Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bates View Post
    This is football, where teams don't have the luxury of taking a few games to get in sync. They have 16 games to get the job done, and when you lose to teams you should have beat, it puts you in a bad situation. Losing a conference game is bad enough but losing a division game is just the worst.
    It’s hard to call the Raiders a team that the Broncos should beat. However, they shouldn’t have looked as bad as they did for the vast majority of the game. Not when we were told “no more death by inches”.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

The coaches have changed, the QB has changed, and the GM should be next in my opinion. Elway is untouchable to many because of how he's played, but the management of this team has been horrible for years. Even with Peyton, there were serious concerns that got covered up. A GM supposedly should see holes in his team 2 years ahead of time. Elway wasn't joking when he said we're all in on Plan A and there's no plan B because our QB play has been bad for over 3 years now with no legit replacement in sight. I'm not saying it's all on Flacco, who did nothing impressive last night, but just seeing the vanilla play calls and continued horrible O line play, Flacco is likely set up to continue the trend of sub par QB play. It's only been one game, but I didn't see anything from Fangio last night that made me optimistic. He almost looked as bad a Vance bent over on the sideline like what do we do next.

Quote Originally Posted by jflee66 View Post
    New coaches, new QB, new scheme on def. and off. and 1st game in the black hole. Broncos have a lot of young players as well and it showed last night. They need a few games to get in synch.
    This! What I saw was not horrible. For one thing, I think the AB fiasco got the Raiders angry and pumped up to win. They were playing harder than the Broncos, and I think that was the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorman82 View Post
    This! What I saw was not horrible. For one thing, I think the AB fiasco got the Raiders angry and pumped up to win. They were playing harder than the Broncos, and I think that was the reason.
    You don't think playing harder than us isn't a problem? I think that's one of the worst things that's hurt this team over the last couple of years. How many defensive plays did we make last night when people were fired up? I don't remember many. How many hard hits? How many exotic blitzes from a so called defensive mastermind? How many creative plays offensively, besides that bogus Star Wars formation screen to Freeman that he completely botched. Coaching was sub par at best. How many crossing routes did we run? On a crucial 3rd down, with one WR on the field, we put our weakest corner on one one while Chris Harris is on the other catching butterflies. So much bad football on opening night from a team that should've been fired up and ready to make a statement game.

The thing I was most annoyed at was the lack of energy. This is week 1, on the road, Monday Night Football, against a division rival with a new coaching staff, and we came out flat. From the start the Raiders just out enthused the Broncos, they wanted it more. I will say, as much as I think we did take steps in the right direction this past off-season, the high expectations of this rookie and inexperienced coaching staff need to be tempered.

I also think once again, this fan base really overrates the talent we have here, especially on defense. Josey Jewell is not a starting calibar linebacker in the NFL right now, Justin Simmons is maybe the most overrated player on the roster, and despite people claiming Von Miller gets double and triple teamed every play, which is incorrect, he goes missing for long stretches of games too often. This offensive line is going to be a struggle again as well. Ronald Leary was horrible, the often injured right tackle we overpaid is injured, again, and the rest of the bunch weren't anything else to cheer about. I think we could be a 10-6 team in a dream scenario, but I could also see us being 3-13. It's going to be interesting to see how they respond next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorman82 View Post
    You don't think playing harder than us isn't a problem? I think that's one of the worst things that's hurt this team over the last couple of years. How many defensive plays did we make last night when people were fired up? I don't remember many. How many hard hits? How many exotic blitzes from a so called defensive mastermind? How many creative plays offensively, besides that bogus Star Wars formation screen to Freeman that he completely botched. Coaching was sub par at best. How many crossing routes did we run? On a crucial 3rd down, with one WR on the field, we put our weakest corner on one one while Chris Harris is on the other catching butterflies. So much bad football on opening night from a team that should've been fired up and ready to make a statement game.

Disgusted - well, it's been disgusting since 2016. Shocked? I thought there was nothing shocking about that game. It was a bad team losing on the road.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by champ&dreallday View Post
    Yeah, this Christmas I'm going to ask Santa for a Broncos team that can't be beat. I'm sure Santa will say, no such thing. Your over reaction is got me wondering, do you really think the Broncos should be at the top of the list year after year. More then they have been over the last 8 years. Even good luck has bad luck sometimes. The Broncos will come out fired up against da bears and play to their potential. They will improve every game as they get more fine tuned.

Same ol' offense, same ol' poor tackling and inability to cover the flat, same ol' poor kick coverage...sigh.

If I'm an opposing team, I game plan to stop Lindsay. Not a really good team outside of his potential to explode. Our D is still a factor, but we can't expect them to win us another championship. They are not as good as that team.

