Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 140
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,565
    Quote Originally Posted by champ&dreallday View Post
    A lot of this is on Elway. To have the attitude he portrays, changes should’ve been made a while ago. We have the same weak offense that we’ve had since the Super Bowl. The Oline is still bad, the play calling vanilla and the QB has no explosive potential. There’s been coaching and QB changes and it looks the same. I hate to say it, but Elway has to go. This team has no intensity, doesn’t play physical football and has settled for the results we’ve gotten. This team has talent but we’re due for another rough year with this management and coaching staff.
    ALL of this is on Elway. He's the only common denominator.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,709
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    This team would beat last year's team
    Talk about hollow praise. This team MAY match last yearís win total.
    Last edited by PunchDrunk; 09-15-2019 at 05:48 PM.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Section 120 Row 26
    Posts
    2,921
    Quote Originally Posted by PunchDrunk View Post
    Talk about hollow praise. This team MAY match last yearís win total.
    Looking at the schedule, this team may not even match the 2017 team's win total.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,890
    Honestly Iím ready for a brand overhaul. New uniforms and everything bring back the D on the helmet modernize the classic look sort of like how the Jets did it.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Muscatine, Iowa
    Posts
    14,889
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
    Honestly Iím ready for a brand overhaul. New uniforms and everything bring back the D on the helmet modernize the classic look sort of like how the Jets did it.
    I hate the new looks Nike is coming out with. That's a no from me

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Section 120 Row 26
    Posts
    2,921
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
    Honestly Iím ready for a brand overhaul. New uniforms and everything bring back the D on the helmet modernize the classic look sort of like how the Jets did it.
    It will take an actual owner to come in and make that type of change. Right now we have no owner.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,140
    We are in the midsts of some rough times. This is a bad team. Itís been a bad team for several years. This is all Elway. He failed to build a corps of good young players to carry the torch after landing Manning and a bunch of high profile FA. Our starters are so-so across the board and we have no depth. Couple that with a coaching turnstile and you have the makings of a bad franchise.

    Elway has ran this thing into the ground outside of the initial signing of Manning and other aged FA.

    This years team might have a shot at being middle of the pack, but no way this is a playoff team.

    Bottom line, this was all built by one man.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    1,323
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    We are in the midsts of some rough times. This is a bad team. It’s been a bad team for several years. This is all Elway. He failed to build a corps of good young players to carry the torch after landing Manning and a bunch of high profile FA. Our starters are so-so across the board and we have no depth. Couple that with a coaching turnstile and you have the makings of a bad franchise.

    Elway has ran this thing into the ground outside of the initial signing of Manning and other aged FA.

    This years team might have a shot at being middle of the pack, but no way this is a playoff team.

    Bottom line, this was all built by one man.
    But, didn't they have a good week of practices???

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,273
    At this point I'm excited about which draft player we're going to get at #2 or #3 overall. Epenesa, Tua, etc.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    32,331
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    At this point I'm excited about which draft player we're going to get at #2 or #3 overall. Epenesa, Tua, etc.
    You saying we can't catch Miami?



    Here's my view:

    We will probably win more than enough to stay out of the early stud draft. But I worry that we end up closer to mid pack, because middle dwellers do not land the top picks, and sad to say, if you do not do well for a few years, you need an infusion of young talent.

    This is why I question the Flacco signing, and Keenum the year before. Not that Flacco is hurting us right now, but if you need an intervention of some sort, stating you need to rebuild, you don't do it with aging players, and in this case, an aging player at the pivotal position.

    But The Broncos have some talented youth, and more of that is required. I hope, hope, hope that Lock is the guy. Because if he is, we can grow this young talent together. They will become confident, and they will not only want to be constant winners, but they can succeed with the right coaching and leadership. Losing is ok for a while, but you need to right the ship before losing gets too entrenched. Players like Lindsay, Sutton, Freeman, Risner, Chubb and others need to see the light at the end of the tunnel. They motivate themselves, but progress is a big motivator in and of itself.
    Last edited by CanDB; 09-16-2019 at 11:35 AM.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,166
    My take is I guess is that Denver cannot win the Super Bowl every year unlike the Patriots lol that is my only Solace.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,273
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    You saying we can't catch Miami?



    Here's my view:

    We will probably win more than enough to stay out of the early stud draft. But I worry that we end up closer to mid pack, because middle dwellers do not land the top picks, and sad to say, if you do not do well for a few years, you need an infusion of young talent.

    This is why I question the Flacco signing, and Keenum the year before. Not that Flacco is hurting us right now, but if you need an intervention of some sort, stating you need to rebuild, you don't do it with aging players, and in this case, an aging player at the pivotal position.

    But The Broncos have some talented youth, and more of that is required. I hope, hope, hope that Lock is the guy. Because if he is, we can grow this young talent together. They will become confident, and they will not only want to be constant winners, but they can succeed with the right coaching and leadership. Losing is ok for a while, but you need to right the ship before losing gets too entrenched. Players like Lindsay, Sutton, Freeman, Risner, Chubb and others need to see the light at the end of the tunnel. They motivate themselves, but progress is a big motivator in and of itself.
    I think we win against the Jags and Oakland once, and that's it. Maybe the Titans. That's good enough for a top 5 pick, if not a top 3 pick. Elway does far better picking in those ranges than when actual scouting is required in the late teens or 20's.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,166
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I think we win against the Jags and Oakland once, and that's it. Maybe the Titans. That's good enough for a top 5 pick, if not a top 3 pick. Elway does far better picking in those ranges than when actual scouting is required in the late teens or 20's.
    No way Denver beats Tenn or the Jags or Even Oakland to be honest I am not to sure that what game Denver can win.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,273
    Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    No way Denver beats Tenn or the Jags or Even Oakland to be honest I am not to sure that what game Denver can win.
    I think this team can pull off a win against Gardner Minshew. Tennessee is as inconsistent as we are. But after losing to Oakland I'm not sure what this team is capable of winning against.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Taos, New Mexico
    Posts
    3,367
    Bolles made me pretty sad, but outside of not having a pass rush whatsoever, the rest of the team is way better than last years squad.

    Green Bay is in for a surprise, gonna be a lot closer than the talking heads are thinking.
    [

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •