• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DwhitetheGamer
    Starter
    • Oct 2014

I rode high on Vic Fangio.

I'm still riding on him, just not as high.

Remember guys, Vic Fangio is not Vance Joseph. I'd rather have a loss now than when we get charred and disintegrated.

Comment

• cthroatgtr
      Bench Warmer
      • Sep 2009

Disgusted? A bit harsh. We need to accept this team isn't that good. What do you really have? A retread QB, your deep threat is coming off an achilles injury, a rookie TE on offense. Defense is still living off of Von's SB MVP year he hasn't been the same player the past two years. Chubb on the other side is a nice addition but there is a gaping hole in the middle. LB is exceptionally weak on this team. The best corner is getting up there in years and that's about it. Honestly the team is average at best. Too many years of poor drafting and thinking they are a contender. They aren't. I honestly would have traded Von at this point. Flacco is what he is a stop gap. Welcome to mediocrity.

Comment

• johnlimburg
        Ring of Famer
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by cthroatgtr View Post
        Disgusted? A bit harsh. We need to accept this team isn't that good.
        While I agree to a certain extent, this fan base can't accept that when the General Manager can't either. John Elway has been stuck in this place where the roster has clearly needed an over haul for several years now, but he keeps making moves with the mentality that we are a move or two away from competing for super bowls, but we are not.

I still believe Flacco gives us an opportunity to be at least competitive for a playoff spot this year, but if we are not, I want Elway fired. Elway had an opportunity in back to back years with high draft picks to start a rebuild here, to get rid of some bad contracts he handed out, and to save some money while playing a young roster, but he didn't.

Elway handed out horrible contracts to the likes of Jackson and James, brought in Flacco, and allowed washed up players like Wolfe and Leary to hang around. I would accept a losing season, even 2, if it meant developing young guys and trying to find the next quarterback. But that isn't Elways approach, and another losing season on his resume will deserve harsh criticism in my opinion.

Comment

• jmag
          Special Teams
          • Oct 2003

The losing Broncs teams of the last two years started off with wins, going 2-0, so since when does the opener determine the season? The schedule doesn't help, but I think this is going to be better than a 5-11 or 6-10 team.

Comment

• Rixter757
            Bench Warmer
            • Jul 2011

Originally posted by $Broncos$ View Post
            all i know is a girl im dating is a Bears fan. Ill never hear the end of it if we lose on Sunday.
            Then I'd say you're screwed, and not in a good way

The Bears may have only scored 3 points in their opener, but they looked MUCH more impressive than we did in ours. I reckon based on that putrid performance we're going to get beat convincingly come Sunday

Comment

• EddieMac
              Canuck Mod, eh!
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Rixter757 View Post
              Then I'd say you're screwed, and not in a good way

The Bears may have only scored 3 points in their opener, but they looked MUCH more impressive than we did in ours. I reckon based on that putrid performance we're going to get beat convincingly come Sunday
              Convincingly. That’s the polite word for what’s gonna happen.... lol...
              sigpic

Comment

• samparnell
                Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                • Nov 2007

No one is more acutely aware of the unacceptable nature of Monday Night's performance than the Denver Broncos' coaches and players.

When a new coaching staff takes over a losing football program, things don't always go well when the first games are played. Coaches and players learn more about themselves and each other when things don't go well. That is because it is necessary to identify problems before they can be fixed. That only happens when facing an opponent in a regular season game.

Coach Fangio has stated that improvement must be made in coaching as well as playing. That focuses everyone involved on the task at hand without being counterproductive by assigning blame. Early games may not be as indicative as later ones due to the accumulation of scouting information. We have yet to see if the size of the current injury list is going to remain constant for the whole season, or if that area will improve.

That is all.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Rich_C
                  Captain
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                  Sometimes I swear You and I are the only 1's with commonsense. I am sick of getting rid of a player after 1 Year only for them to go on and become a Pro Bowler for another Team. Bolles did Great vs the Raiders I remember a particular play where the Pass Protection held up for like what seemed to be forever when it was 3rd and 2 and with all that Time Joe Flaco does not step up for the 1st down does not find his check down instead he takes a 8 yard sack. Now that is all on the QB.
                  100% agree.

