, it's not that simple given Elway's history with the Broncos and the Bowlen family.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    Until a new owner has been identified, a trust consisting of Richard Slivka, Mary Kelly and Joe Ellis, have complete control of Denver Broncos. So to answer your question, Ellis has the power to do so but again, it's not that simple given Elway's history with the Broncos and the Bowlen family.
    Well, looks like we are in this for the long haul then... Onwards and upwards!
    Mile High

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Vance had two years of drafting top 5 and top 10

Only the super hopeful thought we were going to come out this year and be a winning team

The rebuild has already started just some are just now realizing where we are.
    Extremely poor job of rebuilding when you allow 225 yard rushers in back to back seasons.

When you transition from 0-4 to end a season to starting 0-4.

Thatís not a rebuild - itís a pathetic mess created by John Elway.

It is encouraging to see that more and more fans and supporters of the Denver Broncos, which have been so deeply loyal and dedicated to Mr. John Elway are finally recognizing that he is a detriment to the organization, and has been so for some time now. For me, the blaring moment of truth and realization of this was the hiring of Vance Joseph, a coach that had horribly insufficient experience in coaching, both within the N.F.L. and otherwise. He was hired for the wrong reasons, and largely due to economics, relative to other, more experienced coaches, and certainly head coaches in the league. Greed played a role in this decision, and it continues to do so presently. It is very hard to walk
    away from the amount of money that John Elway is being paid in his position with the Denver Broncos. It is difficult to understand how he can be comfortable with himself and obtain quality sleep at night with the growing criticisms and unrest with each week's continued consecutive losses, soon to become some kind of record. I hate to see his reputation of enormous accomplishments during his lengthy relationship with the Broncos becoming tainted and tarnished due to his stubborn and greedy decision to remain in his current position and continue to perform poorly in it as the losses mount. How much money will be "enough?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ondavi View Post
    It is encouraging to see that more and more fans and supporters of the Denver Broncos, which have been so deeply loyal and dedicated to Mr. John Elway are finally recognizing that he is a detriment to the organization, and has been so for some time now. For me, the blaring moment of truth and realization of this was the hiring of Vance Joseph, a coach that had horribly insufficient experience in coaching, both within the N.F.L. and otherwise. He was hired for the wrong reasons, and largely due to economics, relative to other, more experienced coaches, and certainly head coaches in the league. Greed played a role in this decision, and it continues to do so presently. It is very hard to walk
    away from the amount of money that John Elway is being paid in his position with the Denver Broncos. It is difficult to understand how he can be comfortable with himself and obtain quality sleep at night with the growing criticisms and unrest with each week's continued consecutive losses, soon to become some kind of record. I hate to see his reputation of enormous accomplishments during his lengthy relationship with the Broncos becoming tainted and tarnished due to his stubborn and greedy decision to remain in his current position and continue to perform poorly in it as the losses mount. How much money will be "enough?"
    I agree completely. I also think you've raised a very astute question. How much money is enough? Why don't you start sending me some and I'll let you know when I have an answer? Thanks!

Mr. Humbert, the "first check is in the mail". . . . what was your correct accounts receivable address, again, please? Have a pleasant evening!

Are seatbelts fastened and ready for another unpleasant loss this Subway @ the Stub Hub Stadium, is it still called? Any other predictions, please?