Page 55 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    Of course Gase laughed. The HC gig should have been his opportunity but he was never given the chance. Then when Elway and co. came by and said hey we like your mediocre DC and want him as our HC...."LOL....have him he was gonna be fired anyways"
    That’s great......

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Not if Jeff Bezos buys the team when Goodell forces a the sale which I’ve heard he’s leaning towards doing.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...nt-owners/amp/

Actually I could see a scenario where Bezos or any new owner would keep Elway around giving him a chance to fix things without having Joe Ellis limiting his choices however a new owner would opt to hold him accountable a lot sooner than Ellis would.
    I could see a situation where Goodell forces a sale. If you think about it from a business perspective...

The NFL is a business and as business men, they would want people who can further the league and be influential. Bowlen was instrumental in this with television.

Would they rather have Beth/Brittany or Bezos as an owner of one of the flagship organizations in the league?

Beth and/or Brittany may be awesome owners for Denver. Bezos may be awesome for Denver and the NFL as a whole.

I don't think it is an accident Bezo's name was being floated out there. This is giving Goodell options.

I don’t think the league can force a sale. Maybe they could coerce the trust to name the heir who is to take control.

I would guess Bezos is far more likely to buy the SeaChicks than the Broncos.

While I don’t advocate for Elway to be fired, I would expect a new owner, not related to Pat Bowlen, to reset the organization from top to bottom.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Just think of all the Cool Broncos stuff we could get on Amazon!!!!

Didn't the league kinda force the sale of the CaroPanthers a while back? Perhaps I'm wrong, again. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Ondavi View Post
    Didn't the league kinda force the sale of the CaroPanthers a while back? Perhaps I'm wrong, again. . .
    They’d have to get a majority vote from other team owners which I don’t see them having any problem doing if they decided too.

“But the core is there!” say many fans.

Shaking my head...

There has to be a way to stop this insanity. I would say we need to stop going to the games and showing up for support until we see real action to replace this FO or we get an owner.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    There has to be a way to stop this insanity. I would say we need to stop going to the games and showing up for support until we see real action to replace this FO or we get an owner.
    Don’t buy Broncos merchandise.

But more importantly, Broncos Country needs to reassure Joe Ellis that we will support his move to fire Elway. Ellis needs to see public support to make that move.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    This is the first time in years I haven’t gone out to watch the game with my friends. Watched a movie in the first half with our dogs on the sofa. We enjoyed the popcorn and the movie. I think I’ll do the same thing next week unless Lock starts.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    Don’t buy Broncos merchandise.

But more importantly, Broncos Country needs to reassure Joe Ellis that we will support his move to fire Elway. Ellis needs to see public support to make that move.
    Ellis needs to go right along with Elway. I'm picturing Steve Martin and John Candy carrying a big trunk out of the stadium lol.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Ellis needs to go right along with Elway. I'm picturing Steve Martin and John Candy carrying a big trunk out of the stadium lol.
    I have no attachment to Ellis. But he can’t be blamed for the current problems. His only fireable offense is NOT firing Elway.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    I have no attachment to Ellis. But he can’t be blamed for the current problems. His only fireable offense is NOT firing Elway.
    Elway was only able to trade Tim Tebow because he was replacing him with Peyton Manning.

Imagine if it was anybody else the public outcry would’ve been hysterical. Joe Ellis in a similar situation however who does he replace John Elway with?

Most sensible and sane fans can see that Elway should be dismissed but there are still more loyalist who don’t have a clue standing behind Elway.

Someone should make a thread “bump til John Elway is fired”...!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Elway was only able to trade Tim Tebow because he was replacing him with Peyton Manning.

Imagine if it was anybody else the public outcry would’ve been hysterical. Joe Ellis in a similar situation however who does he replace John Elway with?

Most sensible and sane fans can see that Elway should be dismissed but there are still more loyalist who don’t have a clue standing behind Elway.

Someone should make a thread “bump til John Elway is fired”...!
    The whole “who do you replace Elway with” is the most ridiculous argument. The league is full of strong career personnel evaluators. Most GMs are not household names. The team would find the right fit. Even an average drafter would be a big improvement over Elway.

If McDaniels [11-17 record] ran the Broncos into the ground, what exactly is this?

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607