Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    So many draft picks wasted on failed QB and offensive linemen that the defense has taken a hit as a result. Bolles was the most obvious miss, with Ramczyk still available. Most fans at the time go with Ramczyk instead, even without hindsight. We still don't have a QB we can be confident in going forward. The problems start at the draft and have for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    That’s a great point a lot here are missing. Yesterday’s loss would’ve felt better if we had a young QB under center. It’s pointless to roll out an aging, veteran QB on a rebuilding team, that doesn’t look anywhere close to competing for the division.

At some point they’ve got to bite the bullet again and at least try to move forward with a young QB.
    Disagree. As unprepared as we looked, as many times as we shot ourselves in the foot taking fg killing or drive killing penalties, missing breadbasket catches in the endzone, missing blocks and calling cute plays that killed drives while leaving corner getting beat over and over again mercilessly until finally making adjustments not to mention safeties missing assignments, I don't care if JE or PM were at the helm, I would have felt the same bad taste for that loss.

Further, With how bad we are playing up front and all the missed blocks going on, I would prefer not to have our possible future qb out there to take the punishment. Heck we already got him hurt from poor blocking before the season even started if I remember correctly. Until we get this issue solved I'd rather have a vet out there who can make quick reads and is more up to speed with the game and how to deal with it then a young guy who has way too many things to adjust to already anyway. He is liable to get killed and or have his confidence killed..

That said, I haven't lost all hope and still have high hopes for the team and would like to see our young qb get some playing time this year. Hopefully, we will improve with time and playing together and be able to put him out there.
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

--J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    If VJ gave that answer people would demand he be fired on the spot.
    Exactly. A few have commented that last nights game looked a lot like the past 2 years. Maybe that says most of our issues aren't due to the coaching, but rather the talent on the roster. In fact, I dare say that we would have won a few more games last year if Case Keenum would have have played at least like an average QB. But that's old news. I was one of the few that defended VJ most of the time, and I'm willing to give this new coaching staff time as well. As disappointing as the effort was last night, it was the first game of the season and I'm not going to panic. If there was one thing that stood out to me, it's that Fangio really should have played the starters a bit more in the preseason. Last night kinda looked like it was our 2nd or 3rd preseason game.

Quote Originally Posted by $Broncos$ View Post
    all i know is a girl im dating is a Bears fan. Ill never hear the end of it if we lose on Sunday.
    You should never here the end of it cause your girl is a Bears Fan
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

--J.R.R. Tolkien

The Denver Bronco's have no spark on offense and the defense isn't dominant.

This team is not going to win games they should lose, and this team isn't going to dominate other teams for a win.

5-10 record.

Hopefully we can beat the bears, because if we dont, were 0-2 and heading to green bay where 0-3 starts to look pretty realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    I think there is a severe lack of leadership on both sides of the ball. We have no Peyton Manning or DeMarcus Ware out there holding people accountable, so it seems the players who should be leading now (Von, Flacco, Sanders, CHJ) are content to just mail it in.

It is annoying to not have the coaching staff call anyone out for effort, saying they thought the playcalling was fine.

Our talent really isn't that great, the biggest holes obviously at ILB and on the OL. I think Bolles is a cancer, and Derek Wolfe acts pretty entitled any more for hardly showing up.

This teams needs a shakeup, qand it might have to start with Elway if we don't have an 8-8 season.

If Denver didn't have back to back losing seasons for the first 30 or so years of Bowlen's tenure, then there's no excuse for possibly a 3rd losing season in a row this year.
    I wouldn't take that as truth but just PR nonsense. With numerous mistakes in all three phases, this loss boils down to coaching and the "death by inches" that Fangio wants to avoid, and he knows it. Fangio, Donatell, and Scangarello are new to their jobs, and McMahon is in his second year as ST coordinator with more to learn too, evidently. Hopefully they learn from their mistakes and get better.

Vic Fangio: ‘We just have to play and coach better’
    Last edited by L.M.; 09-10-2019 at 08:05 PM.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Derek Wolfe acts pretty entitled any more for hardly showing up.
    I have been saying this for years now, the guy is washed up. I don't know what Derek thinks he is, but he isn't some superstar in this league, and he talks way too much. Honestly, I'd say Wolfe had a good year and half, maybe 2 seasons, where he was a borderline top 20 defensive tackle. But he has declined quickly, he spent half of last season on his back, and honestly, Zach Kerr looked better than he did in the rotation last year. Derek Wolfe should of been cut last year along with the other veterans Elway panicked and overpaid for, ie. Brandon Marshall and Darien Stewert.

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    I wouldn't take that as truth but just PR nonsense. With numerous mistakes in all three phases, this loss boils down to coaching and the "death by inches" that Fangio wants to avoid, and he knows it. Fangio, Donatell, and Scangarello are new to their jobs, and McMahon is in his second year as ST coordinator with more to learn too, evidently. Hopefully they learn from their mistakes and get better.

