Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Absolutely not. Elway needs not be apart of any power or decision making role.
    Read my post again

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Read my post again
    Ellis is in a power position. Itís not a ceremonial position.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

I said for Elway just to sit there and smile.

Mile High Report polled the question: Do you still have confidence in John Elway?

https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/...-in-john-elway

The poll is at the end of the article. With 1466 votes cast, 74% no longer have confidence in Elway.

Mark Schlereth publicly called for Elway to be fired this week. I'm sure Elway heard about that...

[https://www.denverpost.com/2019/10/3...hn-elway-rant/

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStampede View Post
    Mark Schlereth publicly called for Elway to be fired this week. I'm sure Elway heard about that...

[https://www.denverpost.com/2019/10/3...hn-elway-rant/
    When did he call for Elway to be fired? The linked article doesnít say that and he never said it in his rant that has been posted before.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    When did he call for Elway to be fired? The linked article doesnít say that and he never said it in his rant that has been posted before.
    When he said he doesnt trust Elway to fix the Broncos. To me that's the same as saying he should be fired.

When he said he doesnt trust Elway to fix the Broncos. To me that's the same as saying he should be fired.
    I donít think he called for him to be fired, but it was the most powerful statement on a national stage from a former Bronco. That is highly effective in sending a signal to Broncos Country that it is all right to oppose Elway.

Now we need other former Broncos to speak out (Sharpe, TD, and Tom Jackson).

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    I don’t think he called for him to be fired, but it was the most powerful statement on a national stage from a former Bronco. That is highly effective in sending a signal to Broncos Country that it is all right to oppose Elway.

Now we need other former Broncos to speak out (Sharpe, TD, and Tom Jackson).
    Completely agree. We all know how much Elway has done for our team. We all know that his heart is in the right place. We know that he would never do anything unintentionally to hurt our team.

But, he can't take us into the future anymore. It's just not his skill. He needs to hang it up and realize that he's hurting our team more than he's helping our team.

I can't stand when ego or pride get in the way of things. Please Elway, it's time to go.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Completely agree. We all know how much Elway has done for our team. We all know that his heart is in the right place. We know that he would never do anything unintentionally to hurt our team.

But, he can't take us into the future anymore. It's just not his skill. He needs to hang it up and realize that he's hurting our team more than he's helping our team.

I can't stand when ego or pride get in the way of things. Please Elway, it's time to go.
    Agreed he gotta go.

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Agreed he gotta go.
    Do you think heíll be able to? Iím not sure. I hear the pressure for him to ďstand downĒ from the fans and from the sports analysts.Ē

But what will it take for him to stand down as GM of our team?

Iím not ready for Elway to be fired or to demand that he step down.

I do think he needs to smell himself though and realize it ainít all potpourri and cinnamon rolls.

He needs to hire a GM that runs the scouting department and the draft.

Don't trust Elway to fix the Broncos
    vs
    Fire John Elway

Slightly different things. I'm sure many would welcome any ex bronco saying fire Elway at this point, I have not heard any do so.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

I donít see Elway stepping down when the team is in a bad spot. He didnít do that as a player and he refused to do that when Bowlen asked him to help save the teams reputation after McDaniels.

I for one am fine with trading our current situation for SB50. Elway most likely has until his contract is up to get this team going in the right direction. The Broncos are going to be my team win or lose so Iíll just wait and see.

I do think Elway can get us back to a playoff team in the next couple of years.

John Elway and the team he has created: yesterday's win was a pleasant and awesome surprise! Thank you! Now, can we please just squeeze/eek out three more victories so the Bronchos can become bowl eligible? Your consideration of this is appreciated.