Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: It ok 👌

It ok 👌

Well I hate losing, and losing to a guy with mascara is the pits, but
    Iím gonna believe we will get better and put the struggles on rookie coaching, and a big mistake by not playing the starting team in the typical third preseason game, the staring offense played 20 snaps in the entire five game preseason, the defense about the same, on a team with a new offensive scheme, new defense, new Qb

Iím not worried

I owe SB

The Broncos moved the ball down the field, however we kicked field goals while they scored touchdowns.

10 yards per pass attempt from the Oakland offense, (basically their TEs over Isaac Yiadom) is going to get you beaten every time.

The individual performances on offense out numbered the individual performances on defense for once. Sux for the D but there is hope for the offense.

Donatell needs to be in the press box and not on the field.

Broncos arenít a bad team by any means but they were once again unprepared!

Congrats on the win DS

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    The Broncos moved the ball down the field, however we kicked field goals while they scored touchdowns.

10 yards per pass attempt from the Oakland offense, (basically their TEs over Isaac Yiadom) is going to get you beaten every time.

The individual performances on offense out numbered the individual performances on defense for once. Sux for the D but there is hope for the offense.

Donatell needs to be in the press box and not on the field.

Broncos aren’t a bad team by any means but they were once again unprepared!

Congrats on the win DS

I don’t really think it was unprepared but a late late game, with a team playing inspired for a few reasons, against a qb that gets the ball out quick which negates the pass rush, and being rookies as a head coach, who is calling the defense from the field instead of the box and a first time offensive playcaller for a team that to avoid injury didn’t play much in preseason

I believe it will get better

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    I donít really think it was unprepared but a late late game, with a team playing inspired for a few reasons, against a qb that gets the ball out quick which negates the pass rush, and being rookies as a head coach, who is calling the defense from the field instead of the box and a first time offensive playcaller for a team that to avoid injury didnít play much in preseason

I believe it will get better
    Derek Carr was taking one step and pass, two steps and pass, the broncos didnít seem to know what to do with that. It basically took Von and Chubb out of the game.
    Adam Gotsis looked to be the only D-linemen playing tonight at times.

To me Vic Fangio looked to be just as confused as his team did tonight and if I was stepping out of a time machine from last season to this season, I wouldíve believed that VJ was still coaching this team.

Im hopeful that things will get better but who knows how long.

Weíll learn a lot more about our team when we play a very bitter bears team this coming Sunday!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 09-09-2019 at 11:05 PM.

nice loss broncos fans, your team looks about how i expected them to look, i just thought the broncos would have made it a little closer but their defense lacked a pass rush and the chargers former 3rd string WR lit them up through the air

next you have the bears who are "pissed off" as sam put it, welcome to 0-2 and the beginning of yet another losing season.
    Last edited by baphamet; 09-09-2019 at 11:24 PM.

Wow, a thread in smack after a loss that is so much more thoughtful (so far) than the other forums. Is that a first?

Next week will be really telling.

Edit: darn you Baph, you cut in line and ruined everything. Lol.

Derek Carr was taking one step and pass, two steps and pass, the broncos didnít seem to know what to do with that. It basically took Von and Chubb out of the game.
    Adam Gotsis looked to be the only D-linemen playing tonight at times.
    i seen multiple times where he had all day to pass. obviously it's smart to get rid of the ball quickly against a good pass rush but there were definitely plays where they had time to get there and couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Wow, a thread in smack after a loss that is so much more thoughtful (so far) than the other forums. Is that a first?

Next week will be really telling.

Edit: darn you Baph, you cut in line and ruined everything. Lol.
    lol sorry man, just had to throw a little salt your way before bed.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    i seen multiple times where he had all day to pass. obviously it's smart to get rid of the ball quickly against a good pass rush but there were definitely plays where they had time to get there and couldn't.
    The raiders have a very good online

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    lol sorry man, just had to throw a little salt your way before bed.

Salt doesn’t make it hurt worse... it already stings

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    The raiders have a very good online
    very true, so does indy.

I'm glad there is something on tape for the Chiefs to look at. The Raiders don't look like they are a pushover. I wasn't sure who would be bottom feeder in this division but I think I know now.

I think we will be OK. That certainly wasn't what I was expecting Oakland to do, but as soon as the game got going it was clear they were going to negate Miller and Chubb with quick passes. The offense definitely needs to gel as a unit. It looked liked Leary hasn't suited up for a while. Yiadom was abused all night. If he has to play a lot we can expect more of that, but in all fairness a huge part of our off season additions was not there and the Raiders exploited that.

Flacco made some good throws and Sutton looks like he's taking a step forward in development. Our defense (once fully healthy) won't have such a huge hole in it like Yiadom was. The Raiders knew he wasn't ready and they went after him time and time again. Tough loss but we can recover

Quote Originally Posted by obi-groo View Post
    I'm glad there is something on tape for the Chiefs to look at. The Raiders don't look like they are a pushover. I wasn't sure who would be bottom feeder in this division but I think I know now.
    Poorly coached, Poor execution, yes right now they are a bad team but still a ton of starting talent. (Aside from tight end).

Itís hard to say this but once again itís looking like wasted starting talent. However there is a talent drain beyond our starters.

Perhaps Fangio needs to promote Ed Donatell to assistant head coach, leave him on the sideline as that head coach presence and Fangio go back to the sky box to coach from where he feels most comfortable.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 09-10-2019 at 06:53 AM.

Poorly coached, Poor execution, yes right now they are a bad team but still a ton of starting talent. (Aside from tight end).

It’s hard to say this but once again it’s looking like wasted starting talent. However there is a talent drain beyond our starters.

Perhaps Fangio needs to promote Ed Donatell to assistant head coach, leave him on the sideline as that head coach presence and Fangio go back to the sky box to coach from where he feels most comfortable.

again...playing together in a live game is crucial, the offense played 20 snaps in preseason when most teams play at least the 1st qrt in the second game and 3 qrts in the third, the defense played less together

we have a new qb, a new RT, a RG coming off IR, a new Center, rookie LG and new Offensive coordinator installing a new offense...practice against the second team defense doesn't cut it...neither does 20 live snaps as a unit
    I believe Fangio took two much precaution avoiding injury by not letting the 1st team defense and offense play and it hurt the team