• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OrangeCrush_304
    Bench Warmer
    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Saddletramp View Post
    We have need "another good draft" for 3 years....whens it gonna happen???
    It’s because of bad drafts the first few years that we’re in the hole now. “What have you done for me lately” is actually pretty good. The last two drafts have been solid and now just have to have another one hopefully it happens. The draft philosophy seems to have changed the past couple years from the previous busts of drafts.
    Follow me on Twitter
    @gmoney8150 Personal account

My Broncos account @All_DenBroncos

^^^Follow^^^

Comment

• beastlyskronk
      Football Immortal
      • Jun 2007

I’m just baffled as to why we won’t go to a press coverage scheme whether an aggressive Cover 1, Cover 3, or even Tampa 2. Our pass rushers get negated when CBs line up way off the LoS and just allow short quick passes all game. Disrupt the timing between the QB and WR for even half a second and the pass rush can get there and get a sack or force a turnover. That’s the difference in the game right there.

Comment

• Capt. Jack
        Football Immortal
        • Oct 2010

It takes a little time to create and get back to having a winning attitude and environment.

Comment

• jflee66
          Bench Warmer
          • Dec 2017

I hate to lose to the raiders like the rest of you. But, 1 game just doesn't mean much to me. The Broncos got off to a slow start but looked better after the half. If Hamilton catches the td pass, we could have won this game. Raiders came out pumped and the fans were jacked. It's the first game with new QB, new coaches, new scheme off. and def. and the black hole. The raiders are improved this year. As for JE, it's just rad to blame him. I just don't see anyone else who could be a better GM for the Broncos. It's easy to arm chair GM positions and use hindsight. If you think it's easy to become perennial winners, go apply for the GM job.

Comment

• BroncosFanInPA
            Football Immortal
            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
            I’m just baffled as to why we won’t go to a press coverage scheme whether an aggressive Cover 1, Cover 3, or even Tampa 2. Our pass rushers get negated when CBs line up way off the LoS and just allow short quick passes all game. Disrupt the timing between the QB and WR for even half a second and the pass rush can get there and get a sack or force a turnover. That’s the difference in the game right there.
            my thoughts exactly & maybe even have somebody jump one those quick passes & pick one off, perhaps things would change then.
            sigpic

Comment

• L.M.
              Vitalstatistix
              • Oct 2006

After every loss -even during winning seasons- this board has a meltdown and the torches and pitchforks come out with a lot of irrational blaming and unrealistic expectations. One member said we need to "beg VJ for forgiveness" and another claimed that Flacco made the team "tank" around him, and, after just ONE loss, the Fire Elway Lynch Mob has already emerged from the shadows -they were just waiting for this!

With all the changes, I only expected moderate improvement, an 8-8 season seems realistic, and we are a still a LONG way from that final verdict. That means 8 losses, and last night was one. I know many others predicted same or close --7-9/9-7. Even for the folks who expected a better record than that, this is still only one loss.

I really think we need to be a little more patient and allow the growth process some time.

So no, "it really isn't time to move on" at Week 1.
              Last edited by L.M.; 09-10-2019, 10:12 AM.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• DenverBlood
                Football Immortal
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by L.M. View Post
                After every loss -even during winning seasons- this board has a meltdown and the torches and pitchforks come out with a lot of irrational blaming and unrealistic expectations. One member said we need to "beg VJ for forgiveness" and another claimed that Flacco made the team "tank" around him, and, after just ONE loss, the Fire Elway Lynch Mob has already emerged from the shadows -they were just waiting for this!

With all the changes, I only expected moderate improvement, an 8-8 season seems realistic, and we are a still a LONG way from that final verdict. That means 8 losses, and last night was one. I know many others predicted same or close --7-9/9-7. Even for the folks who expected a better record than that, this is still only one loss.

I really think we need to be a little more patient and allow the growth process some time.
                On measuring how the season will go you are correct.

