Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Von MIA again today. Not sure heís as elite as most fans believe. I think some fans still see Von as the player from the 2015 playoff run and SB 50.
    Trade him now before all his values gone

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
    He’s missing Malik Jackson.
    Therefore is Von Miller worth his current salary?

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    No pass rusher is really unless they have an interior pass rusher too. Mack wouldnít be worth his money if he didnít have Goldman.

Same thing with Aldon Smith he never had a career once Justin Smith retired.

Its unreal that the team has yet to sack the qb. More unreal is the body language of Miller this year. He is getting up there in age but no excuse. You're the face of the defense you have to disrupt things in those last few moments in the game and he whiffed....

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
    No pass rusher is really unless they have an interior pass rusher too. Mack wouldn’t be worth his money if he didn’t have Goldman.

Same thing with Aldon Smith he never had a career once Justin Smith retired.
    Curious here, who did Mack have in Oakland that made him worth several high picks?

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Trade him now before all his values gone
    Unfortunately thereís probably not much value in a trade. Although his sack numbers were decent last season, teams know he was absent for stretches of games throughout last season. I donít think many teams are willing to pay him $17.5 million per season.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoyearound View Post
    Its unreal that the team has yet to sack the qb. More unreal is the body language of Miller this year. He is getting up there in age but no excuse. You're the face of the defense you have to disrupt things in those last few moments in the game and he whiffed....
    I believe a fair number of fans still see Von as the player during the playoff run in 2015, along with the MVP in SB50. He landed the contract and he shows up now and then.

The Bears had 27 pass attempts. I believe Von played most if not all snaps on those plays. I counted 3 double teams, possibly 4 - on one play the RT was matched up with Von and it looked like the RB was lined up to help but wasnít needed. Von has plenty of one on one opportunities and he did not get all the attention. On run plays for the vast majority of snaps he was one on one. There were a couple of run plays where it looked like the Bears helped on Vonís side. Von only had one solo tackle today.

Not seeing anything remotely close to elite play.

Curious here, who did Mack have in Oakland that made him worth several high picks?
    Or Joey Bosa? Can't be Ingram cause he's not an "interior pass rusher".

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    The Bears had 27 pass attempts. I believe Von played most if not all snaps on those plays. I counted 3 double teams, possibly 4 - on one play the RT was matched up with Von and it looked like the RB was lined up to help but wasn’t needed. Von has plenty of one on one opportunities and he did not get all the attention. On run plays for the vast majority of snaps he was one on one. There were a couple of run plays where it looked like the Bears helped on Von’s side. Von only had one solo tackle today.

Not seeing anything remotely close to elite play.
    Plenty of one on one opportunities and a real lack of impact plays. So pretty much the exact same situation as a season ago. Von has quickly become one of the most overpaid players on this football team.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Plenty of one on one opportunities and a real lack of impact plays. So pretty much the exact same situation as a season ago. Von has quickly become one of the most overpaid players on this football team.
    Unfortunately heíll continue overpaying him unless Elway finally recognizes itís time to move on. I doubt it will happen. $73 million in cap space for this season through 2021. The most important thing is to save cap space via trade.

Some people in here really don't understand football, and yes, I am from over the pond. American Football is soooooo stat driven, that the majority of fans just equate performance with stats. You're judging him on sack totals, like all the crazed media do, and it is worryingly short sighted. The Bears hardly passed, and he was great in the run game the last two weeks. Is he on the decline? Sure, but he's falling slowly from a great height. Trade him now?? Are you crazy??? Leader. Mentor. Elite. Keep him, and keep him paid WELL, his value to our team is unrivalled. No one is more important to our organisation.

How many sacks did Chubb get again? How many TFL? Should we trade him too cause his value is highest too??

We have a little saying over here in the UK, that works perfectly in this situation..

"Class is permanent. Form is temporary"

Remember that, next time you start to have borderline delusional thoughts about Von not being good any more.
    Denver Broncos Fan from UK

Quote Originally Posted by marktippins1981 View Post

"Class is permanent. Form is temporary"

Remember that, next time you start to have borderline delusional thoughts about Von not being good any more.
    I don't think anyone is saying he isn't good anymore, just that he hasn't been earning his contract for probably a season plus now. If this was a "form" dip, 3 games, 5 games, even half a season, sure, you could say he will come around. But right now he is in a slump rushing the passer, and he just isn't having the impact on games he once did. The man earns quarterback money, and he consistently isn't impacting games, it's consistently, not just for a short stretch, and it's concerning.

Most things are not as simple as people try to make out on the internet forums

For example Von has the highest cap hit among defenders in 2019 and it is not even close.

That is because of a restructure that left 47 other defenders with a higher cap hit in 2018.

The front office keeps borrowing from future caps to pay for extra things ... last year it was Case we were trying to pay for.

I do question Von's performance but his money situation is squarely on the front office.
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Most things are not as simple as people try to make out on the internet forums

For example Von has the highest cap hit among defenders in 2019 and it is not even close.

That is because of a restructure that left 47 other defenders with a higher cap hit in 2018.

The front office keeps borrowing from future caps to pay for extra things ... last year it was Case we were trying to pay for.

I do question Von's performance but his money situation is squarely on the front office.
    Well yeah, but he wanted to be paid like the top defender in his league when he got his contract and he's not playing like it.

Teams do seem to have figured out how to scheme for our pass rush though, and our weak secondary and ILB are the root of that problem. That is definitely on the front office.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones