Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 169
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Everyone seems to be wrong except the two people making the arguement

    NFL next stats is wrong
    Tony Romo is wrong
    I am wrong in the triple team attention I pointed out that was completely forgotten about and you called me a liar for saying I watched the Charger game and pointed out a particular play and time it happened

    Do you even notice all the people you are saying are wrong in an effort to make your point?
    I provided you with a detailed analysis done by a writer showing the stat was inaccurate. You havenít disputed the analysis with any evidence.

    Tony Romo commented on a play, he didnít go back and watch the film from multiple games.

    Have you noticed youíre the only one still defending the notion Von get all the extra attention?

    While youíre bringing up Romo, did you catch the exchange between Nance and Romo during the broadcast? They said Vonís agent had to give him a pep talk. Thatís an agent admitting his guy was slacking.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    I provided you with a detailed analysis done by a writer showing the stat was inaccurate. You haven’t disputed the analysis with any evidence.

    Tony Romo commented on a play, he didn’t go back and watch the film from multiple games.

    Have you noticed you’re the only one still defending the notion Von get all the extra attention?

    While you’re bringing up Romo, did you catch the exchange between Nance and Romo during the broadcast? They said Von’s agent had to give him a pep talk. That’s an agent admitting his guy was slacking.
    From pep talk to you're a slacker. Absent any info, that's quite a stretch.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    2,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    I provided you with a detailed analysis done by a writer showing the stat was inaccurate. You haven’t disputed the analysis with any evidence.

    Tony Romo commented on a play, he didn’t go back and watch the film from multiple games.

    Have you noticed you’re the only one still defending the notion Von get all the extra attention?

    While you’re bringing up Romo, did you catch the exchange between Nance and Romo during the broadcast? They said Von’s agent had to give him a pep talk. That’s an agent admitting his guy was slacking.
    Just because Hadez is the only one actively arguing his point, doesn't mean others don't disagree with his assessment.

    Many others just don't have time (or care enough) to get into a fruitless online argument.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    From pep talk to you're a slacker. Absent any info, that's quite a stretch.
    The fact that his agent had a talk with him validated what weíve seen from Von since late last season. Nantz and Romo mentioned his agent had to remind Von heís being paid a lot to play. Since last season Von went five games without a sack. Watching his effort over the first three games he didnít play at the level heís capable. Whether we want to get into how much he was double teamed or had one on one matchups, I saw a guy moving at 3/4 speed, not attacking like he should. Over five games he has the 29th ranked pass rush win rate. His best win rate was against Schofield, which boosted his win rate. He definitely stepped up against the Jaguars and Chargers. There were good plays he made that donít show up as sacks. From what it sounds like his agent had to remind him, in his own way to put more effort on the field. His effort over five games before the Jags game sure looked like he was slacking, IMO.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    Just because Hadez is the only one actively arguing his point, doesn't mean others don't disagree with his assessment.

    Many others just don't have time (or care enough) to get into a fruitless online argument.
    I had plenty of fruit today, so Iím good.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Red 98 - Red 98
    Posts
    14,869
    I loved seeing Von forcing that bad pass which turned into our INT this week.

    Vic sent him to the right side. I'd like to see a lil more of Von getting moved around.

    Von is and has always been totally in River's head
    Red 98

    The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,716
    I also was a huge fan of Von moving around, it seems like it has been a long time since we seen that. I went back and watched the front 7 play fromt he game against the Chargers, and again, Von is so good in playing the run. I am shocked from where he came from and how he has developed into an elite edge run defender. It isn't a pretty job, and I guess you could say he doesn't get paid for that, we want the impact plays, but he is great at it.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,191
    Von Miller should be a Denver Bronco For Life ! Von Miller is a PlayMaker !!

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,899
    Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    Von Miller should be a Denver Bronco For Life ! Von Miller is a PlayMaker !!
    When he WANTS to be. Lately, except for the last two games, his "want" was sorely lacking. Completely unacceptable considering what he is getting paid

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,650
    Is there a site that shows how much Von and Mack have been double teamed?

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Is there a site that shows how much Von and Mack have been double teamed?
    Next Gen tracks the double teams but not sure if you need a subscription. Iíve tried to access and havenít found them. Sometimes a sports writer will post a snapshot mid season.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    225
    Time to trade Von. I know many are against it, but the team will be a few years before they are truly competitive again and Von will be on the wrong side of his career before that happens. Still a very good football player but not the same explosive player he once was. If you can get a #1 pick or two, you do it. This is what NE has done for years, move on before players slip and provide no value for the money you pay them.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,258
    Von had zero tackles vs KC according to ESPN. Dating back to the last two games of 2018, Von has 2.5 sacks in 9 games.Take that in for a moment. Von is no longer an elite player or doesnít care enough to play hard, maybe both. I would be shocked if a team would give up a 1st round pick. At best a 2nd round pick considering his contract. Iím not convinced a team would offer a 2nd round pick based on the way heís played over the last 9 games.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    15,890
    Considering the recent games

    I was always dead set against trading von, a generational player, but one that seems totally ineffective
    Yes he gets doubled and chipped... but he was doubled and chipped his entire career and was a terror and a focus of every offense game plan

    Heís not even a threat anymore whether thatís by effort, scheme or declining ability or a combination I would not be opposed to trading him for a LT

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,716
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Yes he gets doubled and chipped... but he was doubled and chipped his entire career and was a terror and a focus of every offense game plan
    That is not entirely true. Yes, Von is obviously a focus of teams offensive game plans, but you cannot double team a player for an entire game, it just isn't sustainable for an offense to do that. Von has always had heaps of one on one opportunities throughout his career, he just doesn't seem to be winning them anymore. Look at the video below showing every single one of Von Millers career sacks coming into this year, very few are him beating double teams. And I am not saying that he didn't beat double teams for pressures, or hits, or anything like that, just that the big impact plays, the sacks and the forced fumbles, them big time plays always came when he seen one on one match ups, something he has been getting plenty of over the last 2 years. I am also not saying that it is a negative, or anything close to that, just that it shows Von has always had one on one opportunities, he just doesn't capitalise anymore when he does. Watching the video as well, he looks a lot heavier now than he did back then.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •