Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 72 can't play

He does get to many holding calls, but in all fairness he was going against the best in the NFL last week in Mack.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    He does get to many holding calls, but in all fairness he was going against the best in the NFL last week in Mack.
    Which would be understandable if he wasn't getting just as many holding calls against players who are not as good as Mack. He holds and as stated in the article I previously posted, his team mates are talking to him, they are watching film with him and breaking down what he is doing wrong and yet he does not change his playing techniques, does not seem to care and in the end blames everyone but him self. His excuse is, everyone is out to get me. It's time he is cut and me move on from thwas losses because we leave points on the field because of penalties.

2017 and 2018 penalty stats...
    https://www.pro-football-reference.c...a00/penalties/
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 09-18-2019 at 06:14 AM.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Which would be understandable if he wasn't getting just as many holding calls against players who are not as good as Mack. He holds and as stated in the article I previously posted, his team mates are talking to him, they are watching film with him and breaking down what he is doing wrong and yet he does not change his playing techniques, does not seem to care and in the end blames everyone but him self. His excuse is, everyone is out to get me. It's time he is cut and me move on from thwas losses because we leave points on the field because of penalties.

I was yelling at the TV on Sunday.
    I was beyond frustrated with him.

The dude is a full blown 1st round bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Which would be understandable if he wasn't getting just as many holding calls against players who are not as good as Mack. He holds and as stated in the article I previously posted, his team mates are talking to him, they are watching film with him and breaking down what he is doing wrong and yet he does not change his playing techniques, does not seem to care andt in the end blames everyone but him self. His excuse is, everyone is out to get me. It's time he is cut and me move on from thwas losses because we leave points on the field because of penalties.

There are a few things which I wanted to touch on with this.

1. It is clear based on Garret's comments that for some reason he is equating being physical and needing to completely finish blocks no matter what. What I believe garret is having issues with is that sometimes using hands and body position is JUST as good as trying to maul a guy.

2. Fangio subtly indicated that Rodgers move up from the PS may well have been to have his end up as the RT and WIlkinson move over to the left side if Bolles continues this. He made a subtle comment in this last presser.

3. The other players are clearly frustrated with Bolles and the fact that he is NOT listening to him. None of them indicated that this will be their first conversation with him....I find that telling.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    The dude is a full blown 1st round bust.
    IMO - based on where he is now Bolles will be a top tier NFL LT backup. For example Bolles would be a good LT backup for the Cowboys. Their LT has been hurt a fair amount and therefore there is a good chance a backup will be needed. If there is another similar situation to that then I'd say he'd fit that situation as well.Go to a team which has a BETTER LT but one who is nearing the end and you now will need to have a backup inserted into the Lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    IMO - based on where he is now Bolles will be a top tier NFL LT backup. For example Bolles would be a good LT backup for the Cowboys. Their LT has been hurt a fair amount and therefore there is a good chance a backup will be needed. If there is another similar situation to that then I'd say he'd fit that situation as well.Go to a team which has a BETTER LT but one who is nearing the end and you now will need to have a backup inserted into the Lineup.
    Playing backup for another team sounds like a bust for the Broncos.

John Elway ripped Bolles today, it looks like thereís going to be an end to this one way or the other. Either Bolles fixes himself or heís gonna get benched soon

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    John Elway ripped Bolles today, it looks like thereís going to be an end to this one way or the other. Either Bolles fixes himself or heís gonna get benched soon
    I didnít hear that part, what exactly did he say?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I didnít hear that part, what exactly did he say?
    https://mobile.twitter.com/redwardsr...83144360914950

Hereís the link to the tweet that I saw

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Playing backup for another team sounds like a bust for the Broncos.
    I think that all depends on what your expectations are. I think as a team our expectations are higher than the vast majority of the league. I do think that Bolles is a lower-end starting LT in the NFL. The difference with OUR team is that we expect our team to get a top-tier LT when we draft one in the 1st. I only mentioned that I think he'll end up being in that 'guaranteed' starting backup role is because I think the money for him will be about the same AND he'd likely be able to land on a team which wins.

Let's also not forget that Elway really needs to be held accountable as well. After all he drafted this guy and then failed to dip back in the draft and grab a better option or acquire one via FA. Let's also remember that the same year Bolles was drafted we had 1-3 top tier LT's who became available. Elway continued to hold onto his wallet and refused to pay the going rate for the truly top tier LT in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    I think that all depends on what your expectations are. I think as a team our expectations are higher than the vast majority of the league. I do think that Bolles is a lower-end starting LT in the NFL. The difference with OUR team is that we expect our team to get a top-tier LT when we draft one in the 1st. I only mentioned that I think he'll end up being in that 'guaranteed' starting backup role is because I think the money for him will be about the same AND he'd likely be able to land on a team which wins.

Let's also not forget that Elway really needs to be held accountable as well. After all he drafted this guy and then failed to dip back in the draft and grab a better option or acquire one via FA. Let's also remember that the same year Bolles was drafted we had 1-3 top tier LT's who became available. Elway continued to hold onto his wallet and refused to pay the going rate for the truly top tier LT in the league.
    I personally believe a first round pick is expected to be a mainstay starter. Especially at that position. Doesnít really have to be a superstar, but a 1st round pick should be a starter. Heís been a pretty bad player and youíre right that he will probably end up as a back up for another team. - just like a lot of our high round picks.

I hold Elway totally accountable for the generally poor state of the oline and the team as a whole. Not a darn thing I can do about it other than whine on a message board, but heís the guy at the controls.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    To be double fair, Mack played mostly on the right tackle side and Wilkinson did an OK job on him

BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I didn’t hear that part, what exactly did he say?
    https://koacolorado.iheart.com/featu...ir-john-elway/
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

The only way to revive Bolles career is to move him inside. Leary needs to be replaced, so maybe that would be a good fit.