Vic Fangio: ‘We just have to play and coach better’

Fangio looked lost in the headlights. I thought Flacco was good without being great but he looks too casual for mine and doesn't like getting outside the pocket. We are thin at so many positions it's hard to tell where to start. Flacco has the arm, we have the receivers to go long, use them for god's sake!

The dink and dunk crap was infuriating to watch. I think 5-11 is the best we can do given our schedule and lack of depth all over the park and Fangio having absolutely no idea against a side not expected to do anything. Chucky was having a ball out there and I think Fangio was reading the back of a Madden cover on the sidelines!
    [URL]www.nrlhub.com[/URL] NRL HUB

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    You should never here the end of it cause your girl is a Bears Fan
    Lol. Luckily I can't seem to find a girl that's a football fan....lol
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

We struggled in areas that I kind of expected. Fangio adjusting to greater responsibilities and not being in the box. Scangarello calling plays for the first time. Team looked out of sync from lack of game reps. Those were things I was more or less expecting to happen to some degree. These "could" work themselves out as guys adjust during the season with more live reps. There were some troubling issues that I think will be reoccurring throughout the year. STs (I think McMahon will be let go during the season) were bad once again. The DL got bodied, we are undersized, and it was a theme in the preseason as well. I could see Purcell getting more and more snaps as the season goes on. OL depth, already lacking, if we lose Risner we have a bottom 5 OL.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    We struggled in areas that I kind of expected. Fangio adjusting to greater responsibilities and not being in the box. Scangarello calling plays for the first time. Team looked out of sync from lack of game reps. Those were things I was more or less expecting to happen to some degree. These "could" work themselves out as guys adjust during the season with more live reps. There were some troubling issues that I think will be reoccurring throughout the year. STs (I think McMahon will be let go during the season) were bad once again. The DL got bodied, we are undersized, and it was a theme in the preseason as well. I could see Purcell getting more and more snaps as the season goes on. OL depth, already lacking, if we lose Risner we have a bottom 5 OL.
    we may have one with him with out james and with how bad leary played.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by justabroncosfan View Post
    The Denver Bronco's have no spark on offense and the defense isn't dominant.

This team is not going to win games they should lose, and this team isn't going to dominate other teams for a win.

5-10 record.
    I mean, I thought Phillip Lindsey was quite the spark last season. But the ball in his hands and let him do this thing - the blocking Monday wasn't great (it did get better in the second half).

I think Courtland Sutton is another spark. Heck, he had a great game - I was impressed with his YAC ability. Heck, airing it out to Emmanuel Sanders finally showed some promise.

Both both guys talked about how the Raiders were just THAT good Monday, it was hard for them to get open.

The defense - that is an area that I was super let down with. You want to talk about a lack of a spark, where was Von Miller and/or Bradley Chubb? BOTH were completely shut down.

The D-line was pretty mediocre as well. I don't know about you guys, but what has Derek Wolfe done recently? Yeah, he's a nice veteran that has stuck around since we drafted him. But he really doesn't do anything special except look mean.

Our linebacker core is bad (and that's even without Todd Davis who isn't anything special himself).

The secondary (including Yiadom) got torn up - but I think more of that was due to horrible matchups (Yiadom on Waller) and poor defensive playcalling (having our CB's play 8 yards off the receiver - Carr killed us with the quick passing scheme).

And to wrap it up, special teams was horrible yet again. Colby Waldman had a few nice punts, but the kick-off coverage was horrible yet again.
    Last edited by Peerless; 09-11-2019 at 05:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    I mean, I thought Phillip Lindsey was quite the spark last season. But the ball in his hands and let him do this thing - the blocking Monday wasn't great (it did get better in the second half).

I think Courtland Sutton is another spark. Heck, he had a great game - I was impressed with his YAC ability. Heck, airing it out to Emmanuel Sanders finally showed some promise.

Both both guys talked about how the Raiders were just THAT good Monday, it was hard for them to get open.

The defense - that is an area that I was super let down with. You want to talk about a lack of a spark, where was Von Miller and/or Bradley Chubb? BOTH were completely shut down.

The D-line was pretty mediocre as well. I don't know about you guys, but what has Derek Wolfe done recently? Yeah, he's a nice veteran that was stuck around since we drafted him. But he really doesn't do anything special except look mean.

Our linebacker core is bad (and that's even without Todd Davis who isn't anything special himself).

The secondary (including Yiadom) got torn up - but I think more of that was due to horrible matchups (Yiadom on Waller) and poor defensive playcalling (having our CB's play 8 yards off the receiver - Carr killed us with the quick passing scheme).

And to wrap it up, special teams was horrible yet again. Colby Waldman had a few nice punts, but the kick-off coverage was horrible yet again.
    Davis isn't special but he is hell of an upgrade to nelson

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait