Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread: 72 can't play

Quote Originally Posted by donnyrides View Post
    I watched up until his second holding penalty. I would have told him to leave his helmet and pads on the sideline and leave.
    Just cut Flacco too. Don't care about the money, just cut him. He's a loser (in football sense, I'm sure he's a great human) and his body language is spreading. Can't wait for Lock to come back. At least when he sucks I can blame it on being a rookie.

I just don't know how these things happen to such a successful organization. Sure they can't find a qb, but come on. TEs can't catch, DBs can't catch. Sanders and Miller should be traded. Not because of their performance but because they don't deserve to be on such a poorly constructed team.

Next draft: only pick OTs and trade whoever you have to until you get a O-line that can hold up for 3 seconds and is capable of opening a whole.
    Next draft after that: find a qb that plays current era football. Pocket passers are dead unless they are named Tom Brady or Drew Brees, both of which will run if needed. Today's NFL has to give a scare of a QB taking off for 10 yards. I'd love to have a playmaker like Lamar Jackson that can at least sense when a play is dead and turn it into 5 or more yards with his legs.

Defense DOES NOT WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS anymore. The rules favor the offense, lets take advantage of that!!

final note. 72 Can't Play.
    The Rams would disagree after losing to the Patriots 13-3 in the Super Bowl.

Otherwise, agree with a few things in your post. Bolles should be done.

I watched up until his second holding penalty. I would have told him to leave his helmet and pads on the sideline and leave.
    Just cut Flacco too. Don't care about the money, just cut him. He's a loser (in football sense, I'm sure he's a great human) and his body language is spreading. Can't wait for Lock to come back. At least when he sucks I can blame it on being a rookie.

I just don't know how these things happen to such a successful organization. Sure they can't find a qb, but come on. TEs can't catch, DBs can't catch. Sanders and Miller should be traded. Not because of their performance but because they don't deserve to be on such a poorly constructed team.

Next draft: only pick OTs and trade whoever you have to until you get a O-line that can hold up for 3 seconds and is capable of opening a whole.
    Next draft after that: find a qb that plays current era football. Pocket passers are dead unless they are named Tom Brady or Drew Brees, both of which will run if needed. Today's NFL has to give a scare of a QB taking off for 10 yards. I'd love to have a playmaker like Lamar Jackson that can at least sense when a play is dead and turn it into 5 or more yards with his legs.

Defense DOES NOT WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS anymore. The rules favor the offense, lets take advantage of that!!

The same thing was said in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Pretty sure we could find a better LT on the street than Bolles right now.
    Id agree but only if we get a new scouting department to find one because right now our current FO gave us a turnstile tackle on one side and a pro wrestler on the other.

Itís almost horrifying to think of what theyd find next. Perhaps a pancake machine that we can nickname ďthe trap doorĒ!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 10-18-2019 at 07:30 PM.

Defense DOES NOT WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS anymore.
    The rules favor the offense, lets take advantage of that!!

this is an incorrect STatement. the pats D won them the last Super bowl.

i think if you look at teh last 10 super bowls the team with the better defense won it

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    The same thing was said in 2015.

Defense won last year SB as well.

Defense ABSOLUTELY wins championships. That was true in the past, it's true now, and it will remain true as long as the NFL lasts. The problem for us is, you need an offense to get you to the playoffs before your defense can shine. Shutting out the Titans in week 6 doesn't get you a championship.

We're wasting a good defense on an offense led by a guy that has been middle of the road for most of his career who is now over the hill and doesn't seem to have much competitive fire left. Put a guy that is past his prime that is more interested in cashing a check than winning behind a line like ours and you get performances like Thursday night.

Get Juwan James back and name a new starter at QB that actually wants to compete and I'm sure the o-line will start to look improved. Bolles will probably still get a few holding calls because he seems addicted to them, but as long as we move on from Flacco, we'll finally be able to have something to look forward to.
    Last edited by Megalodon30; 10-19-2019 at 09:22 AM.

LOL, ok so defense will ALWAYS WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS. That's something that will never change. Why weren't the Chiefs in the super bowl last year again??? Oh yeah.....THEY COULDN'T STOP ANYONE

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

One thing is proven is the the team who dominates the line of scrimmage imposes their will.

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    One thing is proven is the the team who dominates the line of scrimmage imposes their will.
    Football is definitely won in the trenches

Absolutely, your starting offensive line needs to be an anchor and your defensive line needs to be penetrating. The game is so much easier when that happens and fans are Happy!!!!!

Everyone focusing on Bolles is letting Leary and Wilkenson get away with even more horrible play.

Also, what's up with McGovern and his snaps? They're all over the place, just like they were in pre-season and last season.

Risner isn't the stud everyone makes him out to be either. Granted, he's a rook so he gets some leeway

The entire Oline is having problems and the coaches seem oblivious as to how to help them. Wilkenson gets abused play after play and never gets a TE or RB on his side to help. It makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Narco View Post
    Everyone focusing on Bolles is letting Leary and Wilkenson get away with even more horrible play.

Also, what's up with McGovern and his snaps? They're all over the place, just like they were in pre-season and last season.

Risner isn't the stud everyone makes him out to be either. Granted, he's a rook so he gets some leeway

The entire Oline is having problems and the coaches seem oblivious as to how to help them. Wilkenson gets abused play after play and never gets a TE or RB on his side to help. It makes no sense.
    There have been comments critical of the other players. Bolles was a 1st round pick and had 39 games at LT. He gets the most criticism because heís proven unreliable over multiple seasons. This is McGovernís first season at center. While he might not be a long term solution at center, heís only played 7 games at the position. Wilkinson has struggled some at RT, but heís a depth player not a starter. I thought he was ready to take the next step but obviously wasnít. However, Wilkinson has shown solid growth from coming to Denver as an UDFA. He likely has room for growth based on how heís improved over the last two years. Wilkinson should slide over to replace Leary when James returns. Leary is washed up and needs to retire.

We just got reminded of that Thursday.
    Our oline couldnít do anything in the run game either.

Quote Originally Posted by Narco View Post

This was my post a few pages back.....

"The real issue on the line is Wilkinson. Wilkinson has allowed the most sacks this season, not just for the Broncos but in the NFL, and is at a disadvantage playing tackle because of his lack of athleticism. We need James back asap!!!!"

Imo, when James is fully healthy and ready for action Fangio needs to flip Bolles and Risner. Might not make that big of a difference but it should be at least investigated. Or move Leary to LG and put Bolles at RG

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    This was my post a few pages back.....

"The real issue on the line is Wilkinson. Wilkinson has allowed the most sacks this season, not just for the Broncos but in the NFL, and is at a disadvantage playing tackle because of his lack of athleticism. We need James back asap!!!!"

Imo, when James is fully healthy and ready for action Fangio needs to flip Bolles and Risner. Might not make that big of a difference but it should be at least investigated. Or move Leary to LG and put Bolles at RG
    Iím glad to hear someone call out Wilkinson.
    The guy is getting beat so bad he canít hold!
    He was allowing his guy a free run at Flacco, and that is worse to me than holding.
    Donít get me wrong, canít have holding either but allowing the qb to get hit can result in a turnover and that is a lot worse than having to punt.