Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    No one can predict injuries. Saying we shouldn't have signed James because he was injured is a poor take.
    Ok but take off the Orange Elway glasses for a minute and put yourself in the shoes of an NFL GM.

Would you reward your own top center who plays hurt yet still very consistent or pay a guy that is known to be injury prone and referred to as lazy by his previous team?

Stop defending Elways decisions and see things for what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    I am in a wait an see on lock again. I expect and hope to see him by the end of the season. This next qb draft is loaded we need to see if lock is a franchise guy or we should really like at this qb class there are 4 for sure first rounder and like 3 or 4 that could end up there. It is pretty loaded. Flacco is a stop gap that is not worth it.

Jewell would be good paired with a speedy backer. Neither him nor nelson attacked the gaps or hole that I would like. I think Todd Davis will improve our run defense he will definitely be an upgrade to playing Corey Nelson either way we need to upgrade that spot Nelson looked bad to me
    Lock's injury clouds thing. I thought Flacco was decent, and some things he can definitely improve on that should come with more live reps. I think Flacco will be decent to pretty good during the season. I don't expect a QB next year, but if stuff hits the fan who knows. Personally, I'm looking at Walker Little OT, DL, or LB.

Jewell will be improved with a better LB next to him, but he's definitely replaceable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    But Fangio needs to pick his own corners, players he himself can identify and mold into NFL players. Not sure if heíll be aloud to do so with Elway and Russell.
    That again is debatable. He does need to the time to develop them. I mean Kyle Fuller was a bust till fangio came to town in chicago. Super bowl contenders are not built over night.

Ok but take off the Orange Elway glasses for a minute and put yourself in the shoes of an NFL GM.

Would you reward your own top center who plays hurt yet still very consistent or pay a guy that is known to be injury prone and referred to as lazy by his previous team?

Stop defending Elways decisions and see things for what they are.
    You're not looking at it rationally at all. He offered Paradis a long term deal. Paradis declined. He got to the market, and due to his injury history settled for a three year deal, with more or less a team option third year.

That "report" of lazy were debunked. He also has his former coach in Chris Kuper here as well. If he was "lazy" you think Kuper wouldn't have said anything? Do you think Munchak, one of the best OL coaches in the game, might have had a say?

To say a signing was bad, because he was injured in his first game is a bad take.

The Broncos lost to a superior team. It had more to do with Oakland's superior offensive line that manhandled our defensive line, and very little to do with James. It had to do with Oakland's superior pass rush and defensive line more than it had to do with James getting hurt. It had more to do with Oakland's superior offensive coaching than it had to do with Elway. Hey, the Broncos lost to the superior team.

It happens.

Elway is doing a good job.

Instead of worrying about how bad Elway is doing, why don't we talk about who we would replace him with? Then we could have a more productive conversation about the future Broncos GM, If things don't work out with Elway.
    Elway is not going to work forever, I would think he would want to retire at some Point?
    I appreciate everything that John Elway has done up to this point in his career with the Broncos.

You're not looking at it rationally at all. He offered Paradis a long term deal. Paradis declined. He got to the market, and due to his injury history settled for a three year deal, with more or less a team option third year.

That "report" of lazy were debunked. He also has his former coach in Chris Kuper here as well. If he was "lazy" you think Kuper wouldn't have said anything? Do you think Munchak, one of the best OL coaches in the game, might have had a say?

To say a signing was bad, because he was injured in his first game is a bad take.
    Iíll take what the Miami organization as a whole believed about James. Both Kuper and Munchak understood that they were desperate for a RT and they needed to plug somebody in while they did not know Wilkenson yet.

As for Paradis, he and his agent both stated they were insulted by Elways offer after James was signed.

Donít sit there and defend james while saying Paradis declined because he wanted ďto test the marketĒ. He declined because Elway low balled him so again, take off the orange glasses and see things for what they are.

Elway grossly rewarded the wrong guy because he believed he was desperate.

I grew up loving Elway too but Iím not going to lie to myself over it. We need to show Eliss that were Still bronco fans first and that weíll support whatever decision he makes since that is the topic of the thread title.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 09-10-2019 at 08:21 AM.

Blow it up. Trade von, rebuild. This teams worse then a smelly band-aid left on too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Elway is doing a good job.

Instead of worrying about how bad Elway is doing, why don't we talk about who we would replace him with? Then we could have a more productive conversation about the future Broncos GM, If things don't work out with Elway.
    Elway is not going to work forever, I would think he would want to retire at some Point?
    I appreciate everything that John Elway has done up to this point in his career with the Broncos.
    I appreciate everything heís done too but the horrible drafts of the past are coming back to haunt him. He did not do a good job there nor has he done such a good job in free agency the last few seasons.

I appreciate everything heís done too but the horrible drafts of the past are coming back to haunt him. He did not do a good job there nor has he done such a good job in free agency the last few seasons.
    Everybody has an opinion on the subject and that's ok.

Iíll take what the Miami organization as a whole believed about James. Both Kuper and Munchak understood that they were desperate for a RT and they needed to plug somebody in while they did not know Wilkenson yet.

As for Paradis, he and his agent both stated they were insulted by Elways offer after James was signed.

