Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    I would like to see some form of the Amoeba defense once again where Von would "Walk the Line".
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    I would like to see some form of the Amoeba defense once again where Von would "Walk the Line".
    Never should have let Phillips go.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

Have some faith, Broncos Country. Von Miller is the least of Denver's issues right now.

Of course we want and expect him to have some sacks or even a noticeable impact on the game, but right now our defense is being carved up with quick passes and these QBs are getting the ball out in under 3 seconds. I've noticed on quite a few defensive plays that Fangio asks the edge defenders to contain and inhibit the passing lanes, too. Fangio's defenses have always excelled around a strong interior pass rush, and unfortunately Shelby Harris nor Derek Wolfe do not have the body type or play style that fits that Eddie Goldman mold. This interior pressure is what allows the edge players to succeed.

I've had my fair share of overreactions to these first two games as much as anyone else, if not more. But one thing I refuse to buy into (year-to-year) is that Von needs to be traded because he sucks or isn't worth his contract. I guarantee you 31 other teams would be more than happy to have Von on their defense with the money he is making. We have a future Hall of Famer that we aren't even appreciating. He had 14.5 sacks last season on that Joe Woods defense.

We will be fine, guys. Von Miller is still the best and most consistent edge player in the NFL (although he did get out-played by Khalil Mack, but then again, anyone would look like an All-Pro against Garett Bolles). I believe he will wreak havoc this season, and plus it's only the second regular season game. Fangio & Co. will figure it out. Let's hope it is sooner rather than later.
    2014 Adopt-A-Bronco: #43 T.J. WARD & #38 QUINTON CARTER
    2013 Adopt-A-Bronco: #25 CHRIS HARRIS

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    Have some faith, Broncos Country. Von Miller is the least of Denver's issues right now.

Of course we want and expect him to have some sacks or even a noticeable impact on the game, but right now our defense is being carved up with quick passes and these QBs are getting the ball out in under 3 seconds. I've noticed on quite a few defensive plays that Fangio asks the edge defenders to contain and inhibit the passing lanes, too. Fangio's defenses have always excelled around a strong interior pass rush, and unfortunately Shelby Harris nor Derek Wolfe do not have the body type or play style that fits that Eddie Goldman mold. This interior pressure is what allows the edge players to succeed.

I've had my fair share of overreactions to these first two games as much as anyone else, if not more. But one thing I refuse to buy into (year-to-year) is that Von needs to be traded because he sucks or isn't worth his contract. I guarantee you 31 other teams would be more than happy to have Von on their defense with the money he is making. We have a future Hall of Famer that we aren't even appreciating. He had 14.5 sacks last season on that Joe Woods defense.

We will be fine, guys. Von Miller is still the best and most consistent edge player in the NFL (although he did get out-played by Khalil Mack, but then again, anyone would look like an All-Pro against Garett Bolles). I believe he will wreak havoc this season, and plus it's only the second regular season game. Fangio & Co. will figure it out. Let's hope it is sooner rather than later.
    I donít know what people are seeing or what I am missing literally every play especially on known passing downs I saw von get chipped by the TE or RB every time no joke unless I am hallucinating. One of the things I think that fangio needs to do is move Chubb and von around the line work them at DE this is something Dennis Allen would do a lot with von his second year when von had 18.5 sacks they would move him inside on passing downs do more stunts damn I thought fangio was a defensive genius and he doesnít know how to use von and Chubb. Have them switch sides every few plays keep the LT and RT guessing on who is going against them. Keep the offensive protection not knowing what side to send TE or RB to protect on and chip. On a side note what the hell are the CB playing so far off the line wtf! Other than Chris the rest are giving a 5 yard cushion get there asses to the line and they need to jam those WR just doing that would free up the pass rush. Iím not a defensive coordinator but I know wade wouldnít pull this crap he would change it up and keep the offense guessing every play thatís just my two cents. Chubb and von both look stagnant and itís both of them not just one of them. So there is no way both of them just miraculously suck when we all know that they are the best of the best pass rush duo and that is not happening

interesting take by dan patrick and someone in his s
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Von Miller against the Bears offensive line according to Pro Football Focus:

25 pass-rushing snaps
    0 sacks
    0 hits
    0 hurries

Von gets in these stretches where he plays with very little effort. I thought he woke up a bit against the Bears chasing down a RB to the edge and on the last drive he looked like his running was going more than the rest of the game. Von racks up a lot of sacks in bunches but not necessarily consistently throughout the season.

Itís all about his motor. I know he can still take over a game when heís fully revved up. But heís stuck in neutral right now, almost like he just wants to pass the torch to Chubb and be second fiddle.

According to Tom Nalen, Mike ďaka Mom jeansĒ Evans, and Fat Fat Fat Boiiiii Mark Schlereth, ďVon Miller isnít being used properly. Von is not getting a lot of opportunities to rush the passers.

This could either be due lack of imagination by the coaching staff by dropping him into coverage so much or it could be that Von has decided to go the Antonio Brown, Minkah Fitzpatrick, and Jalen Ramsay route.Ē

Iíve watched both of these last two games and everyone could see how Von Miller has been in the running game. I donít believe Von has an all terrier motive as those guys suggest but I do however think that he is being greatly mis used with all this dropping into coverage crap.

Last season you guys murdered Vance Joseph and Joe Woods for using him this way but presently since itís Vic Fangio, no body has said word!

Anyway that is the rumor those clowns are putting out there right now!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 09-18-2019 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    According to Tom Nalen, Mike ďaka Mom jeansĒ Evans, and Fat Fat Fat Boiiiii Mark Schlereth, ďVon Miller isnít being used properly. Von is not getting a lot of opportunities to rush the passers.

This could either be due lack of imagination by the coaching staff by dropping him into coverage so much or it could be that Von has decided to go the Antonio Brown, Minkah Fitzpatrick, and Jalen Ramsay route.Ē

Iíve watched both of these last two games and everyone could see how Von Miller has been in the running game. I donít believe Von has an all terrier motive as those guys suggest but I do however think that he is being greatly mis used with all this dropping into coverage crap.

Last season you guys murdered Vance Joseph and Joe Woods for using him this way but presently since itís Vic Fangio, no body has said word!

Anyway that is the rumor those clowns are putting out there right now!
    I mentioned it after week one that both Miller and Chubb were in coverage too much. On one Raiders TD they blitzed Jewell and dropped Chubb in coverage and Chubb was in a decent position but lacked the awareness to guard the WR about to run free behind him. I didnít notice it as much against Chicago but our defense isnít built to play this 4 man pass rush zone scheme. Itís still better suited to play press man while blitzing the QB. We just have to live with the poor coverage from our ILBs.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Von Miller against the Bears offensive line according to Pro Football Focus:

25 pass-rushing snaps
    0 sacks
    0 hits
    0 hurries
    I guess i dont know what counts as a hurry. On the 4th and 15 last play of the game, Von bull rushed his guy into Trubisky, Trubisky stepped up and made the throw. Von made him move around and had we had interior pressure it would have been over, however trubisky was able to step up and literally had no one in front of him, easy throw. But Von had pressure.

BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I mentioned it after week one that both Miller and Chubb were in coverage too much. On one Raiders TD they blitzed Jewell and dropped Chubb in coverage and Chubb was in a decent position but lacked the awareness to guard the WR about to run free behind him. I didnít notice it as much against Chicago but our defense isnít built to play this 4 man pass rush zone scheme. Itís still better suited to play press man while blitzing the QB. We just have to live with the poor coverage from our ILBs.
    Itís prett Irritating because Von is payed to rush the passer, guess Fangio and Donatell just didnít get the memo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Itís prett Irritating because Von is payed to rush the passer, guess Fangio and Donatell just didnít get the memo.
    Iíd like to see some double A gap blitzes with Chubb and Miller lined up over the C. At least then when they do drop in coverage you could put one or both of them there and screw with the way the QB/C calls out the blocking assignments and possibly get a free run at the QB from the edge.

I donít remember Mack dropping into coverage the way Chubb and Miller have but I guess thatís because Floyd isnít a great edge rusher at this point in his career.

Too much (bad) creativity on the offense and not enough on the defensive side.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Never should have let Phillips go.
    Well you know Joe Woods had developed into a defensive coordinating ďstarĒ!

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I’d like to see some double A gap blitzes with Chubb and Miller lined up over the C. At least then when they do drop in coverage you could put one or both of them there and screw with the way the QB/C calls out the blocking assignments and possibly get a free run at the QB from the edge.

I don’t remember Mack dropping into coverage the way Chubb and Miller have but I guess that’s because Floyd isn’t a great edge rusher at this point in his career.

Too much (bad) creativity on the offense and not enough on the defensive side.
    I noticed Mack in coverage once but that is all i remembered

BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Does anyone remember when Dennis Allen was the defensive coordinator, and how he used Von in some games ? I can remember him moving Von all over the place, lining him up over the center, giving him opportunities to rush from different areas, and Von making plays doing so. It seems for years now Von is just lined up on the same edge, and told to win. With Von now losing his one on one match ups more than ever, and offenses knowing what he can do, why not move him around and try to exploit different match ups ?