Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Shocked and disgusted - It's simply unacceptable Broncos

Okay, I have been a Broncos fan my whole life as many you have as well. From first memory of football which was around 5 years of age, it was eat, sleep and drink Broncos football, which is now about 41 years of support.

In that time I have never been as shocked and disappointed as I was last night. I mean it was simply unwatchable. At no time did the team have any juice or show any modicum of passion that would switch the outcome.

The defense was simply god awful. The offense was putrid. Special teams a freaking disaster.

Out played, out coached, out executed, out everything in every single phase of the game. Does this team actually have a pulse????? I know I do and to be honest, I wanted to destroy stuff last night it was so frustrating to watch.

The absolutely ineptitude to change the lack of a freaking heartbeat in that building is unacceptable. Never in my time have I been this disappointed in the team or believe this little that it will ever change.
    Wanting to win does not make you a winner. Refusing to fail does.

I can understand the sentiment.

It was a horrible game and horrible effort for most of the game.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

It completely sucked! I was so bummed. I live in Houston and saw how hard the Texans fought against the Saints.
    Then came the Bronco game... I went to bed at the end of the third. Sucked.
    Former Colorado resident, stuck in Texas. Broncos fan since 1987

The team played hard for the most part, our vaunted pass rushers should be ashamed to cash their paychecks this week though...

Why do we hate the end zone?
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    The team played hard for the most part, our vaunted pass rushers should be ashamed to cash their paychecks this week though...

Why do we hate the end zone?
    Because of the stupid west coast offense scheme we run. We may have the worst possible personnel for it.

Horrible game. You would think a team playing their 1st game for a new head coach against a rival division opponent would come out with some energy and fire. Nope. Not this team. Yiadom is a complete joke. The TE had his way again against our "d". Offense was non existent. Embarrassing. If that's the effort we have, it's gonna be a long year. Given our schedule, could be another 5-11, 6-10 year. Oh, and we allowed Derek Carr, DEREK CARR to go 22-26. Awesome

I think people's expectations were too high. Honestly, aside from our front defense doing nothing all game and getting no push, nothing surprised me about last night. Poor red zone offense, awful defensive backfield, penalty after penalty after penalty, Fant looking like he's never been on a football field before. I was expecting all of this.

Flacco honestly played pretty good despite running for life all night, but Miller and Chubb being absent all night is just unacceptable.

Chargers and KC going to molly whop us bad this season, and oh look what a shocker, after 1 week we are already at the bottom of the division.

New coaches, new QB, new scheme on def. and off. and 1st game in the black hole. Broncos have a lot of young players as well and it showed last night. They need a few games to get in synch.

Quote Originally Posted by jflee66 View Post
    New coaches, new QB, new scheme on def. and off. and 1st game in the black hole. Broncos have a lot of young players as well and it showed last night. They need a few games to get in synch.
    Iím all for this being true, but we were told, ďno more death by inchesĒ.

What the hell was that?

Whereís the proof that what they have is better than what they had?
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MileHigh Salute View Post
    Okay, I have been a Broncos fan my whole life as many you have as well. From first memory of football which was around 5 years of age, it was eat, sleep and drink Broncos football, which is now about 41 years of support.

In that time I have never been as shocked and disappointed as I was last night. I mean it was simply unwatchable. At no time did the team have any juice or show any modicum of passion that would switch the outcome.

The defense was simply god awful. The offense was putrid. Special teams a freaking disaster.

Out played, out coached, out executed, out everything in every single phase of the game. Does this team actually have a pulse????? I know I do and to be honest, I wanted to destroy stuff last night it was so frustrating to watch.

The absolutely ineptitude to change the lack of a freaking heartbeat in that building is unacceptable. Never in my time have I been this disappointed in the team or believe this little that it will ever change.
    Agreed. Been a fan since 83... It's past time. As Bates said, they got 16 games to get it done.
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 09-10-2019 at 10:57 AM.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Quote Originally Posted by jflee66 View Post
    This is football, where teams don't have the luxury of taking a few games to get in sync. They have 16 games to get the job done, and when you lose to teams you should have beat, it puts you in a bad situation. Losing a conference game is bad enough but losing a division game is just the worst.

From an execution standpoint, I can't remember seeing the Broncos put in a worse performance. The fact that the Raiders spent the entire week in complete turmoil and were still able to get the win speaks volumes to how badly this Broncos team played.

Quote Originally Posted by MileHigh Salute View Post

In that time I have never been as shocked and disappointed as I was last night.
    I mean it was simply unwatchable. At no time did the team have any juice or show any modicum of passion that would switch the outcome.

You've never been more "shocked and disappointed?" How dramatic! You must have missed A LOT of games in the last 41 years because last night's was a far cry from being the worst performance by the Broncos in this span of time.

We weren't even blown out and we were still in it to the very end. Good thing you're not a Dolphins or Steelers fan or you probably would have taken an ambulance ride!
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

I just cant get excited about this team ! I thought Flacco would be the answer , i guess not ! Look what his replacement did in Baltimore. Im sure JE feeling heat ! Hes gota win or go, hate to say it !!

Just remember 15 teams lost in week 1 and two teams kissed each other and tied.

We arenít the only team that has things to work on. And not every team that lost week 1 will miss the playoffs.

Not calling for playoffs by any means but the season doesnít end from a poor week 1 performance.

I recall a time the Pats lost 42-14 to the Chiefs on prime time and everyone assumed it was time for Brady to retire the Pats looked so bad. They won the Super bowl that year and two more since.

Sometimes September performances are a mirage of what a team can actually look like. Iím not necessarily optimistic we can be one of those tun around teams. But itís not automatically over.