Above is a picture which I saw nearly all evening. This was an obvious passing down early in the game. Carr has nearly 4 or 5 yards of open field in front of him. ZERO pressure. What kills me is that as a fan I have been saying this ALL off season. We need to address the interior pressure on opposing QBs. Instead of targeting a compliment to Wolfe in a past draft we effectively drafted a younger clone of Wolfe. Now that is not always a bad thing...it isn't. We should have moved on from Wolfe and applied our cap savings to a more effective rusher at the DE position. Oh and if you're wondering where Von was on that play---he was dropped back into deeeep coverage.

Again I look at another example of our DEFENSIVE and not OFFENSIVE issues vs the Raiders. When you look at Waller he was positioned 3-4 yards out form the LOS (fine) but the issue is that he wasn't challenged at THE LOS. No chip, No coverage off the line. Then on top of that no one stepped up to cover him leaving 4- yards of open space. So even if we nail a solid tackle the gain is 5-7 yards. On this play he ended up with 11 yards as he dragged the lone defender over the 1st down marker.

I do believe that this image above summarized a lot of our offensive issues. When you compare the pocket which Carr was given and compare it to the pocket which we gave Joe all game they were VERY different.

Last but not least I do think that this cap solidifies what many are saying in the thread. As it stands right now we got a new RT and our old LT is still struggling. I think what many are flustered about is that single positions and players are NOT being addressed with the same caliber of player they once were. IMO - Stink in a recent video I saw said it best. From 2012 to 2017 (5 Years) you'd typically expect to get 8 players in the draft. Those teams who daft well or at least well for them would have a good percentage of those players starting and another percentage of those players making pro bowls. We have had ZERO make the bowls during that window AND only landed something like 8 or 10 starters from the pool of about 40 players. When you look at the image above our LT has help with a TE but what is worse is that our RT who could of had help never got a chip from our RB. That is either just bad play by Freeman OR it is bad scheming and coaching by Rick.

Comment

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
                    Football Immortal
                    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                    100% agree.

Above is a picture which I saw nearly all evening. This was an obvious passing down early in the game. Carr has nearly 4 or 5 yards of open field in front of him. ZERO pressure. What kills me is that as a fan I have been saying this ALL off season. We need to address the interior pressure on opposing QBs. Instead of targeting a compliment to Wolfe in a past draft we effectively drafted a younger clone of Wolfe. Now that is not always a bad thing...it isn't. We should have moved on from Wolfe and applied our cap savings to a more effective rusher at the DE position. Oh and if you're wondering where Von was on that play---he was dropped back into deeeep coverage.

Again I look at another example of our DEFENSIVE and not OFFENSIVE issues vs the Raiders. When you look at Waller he was positioned 3-4 yards out form the LOS (fine) but the issue is that he wasn't challenged at THE LOS. No chip, No coverage off the line. Then on top of that no one stepped up to cover him leaving 4- yards of open space. So even if we nail a solid tackle the gain is 5-7 yards. On this play he ended up with 11 yards as he dragged the lone defender over the 1st down marker.

I do believe that this image above summarized a lot of our offensive issues. When you compare the pocket which Carr was given and compare it to the pocket which we gave Joe all game they were VERY different.

Last but not least I do think that this cap solidifies what many are saying in the thread. As it stands right now we got a new RT and our old LT is still struggling. I think what many are flustered about is that single positions and players are NOT being addressed with the same caliber of player they once were. IMO - Stink in a recent video I saw said it best. From 2012 to 2017 (5 Years) you'd typically expect to get 8 players in the draft. Those teams who daft well or at least well for them would have a good percentage of those players starting and another percentage of those players making pro bowls. We have had ZERO make the bowls during that window AND only landed something like 8 or 10 starters from the pool of about 40 players. When you look at the image above our LT has help with a TE but what is worse is that our RT who could of had help never got a chip from our RB. That is either just bad play by Freeman OR it is bad scheming and coaching by Rick.

A great Total Breakdown Thank You !

