Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    My sentiment exactly. This looked like a poorly coached team...it brought back horrible memories.

All three phases of our team be like:

Ya I had that same feeling I hope to see a much improved team this Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by GMTD View Post
    I think we'll stop talking about this once we get decent pressure up the middle.
    I'm with you on this...disappointed this wasn't addressed aggressively in the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    I wasn't not clear, I meant holding on offense or defense on the line on any given play... or at least on most plays.
    Officials rarely if ever miss block in the back on returns...holding calls not so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Von didn't need to be double against RT Brown. Brown is a monster and hard to go through with his size. With Carr releasing the ball in under 3 seconds prevents von from using his only strength against Brown...speed. We should have known von wasn't going to do much against the pass. Chubb on the other hand should have taken advantage of his at hip but quick released kill pass rush.

Doesnt help von either when he is playing 95% of the plays vs around 70% last year.
    Von didnít have enough speed to get around Brown. With respect to power the TEs had no problem handling Von. I saw the same thing last season vs Raiders - there was a play the TE grabbed Von and tossed him aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    I think there is flagrant holding on every snap.

Some Miller quotes that might easily explain his absence this game:

This was regarding Trent Brown, then with the 49ers. He is now the RT for the Raiders. While it's safe to assume Miller may not be as explosive as he once was, going up against a player whom commands Millers respect and praise says something.
    It's just says he can't hack it. He was runnin scared.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    It was just an overall dreadful performance by all the entire team I can only hope that they right the ship by Sunday.
    Let us hope they do.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

If Carr is getting the ball out in 2.5 seconds no one is getting to him. He did the same thing to us a few years ago. This type of play is a lot easier at home than on the road for a quarterback.

Quit overreacting people.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    If Carr is getting the ball out in 2.5 seconds no one is getting to him. He did the same thing to us a few years ago. This type of play is a lot easier at home than on the road for a quarterback.

This^^^^^^^^

Well, whatever the case, the defense laid an egg out there on Monday. All this talk of being a likely top-10 defense, and they went out and made the Raiders look amazing which I don't think they are. Seriously, this lauded defense, this lauded pass rush didn't have ANY quarterback hits and NO sacks and minimal tackles for loss? Carr was near-perfect in the first half. That's just getting your butt whipped and there ain't no excuse about it. I don't care what kind of scheme they were running, I don't care how good the RT is, I don't care about our scheme and rookie coaches, I don't care about anything else, Von is supposed to be elite and that means being able to overcome all of this and make plays and CLEARLY he didn't.

All this hype and it was abysmal, I guess that's why they play the games.
    Maybe we should resign Rahim Moore so he could finally get the chance to knock down a Joe Flacco pass?

Von Miller is great...but heís not the greatest. Von Miller is our all time sack leader...yeah but he had help with Doom, Ware and Chubb. Von Miller is a SB MVP...yeah but he was helped by Malik and our interior line. Von Miller is a future HOF...yeah but heís not the best HOF.

Von Miller is one of the best Broncos of all time. He wonít win every play and maybe he is slipping, but he is still considered one of the best to play the game right now. Maybe the double team thing is a myth, but he has still produced at a HOF level.

What is your point for this thread? Get rid of him? Heís overrated? Your frustrations need to be directed to someone? Reggie White has 1 Super Bowl, Bruce Smith has 0, Peppers has 0, Greene has 1, Ware has 1.

Von is amazing and he is still one of the best...doubled teamed or not. Takes more than one player.

Sorry for venting, but if he met everyoneís expectations he would have more sacks per game average than 2-3 others above him. It couldnít hurt to point out the good rather than always trying to prove the bad.
    Last edited by Shiz; 09-11-2019 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post

Bingo. The Raiders spent most of the game running replacement routes. Knowing the LBs would be moving somewhere after the snap the receivers were often going directly to where the LB lined up presnap. You've got 8 completions that were basically running to space vacated by defenders.

You've got 7 completions that were short left passes, either screens, quick passes to RBs or throws to receivers when the defender was off the line.

There were maybe 8 attempts that were down the field where you're actually asking your O-line to hold up because you might not have time to get the pass off.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/...97/2019/1/pass

Oh well week 1 is always followed by overreaction Monday, where people take what they saw in week 1 and act as if that's what we'll see all season. When in reality most of it is fool's gold and will quickly start falling apart in week 2. Baltimore isn't that good. Pittsburgh isn't that bad. KC isn't an unstoppable machine.

Some of the highlights from Overreaction Monday in 2018: Baltimore was an unstoppable offensive force (Beat Buffalo 47-3), The Bucs had finally figured things out (beat NO in NO 48-40), the Colts were in for a long season (lost at home to Cincy 34-23), Hue Jackson had the Browns where he needed them (tied Pittsburgh 21-21 after the Cleveland kicker missed a couple of kicks), and the Broncos were back after beating Seattle.

Just like in 2018, and every year before that, week 2 will start showing us what is real and what isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    In Vonís defense, as weak as it may be, he has been repeatedly held, in the past, without flags being thrown, so he might have trouble getting fired up to play.
    If this is the case then he needs to do what I saw Norman do on Sunday. Turn your body and move in such a way that the hold is too flagrant NOT to call.

Also if Von cannot play at an elite level then we should be moving on. His salary is substantive and we could be using those dollars for a LT and other lineman.

It's games like this that have me putting Mack above Miller even though the stats are similar. I've never seen Mack just disappear for a full game. He might not make the stat sheet but he will be in the backfield disrupting plays a least 1 in 4 snaps. Not sure I saw Von blow up a single play vs Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by jdhdiggs View Post
    It's games like this that have me putting Mack above Miller even though the stats are similar. I've never seen Mack just disappear for a full game. He might not make the stat sheet but he will be in the backfield disrupting plays a least 1 in 4 snaps. Not sure I saw Von blow up a single play vs Raiders.
    Mack is a more complete player, but even he will disappear some games. That's just the nature of being a pass rusher.

If the QB is getting the ball out at the top of a 3 step drop no edge player will get there, literally every thing has to go perfect for them to get there, time the snap perfect, bend perfectly to avoid the OT, and explode towards the QB and even then you have to hope the ball isnít already out.

The interior rushers will have to push the oline into the QB to force him to try and buy some time. But a dline of 3 280 pound guys isnít going to push around a group of 5 330 pound guys like that. Thatís why it was a terrible idea to constantly have the CBs so far off, it might as well have been minicamp for Carr and company. No one is disrupting any timing like that, now if Harris, Wolfe, and Gotsis can get in the face of the QB then itíll disrupt that quick game and allow Chubb and Miller to attack the QB if they arenít in coverage.