On measuring Elway it is not over reaction to one game. It’s assessment 4 years in the making. I’m not on the daily fire Elway train. But I don’t think those who were are over reacting to one game. They are reacting to that one game visually looking largely the same as the past 32 under VJ.
                sigpic

Comment

• Capt. Jack
                  Football Immortal
                  • Oct 2010

Even with playing bad we were a couple of big plays away from winning the game last night

Comment

• Rastic
                    Modulated
                    • Oct 2013

Yes, it is time to move on... to week 2. :thumb:

Comment

• L.M.
                      Vitalstatistix
                      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                      On measuring how the season will go you are correct.

On measuring Elway it is not over reaction to one game. It’s assessment 4 years in the making. I’m not on the daily fire Elway train. But I don’t think those who were are over reacting to one game. They are reacting to that one game visually looking largely the same as the past 32 under VJ.
                      I do not agree with this. You cannot assess this game as part of the last few years because Elway has hit the reset button again with new coaches. VJ is gone, this is VF's show now, Flacco and Lock are the new present and future at QB, and we need to wait and see how all of that shakes out. And it may take more than one season with these rookie coaches.

If we're not in the playoffs at the end of the 2020 season, then I will agree that "it's time to move on" from John Elway.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• JvDub95
                        Football Immortal
                        • Jan 2005

The Broncos will have a 7 and 9 or maybe best case scenario 8 and 8 season. I'm pretty sure we all thought that to begin with and one game to open the season does not change that in my opinion

​​​​

Comment

• DenverBlood
                          Football Immortal
                          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by L.M. View Post
                          I do not agree with this. You cannot assess this game as part of the last few years because Elway has hit the reset button again with new coaches. VJ is gone, this is VF's show now, Flacco and Lock are the new present and future at QB, and we need to wait and see how all of that shakes out. And it may take more than one season with these rookie coaches.

If we're not in the playoffs at the end of the 2020 season, then I will agree that "it's time to move on" from John Elway.
                          We will have to agree to disagree then.

We already watched the Kubiak failed season post Manning (albeit a winning season) followed by two failed seasons post VJ.

I personally no longer have the patience to wait beyond this season hoping to bear the fruits of the current labor. It’s good that you want to give it multiple seasons to see how the new staff shakes out. It’s fair to say I should have the patience for VF. And i do as far as he is concerned.

It may contradict a little but i just don’t have the patience to allow Elway to bear it out if we don’t start seeing some progress this year.
                          sigpic

Comment

• JW7
                            Captain
                            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
                            I’ve said we need to move on from Elway for years on here but everyone thought I was a troll....

Well look what your Elway support has gotten us fellas
                            1 Super Bowl win, 2 appearances and a handful of division titles.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Rastic
                              Modulated
                              • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                              Even with playing bad we were a couple of big plays away from winning the game last night
                              That is one way to look at it however I believe there are more assurances when you don't have to count on the big play or two a game to get you back in to a game. It's better to come in to the game prepared and ready. Coaching is raw and a week 1 game does not give much to scout to prepare an opponent so there is some grace to extend, but boy did we look awful. I can still taste it, bleh...

Comment

• dizzolve
                                Orange Rush
                                • Mar 2009

I expect Fangio gets 3 years ....... if things don't show improvement by the third year maybe he doesn't get that entire season but -- the last thing the Broncos need right now are more turnover upstairs. If he does well, then 3+

I think Elway got a good coach although I like to see a bit more fire out of a coach. But personalities aren't what makes or breaks coaches. They come in all sizes.

Since Vic is John's baby, Elway has at least 3 more years.

I can't even imagine how hard it would be for Ellis to approach John and say it's time to move on. Would it solely be Ellis' decision? Seems so. Unless ownership limbo finds a resolution. Maybe it's this ownership resolution that brings about the change OP proposes. Then again - if we're seeing a team contending by then, it could be the wrong move to change at that time.

Sucks for fans of a team to admit but .......don't get your expectations too high this year. It is year 1 for new HC, OC, DC, QB and more. Vic might need some time to get the talent he needs to run the schemes he runs. Not to mention figure out how to be a HC. VJ was obviously a bad choice and understand firing after 1-2 seasons. But if you bring a guy like Vic Fangio, you're invested. Give him the time to do what he does.

I think Elway has at least 5 more seasons ..........or at minimum 3 more

edit: welcome to Broncos Country OP
                                Last edited by dizzolve; 09-10-2019, 10:59 AM.
                                The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Working...
                                X