Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Let's talk isaac yiadom

I feel like this board is completely overreacting to the way he has played the first game. He got picked on but the kid is still young still growing and learning preseason and the regular season are at different paces. The main thing I wanna say here is he is young. This one of his first games starting. Let him adjust at least a bit more to a hard position in the nfl. Adjusting from college to pros as a cb is not easy you have to cover alot tighter. He can only improve from here and one of his first real starts

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

He was beyond terrible... like it might have been harder to complete a pass with him not there.... no excuses....he was a liability...if he needs that much work..,get him far away from a real football game..
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Dude looked like mashed potatoes out there. Suck it up rook.

I hope youíre right. Itís not like last night was his first game. He got a lot of snaps last year.

VJ and his staff had a good look at Yiadom during the week leading up to the Senior Bowl, and came to the conclusion that he was worthy of a 3rd round pick. We haven't seen it yet, but there's still time. It's hard not to start having doubts, especially with how Langley turned out. The Broncos haven't had much luck drafting corners recently.

It reminds me of how Roby looked as the #2 - hopefully there's still a chance he can be a solid #3.

Yiadom will be fine in my opinion, I like the potential. I liked him as a prospect when he was coming out, I liked what I seen from him in a backup role a year ago, and despite a rough first outing, I have hope. I don't know if he is ready to shoulder the workload of being a starter, he doesn't look like it yet, however, Elway didn't really add anyone else, so he is the second best guy we have and he will improve a lot seeing all this attention opposite Chris Harris.

he got targeted mainly by a 6'6" former WR turned TE whom everybody worried about before the game

and that same speedy wr who burned him deep also burned CHJ deep that gave them the ball on the 4 yard line

The Broncos also put a lot of responsibility on his shoulders in terms of the way they schemed that game, and were pretty slow to make adjustments. I don't know if I would be playing cover zero and sending the house with Yiadom out there matched up on an island with Williams, not many corners are stopping that play. The positive I take out of it, Yiadom wasn't giving up receptions where he was 5 plus yards behind in coverage, a lot of the throws he allowed to be completed, he was right there, and Carr was just putting it on the money.

Also, as Arapaho said, when the game was on the line, Williams beat Harris for a big gain which put the Raiders in the red zone for the score which essentially sealed the game. Was I then shocked to see Harris get up and blame his safety ? No. I've been saying it for years, as good as Harris is, he blames someone else every single time he gets beat.

I think Yiadom is just a young player that had a very bad day. My concern with him is that his technique went to crap the more he got targeted. Unfortunately for him, Fangio looked uncomfortable as well, which led to some slow adjustments, and didn't do him any favors.

I canít even judge Yiadom off this game. What do you expect a CB to do when he starts out 10 yards off the LoS or when theyíre giving up over half a foot in height and some 50 pounds in weight? Only special truly elite CBs can play that far off the LoS and play at a high level, but not everyone is Champ Bailey.

I was excited for Fangio because he allowed his CBs to play up near the LoS in Chicago and they funneled WRs inside the numbers and up the field where Eddie Jackson could use his tremendous range to make plays on the ball. Simmons doesnít have the range or the ball skills to do that, at least not yet but we canít just let these guys line up way off the ball and let them get beat over and over again. At least being close to the LoS will force the QB to hold the ball and let our pass rushers do some damage

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I can’t even judge Yiadom off this game. What do you expect a CB to do when he starts out 10 yards off the LoS or when they’re giving up over half a foot in height and some 50 pounds in weight? Only special truly elite CBs can play that far off the LoS and play at a high level, but not everyone is Champ Bailey.

I was excited for Fangio because he allowed his CBs to play up near the LoS in Chicago and they funneled WRs inside the numbers and up the field where Eddie Jackson could use his tremendous range to make plays on the ball. Simmons doesn’t have the range or the ball skills to do that, at least not yet but we can’t just let these guys line up way off the ball and let them get beat over and over again. At least being close to the LoS will force the QB to hold the ball and let our pass rushers do some damage
    Great post. I was also expecting to see a lot of what you described, however I don't think Simmons can adequately play that role, Simmons is a pretty mediocre football player. The man seems to have a lack of awareness in general really, demonstrated on that deep post where he aimlessly ran towards the player when he should of had a turnover for the team on a gimme really. Safety is a weakness on this team, and at some point the athletic ability of Simmons needs to produce some football plays, because the only difference plays he has made have been on special teams.

He did get beat quite a bit - but he was also in a horrible position. The coaching staff should have put somebody else on Darren Waller.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Great post. I was also expecting to see a lot of what you described, however I don't think Simmons can adequately play that role, Simmons is a pretty mediocre football player. The man seems to have a lack of awareness in general really, demonstrated on that deep post where he aimlessly ran towards the player when he should of had a turnover for the team on a gimme really. Safety is a weakness on this team, and at some point the athletic ability of Simmons needs to produce some football plays, because the only difference plays he has made have been on special teams.
    I said it in the offseason, Simmons should be a SS manning up TEs like Sam Brandon back in the day or put him at CB in a Cover 3 scheme. I wanted Earl Thomas because heís been an elite center fielder his entire career and the scheme Fangio ran last season played to his strengths beautifully. The only player I think could fill that type of role on this roster right now would probably be Bausby to be honest.

Either way I expect a lot of changes defensively for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    he got targeted mainly by a 6'6" former WR turned TE whom everybody worried about before the game

and that same speedy wr who burned him deep also burned CHJ deep that gave them the ball on the 4 yard line
    Nope, not true. Harris was suppose to have inside help on the play by the safety Simmons. Simmons bit hard up the middle and neglected his deep coverage and blew that play, not Harris. This isn't the first time Simmons got caught bighting either. Maybe they should play him at ILB cause he sure likes to come up in the middle of the field even when he is suppose to be playing safety anyway.
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

--J.R.R. Tolkien

With Yiadom, it is a 50/50 in my book. I will be the first to say it now and said it in time in the game day thread. The coaches sure took their damn time making adjustments to help him out. And they certainly didn't have a great game plan for using him going in.

That said, he got beat consistently, short routes, long routes, over the middle. And a lot of the time it wasn't even close. While some was on the coaches, he just plain out played poorly and was abused. And he is not playing his first play. While he may be young, he had last year and all of preseason this year. Last year he was getting beat, but a lot of the time he was at least keeping up with his man, he just wasn't making the adjustment to look back and find the ball. I actually felt better about him then. Yesterday I thought he looked worse than at any point last year. I had high hopes coming into the year to see his progression. Last night it made me think more like he will have to be matched up against a 3rd or 4th receiver cause he is going to get torched otherwise. We shall see . I hope some adjustments are made and he gets better. Still hoping and rooting for the young man, but my jaw was
    watching him last night.
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 09-10-2019 at 05:51 PM.
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

--J.R.R. Tolkien