Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootleg View Post
    From an execution standpoint, I can't remember seeing the Broncos put in a worse performance. The fact that the Raiders spent the entire week in complete turmoil and were still able to get the win speaks volumes to how badly this Broncos team played.
    The Raiders had an emotional spark / edge from the entire AB situation. Not to give the Broncos any credit - because the team's execution WAS that bad. But the Raiders are going to be a solid football team. The O-Line looks better to protect Carr and to play 'smash' run football, and the defense completely outplayed our 'top 10' defense. They also have a deadly return man on special teams.

I don't think the Raiders were in turmoil. They've been dealing with the entire AB situation throughout the entire training camp. They were ready without him, and it showed.

Shocked??? Really... shocked??? Have you guys not watched this team the last 2 years?? This loss was the exact same as all the loses last year:

We start out flat, quickly fall behind 2 scores, finally get some momentum and sorta make it a game, only to still lose at the end. That was literally the script for nearly every loss last year.

I donít get it, did you guys think this mess of a team was going to get magically fixed in one off-season? Did you think a rookie HC and OC were going to have all answers to the problems that have plagued this team for 2+ years?

This wasnít shocking, it was business as usual to anybody who has watched this team play the last couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Shocked??? Really... shocked??? Have you guys not watched this team the last 2 years?? This loss was the exact same as all the loses last year:

We start out flat, quickly fall behind 2 scores, finally get some momentum and sorta make it a game, only to still lose at the end. That was literally the script for nearly every loss last year.

I don’t get it, did you guys think this mess of a team was going to get magically fixed in one off-season? Did you think a rookie HC and OC were going to have all answers to the problems that have plagued this team for 2+ years?

This wasn’t shocking, it was business as usual to anybody who has watched this team play the last couple years.
    Pretty much. The key differences are that these coaches still have potential to get better, last year's staff was at their ceiling, and at this point Flacco seems slightly better than Keenum.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

I donít get it, did you guys think this mess of a team was going to get magically fixed in one off-season? Did you think a rookie HC and OC were going to have all answers to the problems that have plagued this team for 2+ years?

This wasnít shocking, it was business as usual to anybody who has watched this team play the last couple years.
    Exactly

Offensively this hole has existed even the year we won the Super Bowl imo as the defense carried us to the Ring.

Defensively every year we have done more to tear down the defense than build it up.

3 years ago no playoffs. 2 years ago bottom 5 record. 1 year ago bottom 10 record. This year...complete overhaul in coaching and lot of player changes.

Shocked we did bad???

I am shocked people actually thought we were going to do something other than bad this year.
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

Last night was a reality I didn't want to admit. No matter who coaches (even competent ones), there just isn't enough talent to be where we as fans want/expect them to be. I was sure Fangio would come in and clean up a lot of things, but last night was the last 2 seasons all over again.

The overall play was unacceptable however not shocked. Somewhat surprised the defense struggled. Although we knew the situation at ILB and the challenge with young guys like Yiadom.

This team is a work in progress with Fangio and Scangarello in their new roles. Flacco wasnít great but there were plays he made you wouldnít get from Keenum. The offense moved the ball between the 20s and didnít convert until it was too late.

There were guys that played hard - Sutton and Freeman looked sharp. Sutton fought hard. Lindsay also came on in the second half.

Itís tough to open the season with a loss. There are some positives if you take emotion out of the assessment. Theyíll need to bounce back vs Bears.

Cleanup a few penalties, catch passes you should in the end zone, a few better play calls and this team can compete.

Letís see how they respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Last night was a reality I didn't want to admit. No matter who coaches (even competent ones), there just isn't enough talent to be where we as fans want/expect them to be. I was sure Fangio would come in and clean up a lot of things, but last night was the last 2 seasons all over again.
    Disagree. Chubb and Miller should have been terrorizing Carr all night. They have enough talent to fill in the black hole. The execution is just lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bates View Post
    Disagree. Chubb and Miller should have been terrorizing Carr all night. They have enough talent to fill in the black hole. The execution is just lacking.
    But, Chubb and Miller might have been more effective had the backfield created coverage sacks. Instead, Carr picked them apart all night.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Seems like Vance Joseph all over again. I'll bet practice will be good all season long! That's what's really important here. It's not whether you win or lose, or how you play the actual game. It's about practice. And denial.

I don’t get it, did you guys think this mess of a team was going to get magically fixed in one off-season? Did you think a rookie HC and OC were going to have all answers to the problems that have plagued this team for 2+ years?

This wasn’t shocking, it was business as usual to anybody who has watched this team play the last couple years.
    Can't argue with any of that. I wasn't surprised. I was HOPING for a surprise, but it was just another game to sit and watch blankly... showing as little emotion as the players seemed to show. At least if you value your sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    [tweet]1171486752965451779[/tweet
    If VJ gave that answer people would demand he be fired on the spot.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

The Broncos are a 6-10 and 5-11 team over the past two years. We're not a very good, or talented, team. The Broncos remind me of the team I watched at the age of 15 back in 1968. The Raiders have one of the most talented Offensive Line's in the NFL, and they completely dominated the Broncos defensive line. The Broncos defensive line can't stop a good offensive line that is going to run up the gut. And when you can't stop the run, it's likely you won't get much of a Pass Rush. The Broncos looked much better in the 2nd half. Hopefully that will carry over to Chicago. But I wouldn't get my hopes up too high. We're just not that good.

This was hard to watch...I really expected more fire on opening night, especially considering it was the final Monday night game at the Oak Coliseum...if that's not enough to fire us up, we have a problem. Instead of ruining the Raiders final Oakland home Monday night, we made Derek Carr look like...well...did you hear when one of the announcers said he was approaching, "Phil Simms SB numbers"...ouch

If I had closed my eyes every time they showed our sideline or coaches in the booth, I wouldn't have been able to tell last nights team from the VJ disasters of the past 2 seasons. Ya, it's only the opening game and time will tell how different this team performs over the season, but what an awful sight to behold on opening night
    Last edited by Dennis.1960; 09-10-2019 at 12:35 PM.
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    The Raiders had an emotional spark / edge from the entire AB situation. Not to give the Broncos any credit - because the team's execution WAS that bad. But the Raiders are going to be a solid football team. The O-Line looks better to protect Carr and to play 'smash' run football, and the defense completely outplayed our 'top 10' defense. They also have a deadly return man on special teams.

I don't think the Raiders were in turmoil. They've been dealing with the entire AB situation throughout the entire training camp. They were ready without him, and it showed.
    Agreed. And for yet another year (since SB50), the Broncos are the bottom-feeder of our division. We used to always count on being able to outclass and usually outplay the other three teams, but we've become the Raiders. That's hard to stomach. It's hard enough having KC be able to dominate us in their sleep, and having to struggle against LAC, but having the Raiders do what they've been doing is the hardest kick in the gut (and the most embarrassing).