Comment

• darryn16
                      Captain
                      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                      Wow!!! VJ anyone???????

Comment

• FlaccoTruther
                        Practice Squad
                        • Sep 2019

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                        100% agree.

It's a catch 22 because Carr was just reading coverage and firing it. Next Gen does a great job tracking this stuff. It has Carr time to throw as 2.33 4th quickest in the NFL last week.

You aren't going to generate much of a pass rush when the quarterback is getting the ball out that quickly. As far as the Broncos go sort of the reverse was true everyone knew the Oline was a problem and instead of getting the ball out quickly it got held on for way too long particularly in the first half there was one play in particular that Flacco held onto the ball too long where the underneath stuff was there and by the time he went back to it the coverage had been adjusted. The announcers even made note of it.

That can't happen next week. You hold onto the ball against the Bears with this Oline forget about it. The ball needs to come out much quicker. The general consensus is unless you are able to buy time in the pocket you need to get the ball out by 2.7s. Flacco averaged 2.66.

If you want to see how that sort of impact on sack rate and pressure roughly half a second makes football outsiders did a great study on it.

The sack rate is more then doubles.

Comment

• Lumiere
                          All-Time Great
                          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
                          Wow!!! VJ anyone???????
                          That's "coach-speak," he's not going to publicly trash the coordinators. We'll see what changes are made when we face the Bears.

Behind the scenes, I'm hoping many were chewed out...including Fangio. To lose like that should never be acceptable, and accountability should always remain.
                          To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

• Peanut
                            ModNut
                            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                            No one is more acutely aware of the unacceptable nature of Monday Night's performance than the Denver Broncos' coaches and players.

When a new coaching staff takes over a losing football program, things don't always go well when the first games are played. Coaches and players learn more about themselves and each other when things don't go well. That is because it is necessary to identify problems before they can be fixed. That only happens when facing an opponent in a regular season game.

Coach Fangio has stated that improvement must be made in coaching as well as playing. That focuses everyone involved on the task at hand without being counterproductive by assigning blame. Early games may not be as indicative as later ones due to the accumulation of scouting information. We have yet to see if the size of the current injury list is going to remain constant for the whole season, or if that area will improve.

That is all.
                            This is one of the most logical posts I have seen. Great points.
                            Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Rich_C
                              Captain
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by FlaccoTruther View Post
                              It's a catch 22 because Carr was just reading coverage and firing it. Next Gen does a great job tracking this stuff. It has Carr time to throw as 2.33 4th quickest in the NFL last week.

You aren't going to generate much of a pass rush when the quarterback is getting the ball out that quickly. As far as the Broncos go sort of the reverse was true everyone knew the Oline was a problem and instead of getting the ball out quickly it got held on for way too long particularly in the first half there was one play in particular that Flacco held onto the ball too long where the underneath stuff was there and by the time he went back to it the coverage had been adjusted. The announcers even made note of it.

That can't happen next week. You hold onto the ball against the Bears with this Oline forget about it. The ball needs to come out much quicker. The general consensus is unless you are able to buy time in the pocket you need to get the ball out by 2.7s. Flacco averaged 2.66.

If you want to see how that sort of impact on sack rate and pressure roughly half a second makes football outsiders did a great study on it.

The sack rate is more then doubles.
                              Of course his TTT was low....look at the 4-5 yards of separation our DBs were giving the offensive player. When you leave that amount of space and cannot close the gap between the time the ball is thrown and the WR catching it - simply put you're gonna walk away with the loss every time. The swarm of the player needs to occur by the other players NOT covering the guy being thrown the ball. So the goal there would be to cover the receiver more closely and force the QB to hold the ball a little longer. I simply never saw that adjustment being made.

Comment

• Fantaztic7
                                Banned User
                                • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
                                That's "coach-speak," he's not going to publicly trash the coordinators. We'll see what changes are made when we face the Bears.

Behind the scenes, I'm hoping many were chewed out...including Fangio. To lose like that should never be acceptable, and accountability should always remain.
                                He didn’t have to publicly trash the coordinators however, he also didn’t need to say they ran a good operation.

Comment

Working...
                                X