Sorry folks, not a Flacco fan, at this stage of his career. Teams that are sort of rebuilding move forward, not sideways (or whatever), at the QB position.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Shocked??? Really... shocked??? Have you guys not watched this team the last 2 years?? This loss was the exact same as all the loses last year:

We start out flat, quickly fall behind 2 scores, finally get some momentum and sorta make it a game, only to still lose at the end. That was literally the script for nearly every loss last year.
    We were within 2 scores... I'm sure someone last year told me that meant things were totally under control.

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    You've never been more "shocked and disappointed?" How dramatic! You must have missed A LOT of games in the last 41 years because last night's was a far cry from being the worst performance by the Broncos in this span of time.

We weren't even blown out and we were still in it to the very end. Good thing you're not a Dolphins or Steelers fan or you probably would have taken an ambulance ride!
    That is what I was thinking when I read OP's comments. I guess VJ's first year when the Broncos were getting destroyed game after game must have slipped the mind. Those losses were brutal.. the team gave up... opponents were beating the Broncos by 20 digits every week.

I do understand the sentiment that it was the first game of a fresh season and expectations were high and hope was up... I get being disappointed but, I personally will wait until maybe a month or two before I decide to step on the ledge.
    My adopted Bronco is Case Keenum

Quote Originally Posted by jflee66 View Post
    Yeah, this Christmas I'm going to ask Santa for a Broncos team that can't be beat. I'm sure Santa will say, no such thing. Your over reaction is got me wondering, do you really think the Broncos should be at the top of the list year after year. More then they have been over the last 8 years. Even good luck has bad luck sometimes. The Broncos will come out fired up against da bears and play to their potential. They will improve every game as they get more fine tuned.
    Where does this optimism come from? This February will be four years since SB50, and the Broncos will be watching it from their TVs like the rest of us. That's not defeatism... it's realism based on their play last night, and the previous three seasons. Sure... it's possible they get their act together. And I HOPE they do! But I'm a believer when I SEE THE CHANGE. Not before. I hope for the Broncos all day long. But I don't have faith or bet on them to win. We DID have some teams that you could bet on to at least be in the games, and win many of them. That ended after the Manning era (and very nearly ended during his era). What have you done for me lately is realistic in sports. NE and KC fans can have faith and still depend on their teams not to let themselves and their fans down (though I'm far from anointing KC AFC champs yet). But that's because there are things going on there to give them that confidence. Right now, we don't even have a glimmer of that confidence. You've got to actually win games (and not win them totally ugly) to generate that kind of confidence. An object in motion tends to stay in motion, while an object at rest tends to stay at rest. If we've been in any kind of motion at all in several years... it's been backwards. I'm still hopeful that we don't have VJ2 in our new coach. But I saw nothing to indicate that we don't last night.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    If I'm an opposing team, I game plan to stop Lindsay. Not a really good team outside of his potential to explode. Our D is still a factor, but we can't expect them to win us another championship. They are not as good as that team.

Sorry folks, not a Flacco fan, at this stage of his career. Teams that are sort of rebuilding move forward, not sideways (or whatever), at the QB position.
    That’s a great point a lot here are missing. Yesterday’s loss would’ve felt better if we had a young QB under center. It’s pointless to roll out an aging, veteran QB on a rebuilding team, that doesn’t look anywhere close to competing for the division.

At some point they’ve got to bite the bullet again and at least try to move forward with a young QB.

Quote Originally Posted by KansasKrista View Post
    That is what I was thinking when I read OP's comments. I guess VJ's first year when the Broncos were getting destroyed game after game must have slipped the mind. Those losses were brutal.. the team gave up... opponents were beating the Broncos by 20 digits every week.

I do understand the sentiment that it was the first game of a fresh season and expectations were high and hope was up... I get being disappointed but, I personally will wait until maybe a month or two before I decide to step on the ledge.
    I'll never step on a ledge over a sports team. I'll be a Broncos fan until I die (been 51 years so far), and never "switch" to another team. I'll root for the Broncos week-in, week-out. Though last year I started to root for them to lose here and there (after our chances were toast), to put pressure to get rid of VJ and other weak links. But I'm with you on not saying make or break yet. Having said that... if last night wasn't a total aberration... we're done for yet another season. This time I have to believe that Elway will be on the way out. If not at the end of this season, then by the end of next season. Broncos fans are not Cleveland or Oakland fans... who can tolerate decades of losing cultures. Sadly, I can't say that the Broncos have had even a fraction of the hope of those two "loser" teams for the past couple of seasons. "We'll get 'em next season" is loser stuff.
    Last edited by Red_Label; 09-10-2019 at 03:01 PM.