Donít sit there and defend james while saying Paradis declined because he wanted ďto test the marketĒ. He declined because Elway low balled him so again, take off the orange glasses and see things for what they are.

Elway grossly rewarded the wrong guy because he believed he was desperate.

I grew up loving Elway too but Iím not going to lie to myself over it. We need to show Eliss that were Still bronco fans first and that weíll support whatever decision he makes since that is the topic of the thread title.
    You're just out of touch here:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.9ne...f-d37e589b3c94

"According to multiple sources, the Broncos and Paradis opened negotiations just before the start of training camp in late-July. The Broncos asked for Paradisí agent to go first. Setting their sights on becoming the leagueís highest-paid center, which at the time was Tampa Bayís Ryan Jensen (who hails from Fort Morgan) at $10.5 million per year, Paradis and his agent opened with an aggressive proposoal that was north of $13 million. The plan was to eventually settle for something around $11 million Ė which would have eclipsed Jensen for No. 1.

The Broncos countered with a $9 million a year offer, which would have placed Paradis in a tie for fifth among NFL centers."

Elway offered exactly What Paradis got on the market.

To say Miami as a whole said that is crazy talk. It was an unnamed source who said they felt that way. One of the guys from that organization was Kuper, an OL coach with them. Sorry but your side doesn't make sense.

I am a Bronco fan, and that's why I can say I support Elway not through Elway tinted glasses, but as what's best for the organization.

The problem with saying we need to give his last two drafts time to develop before we judge is Elway blew our patience on bad choices prior.

Yes a super bowl buys you a grace period. But once manning left, the bad drafts during the manning years coupled with bad drafts after led to 3 awful years once we didnít have a qb capable of masking roster weaknesses.

So while the Super bowl bought patience with me it has since been blown with 3 subpar years since. Now in my mind he is no longer afforded the luxury of waiting to see how these drafts pan out.

I canít wait 2-3 more years of losing seasons waiting on potential. I know it pays to be patient but as a fan Iíve run out of it.

Granted it doesnít matter what I the fan think. It matters what Joe Ellis thinks. Maybe he does have hit the patience to wait it out. But Iím wifi and tired of sub .500 play. Iíve been a fan 36 years and I have higher standards.

And for those saying the picks are more than just Elway. Yes yes they are. Iím on board with cleaning house in the personal decision department if this season is a losing season.

Now I will say I donít want Elway fired today because we lost week 1. Iím saying this year is my final year of patience. If we have a losing season for the third year in a row I want changes.

The raiders usually tend to double team and chip the hell out of Von Miller with the Tackle and TE. This really wasnít the case last night when Derek Carr passing the ball in 2 1/2 seconds.

They did manage to neutralized Von and Bradley Chubb with quick passes mostly because we still historically suck at the ILB position...

Again whoís responsible for continuously ignoring the ILB position?

Blue Print to beat Denverís elite pass rush?
    Itís out there.

Yes Elway brought in Peyton Manning and wade Phillips and yes Peyton Manning and Wade Phillips won a Super Bowl.

Since then Elway has been really bad as an executive and needs to be held responsible for the poor coaching staffs heís brought in and the horrible decisions in personnel that heís made wether it be in the draft or free agency.

Now I hate to say that Vic Fangio is a bad Coach because heís not a bad coach by any means.

However I was at training camp quite a few days this summer and not once did I see any tackling drills or anything going full speed and it showed last night, they werenít prepared and that is a reflection of the rookie head coaches that Elway has brought in, in the last three years.

Why didnít Vance Joseph or currently Vic Fangio have these teams going full speed in practice drills in order to prepare them? Are they really that bad or is it someone else setting stupid ridiculous standards there?
    Is it really their decisions or is it somebody else dictating how things are ran?

Broncos country needs to wake up and be broncos fans again before Elway the executive fans!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 09-11-2019 at 07:45 PM.

Iím not on the fire Elway train, but I wouldnít complain if it happened.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

You're just out of touch here:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.9ne...f-d37e589b3c94

"According to multiple sources, the Broncos and Paradis opened negotiations just before the start of training camp in late-July. The Broncos asked for Paradis’ agent to go first. Setting their sights on becoming the league’s highest-paid center, which at the time was Tampa Bay’s Ryan Jensen (who hails from Fort Morgan) at $10.5 million per year, Paradis and his agent opened with an aggressive proposoal that was north of $13 million. The plan was to eventually settle for something around $11 million – which would have eclipsed Jensen for No. 1.

The Broncos countered with a $9 million a year offer, which would have placed Paradis in a tie for fifth among NFL centers."

Elway offered exactly What Paradis got on the market.

To say Miami as a whole said that is crazy talk. It was an unnamed source who said they felt that way. One of the guys from that organization was Kuper, an OL coach with them. Sorry but your side doesn't make sense.

I am a Bronco fan, and that's why I can say I support Elway not through Elway tinted glasses, but as what's best for the organization.
    Exactly right. This is a GPOD (gtown Post of the Day). Not to mention that paradis had surgery on BOTH hips. In a couple of years I predict paradis will be out of the NFL because of injuries and subsequent surgeries.