• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peerless
    Football Immortal
    • May 2004

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Davis isn't special but he is hell of an upgrade to nelson
    Nelson at least has some coverage ability, something that Davis severely lacks.

Comment

• Fantaztic7
      Banned User
      • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
      I mean, I thought Phillip Lindsey was quite the spark last season. But the ball in his hands and let him do this thing - the blocking Monday wasn't great (it did get better in the second half).

I think Courtland Sutton is another spark. Heck, he had a great game - I was impressed with his YAC ability. Heck, airing it out to Emmanuel Sanders finally showed some promise.

Both both guys talked about how the Raiders were just THAT good Monday, it was hard for them to get open.

The defense - that is an area that I was super let down with. You want to talk about a lack of a spark, where was Von Miller and/or Bradley Chubb? BOTH were completely shut down.

The D-line was pretty mediocre as well. I don't know about you guys, but what has Derek Wolfe done recently? Yeah, he's a nice veteran that has stuck around since we drafted him. But he really doesn't do anything special except look mean.

Our linebacker core is bad (and that's even without Todd Davis who isn't anything special himself).

The secondary (including Yiadom) got torn up - but I think more of that was due to horrible matchups (Yiadom on Waller) and poor defensive playcalling (having our CB's play 8 yards off the receiver - Carr killed us with the quick passing scheme).

And to wrap it up, special teams was horrible yet again. Colby Waldman had a few nice punts, but the kick-off coverage was horrible yet again.
      I thought Freeman was another spark. McManus was solid - we need more than FGs to win but he’ll help in close games.

Munchak made a mistake starting Leary with no preseason game reps. If average the average fan could see that coming with Leary struggling, why couldn’t Munchak?

Comment

• the0rangecrush
        Captain
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
        we may have one with him with out james and with how bad leary played.
        Im willing to give Leary some time, he hasn't seen game speed in about a year. Risner played well, especially considering it was his first game ever on the road. McGovern was decent as well. Other than that it was suspect at best. If Leary can return to form, we will have a decent OL at least.
        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Henry2287
          Practice Squad
          • Sep 2019

If you ask me, the fault lies with the coaching staff, both sides. Whose cockamamie idea was it to not tackle at all in the preseason? Football is about accomplishing something while getting hit.

Comment

• Henry2287
            Practice Squad
            • Sep 2019

Maybe, but leadership is an all around quality, not only a position standard.

Comment

• skeeter01
              Football Immortal
              • Apr 2008

New Head coach....new def. coord., new offensive coord., new QB......of course we didn't gel. Now, lets see if we can show some improvement at home against Vic's old team. If we see same ol same ol, then I'll start accepting the criticism I see on these boards. I foresee this team as a growth in progress, the coaching staff are teachers. Lets let the process work out. We are not the Patriots with the same owner, coach, offensive guru { jerk } and same GOAT QB....give us a break.....gosh darn it people whoosh

Comment

• beastlyskronk
                Football Immortal
                • Jun 2007

Vic knows the ins and outs of the majority of the Bears roster. If the team looks unprepared against them, then we need to have a fire sale. If multiple coaches aren’t getting through to them, then it’s on the players.

Comment

• arapaho
                  reserved for losing bet
                  • Mar 2004

Damm the negativity you see here is disgusting and sad

We have a new coach installing a entirely new system

We have a new defensive scheme with a HC calling the defense from the field as opposed to the box where he has been calling it for years

We have a new offensive coordinator installing an entirely new offense

With a new Qb, new RT, new Center, new rookie LG and a RG coming off IR, #1 wr coming off IR

On top of the fact the unit as it was missing players held out only played a total of 20 snaps the entire preseason!!!

I believe in my team and not gonna stoop to this cry baby boohoo crap because we lost a game

It takes time to build a cohesive team and twenty snaps in preseason isn’t the way
                  sigpic
                  when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• AZ Snake Fan
                    earthling
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by arapaho View Post

We have a new defensive scheme with a HC calling the defense from the field as opposed to the box where he has been calling it for years

With a new Qb, new RT, new Center, new rookie LG and a RG coming off IR, #1 wr coming off IR

On top of the fact the unit as it was missing players held out only played a total of 20 snaps the entire preseason!!!

I believe in my team and not gonna stoop to this cry baby boohoo crap because we lost a game

It takes time to build a cohesive team and twenty snaps in preseason isn’t the way
                    Great post arapaho !!!
                    Adjustments will be made this week.
                    Broncos will bounce back Sunday and take it out on the Bears.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• broncolee
                      Football Immortal
                      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by arapaho View Post

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

Great post arapaho !!!
                      Adjustments will be made this week.
                      Broncos will bounce back Sunday and take it out on the Bears.

New coach, new scheme didn’t stop people from wanting VJ fired 5 games in, when he was 3-2 and won his first two games.

Don’t say it isn’t so, there is a thread that proves it. I know you remember.
                      Stop Feeding The Trolls, Please!!!!!

Comment

• dgobronco
                        Captain
                        • Jan 2010

I'm more optimistic about the offense improving than the D at this point. As the o-line goes, so will the offense, but at least in theory Leary should improve with reps/health, and McGovern and Risner will get more comfortable. Not sure how the T's will fare. On D, coming into the season, I was worried about lack of talent and depth in the interior d-line. ILB is also not a strength. It's looking like we just don't have the horses in the middle to stop the run and get penetration on pass plays. If that's the case, teams will exploit the LB's and secondary with quick passes since they don't need big yardage, and combining quick passes with a pocket to step up into negates the edge rush. We really need someone in the middle that worries the offensive coordinator, and we don't have it. I think we're in for a long/frustrating season watching the edge rush neutralized and exposing the ILB's and secondary. Hopefully the coaches can get the most out of what we have, but I think it's just a talent problem.

Comment

• swingarm
                          Bench Warmer
                          • Dec 2010

If you'd have asked me right after the game I would've said they are a complete disaster and won't win more then 3 games. Now that some time has passed I've realized that a majority of the Broncos from the coaches on down is new, the offense was never going to be great anyways(maybe on the high side of average at best), and lastly this is the first game of the season. I will not get excited till at the very least after the second game although I probably should wait until after the third game.

Comment

• Acedude
                            Special Teams
                            • May 2008

I'm not disgusted. A bit shocked Carr was untouched all night. Disappointed their O made it look easy to achieve short 3rd downs and convert 10 of 14. Looked like Von and Chubb were playing pattycakes all night with the OT's.

Denver came back in the 2nd half, outscored Oakland 16-10, unfortunately the comeback got derailed in the 4th Q by sloppy redzone play from the O and a 72yd kickoff return.

I bet the team is less disheartened than the fans.

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
                              Football Immortal
                              • May 2010

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                              Nelson at least has some coverage ability, something that Davis severely lacks.
                              that is kinda debatable, all i know nelson looked like he was getting pushed around in the run game. and neither jewel or nelson attacked the line of scrimmage. davis would at least serverly upgrade out run game. he is better then jewell or Nelson . maybe not huge but he is a great run stuff thumper. and we could have used that against oakland, with the fact they ran right over us. i am also not sure that hs coverage ability matters, i doubt he could cover some of the better te or rb out of the back field. it is still a huge hole on the offense. but i don't think it is as bad as it looked monday.
                              sigpic
                              oakland raders gm
                              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Peanut
                                ModNut
                                • Jan 2007

This thread has been cleaned a couple of times.

No name calling or flaming, please.

All this after one week?
                                Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Working...
                                X