Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    He didn’t have to publicly trash the coordinators however, he also didn’t need to say they ran a good operation.

Especially when it was not a good operation.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    No one is more acutely aware of the unacceptable nature of Monday Night's performance than the Denver Broncos' coaches and players.

When a new coaching staff takes over a losing football program, things don't always go well when the first games are played. Coaches and players learn more about themselves and each other when things don't go well. That is because it is necessary to identify problems before they can be fixed. That only happens when facing an opponent in a regular season game.

Coach Fangio has stated that improvement must be made in coaching as well as playing. That focuses everyone involved on the task at hand without being counterproductive by assigning blame. Early games may not be as indicative as later ones due to the accumulation of scouting information. We have yet to see if the size of the current injury list is going to remain constant for the whole season, or if that area will improve.

That is all.
    Great post, Sam!

"We just have to play and coach better" -Coach Fangio

https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/...tter-execution

This is taking responsibility.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

I know this has nothing to do with the broncos anymore. But Shaquille Barrett is having the game of his life tonight vs cam newton. He has been a monster. Got a sack last week too. Did we make a mistake ? Hopefully von and Chubb get going this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Montoya View Post
    I know this has nothing to do with the broncos anymore. But Shaquille Barrett is having the game of his life tonight vs cam newton. He has been a monster. Got a sack last week too. Did we make a mistake ? Hopefully von and Chubb get going this week.
    The Around the League 2019 Season thread discusses the other games that are going on:
    https://forums.denverbroncos.com/sho...-season/page18

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Especially when it was not a good operation.
    Agree.....

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    No one is more acutely aware of the unacceptable nature of Monday Night's performance than the Denver Broncos' coaches and players.

When a new coaching staff takes over a losing football program, things don't always go well when the first games are played. Coaches and players learn more about themselves and each other when things don't go well. That is because it is necessary to identify problems before they can be fixed. That only happens when facing an opponent in a regular season game.

Coach Fangio has stated that improvement must be made in coaching as well as playing. That focuses everyone involved on the task at hand without being counterproductive by assigning blame. Early games may not be as indicative as later ones due to the accumulation of scouting information. We have yet to see if the size of the current injury list is going to remain constant for the whole season, or if that area will improve.

That is all.
    True, (most of what you say is pretty straightforward stuff), but I've also seen a number of organizations become winners quickly, after just one offseason, because of the coaching/new direction. And we do have a lot of "winner" players on this team. Some have drank out of the big trophy.

Do I expect improvement? Yes. But I am not counting on a quantum leap, because there is no guarantee that new coaching, even new players, always equate to success. Lets see where we are in a month or so, and then re-evaluate. We may be better, even much better, or we may not be as good as some are hoping.
    Last edited by CanDB; 09-14-2019 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jflee66 View Post
    New coaches, new QB, new scheme on def. and off. and 1st game in the black hole. Broncos have a lot of young players as well and it showed last night. They need a few games to get in synch.
    With all that being the case.....They should have played the first team 80% of the time in the preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBreeder View Post
    With all that being the case.....They should have played the first team 80% of the time in the preseason.
    Agreed

but the trend in the NFL is to play starters less and less

IMO fans need to spend less and less on preseason until that part of the business becomes a bigger loss on the books. Then the NFL will change things up. I do not know how preseason works in the rest of the country but in LA preseason tickets were dirt cheap. I checked a couple days before week 3 (week 4 for us) and tickets were under $10. Good seats in the lower part of the stadium were as low as $30.

If I were TV execs I would not pay the same to cover preseason games.
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBreeder View Post
    Not when you have 90 players and you need to figure out which 37 to cut before September!

But I agree that they should have given them more snaps than they did. I guess that Fangio is the typical conservative, defensive coach who's fearful of racking up too many injuries to the starters before the season even begins. There has to be a balance point with that though which may be difficult for a rookie HC to determine.
    Last edited by L.M.; 09-14-2019 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Not when you have 90 players and you need to figure out which 37 to cut before September!

But I agree that they should have given them more snaps than they did. I guess that Fangio is the typical conservative, defensive coach who's fearful of racking up too many injuries to the starters before the season even begins. There has to be a balance point with that though which may be difficult for a rookie HC to determine.
    Coaches mostly know who is going to make the team from what they see in practice. It is why we see preseason game stars who do not even make the roster.

Even if starters did what they use to...1 drive 1st game, couple drives 2nd game...play til 2nd half 3rd game...that leaves ~75% of the preseason snaps for players you want to see if they should make the team or not.

Flacco accounted for less than 10% of our passing attempts in the preseason. Freeman/Lindsay accounted for 13% of our rushing attempts. Some starters played even less than the QB and RBs did.

Problem is starters do not even play 25% of the preseason anymore.
    Last edited by Hadez; 09-14-2019 at 12:19 PM.
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

I was told that this team would be better without Joseph.

Quote Originally Posted by PunchDrunk View Post
    Admittedly.....I drank that kool aid. A whole pitcher of it.

We might have been told wrong, but there’s still time.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

This team would beat last year's team

A lot of this is on Elway. To have the attitude he portrays, changes should’ve been made a while ago. We have the same weak offense that we’ve had since the Super Bowl. The Oline is still bad, the play calling vanilla and the QB has no explosive potential. There’s been coaching and QB changes and it looks the same. I hate to say it, but Elway has to go. This team has no intensity, doesn’t play physical football and has settled for the results we’ve gotten. This team has talent but we’re due for another rough year with this management and coaching staff.