Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: 72 can't play

I think he is doing better for sure. I hope that the fans booing him and Elway calling him out got the message through finally and he has turned a corner. Everyone has some bad plays and he will be no different but he certainly played much better over all this week What bothers me about him is some of the things things that come out of his mouth, none of these are word for word by any means but I seem to remember the following

They got ME a left guard, before the season
    After the 4 holding call game, I have a reputation for holding, I disagree, then somehow turned it on the refs
    Just recently he said something to the effect of, I think I have done a phenomenal job this year from last year of just being consistent.... ..... reeely , at what holding or being inconsistent

Maybe, my opinion is a bit tainted and I am being too hard on the guy. But he reminds me of Jamarcus Russell. Its always someone elses problem and fault.I think that that is his biggest issue. I hope that this is a turning point, but personally, I will believe it when I see it.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Per PFF - In the past three weeks, Garett Bolles is the No. 4-rated pass blocking OT in the league in @PFFís rankings.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DenverBronc...bolles_is_the/

We can only hope this kid gets coached up and gets it together!
    It would be great, and everybody can be happy he is developing into a good Player, and is a good draft pick for The Broncos and Elway.

Still think we should be looking to draft OT in the first this year, move Bolles to G to replace Leary.
    New England Patriots GM

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    Wish I had the time to "break down film" on players. As it is, I barely have time to "break down" the daily tasks of adulthood, lol!
    yea it does take a lot of time to do it properly. Before my current job I had a lot more time to do it. After learning some business standards for gathering data I learned a lot breaking down film. The key it to go into it with the mindset "I am going to learn something"
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

Ladies and gentlemen, the Denver Broncos have an identity but for it to succeed one of two things needs to happen - or both:

Find an LT who can block
    Find a QB who can move
    I know that it wonít likely be a popular opinion today to throw shade at anyone and the team as a whole played really well and deserved a win but since the MHR staff has already done such a great job discussing the victory, Iíll discuss something not quite as pleasant. Before I do so though I just want to say that it was an enjoyable game to watch as the run game continues to get better, Courtland Sutton and Phillip Lindsay are monsters and the defense looked like they finally understood what they were doing. But again, three big mistakes by Flacco and Garett Bolles almost cost the Broncos the game and eventually you have to say enough is enough.

Iíve only watched the game once - Iíll go back and watch it again this week - but I could swear that Joe Flacco rolled or at least moved to his right on just about every pass play of the second half. Thatís not good because Joe Flacco struggles when rolling to his right. He takes so long to get into a throwing position that the play has already developed and thereís nothing left to do but throw the ball away. Itís clearly not a strength and it looks to me to be a bad weakness for the big QB and thatís okay, he does some other things quite well like standing tall in the pocket in the face of pressure. The problem is that he canít stand in the pocket because he has zero faith in his Left Tackle (and rightly so). Which forces us to wonder how this situation can be fixed.

Personally, I would love to see Drew Lock get in there and show what some mobile legs would do in the Scangarello offense but if thatís not going to happen in 2019 then at least they need to bring in literally anyone else at LT. Bolles has proven that he is incapable of learning (or blocking) and as in any relationship the key for it to work is trust. Flacco is seemingly giving up on the big guy and itís time the team tried something different.

All of that said, itís a win and a good one at that as the team showed grit and toughness and a whole lot of talent. With a few fixes - some big and some small - this team really could be close to being something special again. For that to happen though, someone needs to go, either Flacco or Bolles.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/...garrett-bolles
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Thread has been cleaned by a couple of mods today.

Keep the personal out and stay on topic, please.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Bolles, imo, has been a lot better in the last few games. The real issue on the line is Wilkinson. Wilkinson has allowed the most sacks this season, not just for the Broncos but in the NFL, and is at a disadvantage playing tackle because of his lack of athleticism. We need James back asap!!!!

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

I thought James would be back this week

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    I thought James would be back this week
    the thought is probably to rest him, since the Chiefs don't have the greatest pass rush.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Any thoughts Bolles improved can be dismissed. Holding again.....

Oh Garrett.... two thus far..

He might be the worst LT in league history.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    the thought is probably to rest him, since the Chiefs don't have the greatest pass rush.
    This didn't age well

BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Bolles, imo, has been a lot better in the last few games. The real issue on the line is Wilkinson. Wilkinson has allowed the most sacks this season, not just for the Broncos but in the NFL, and is at a disadvantage playing tackle because of his lack of athleticism. We need James back asap!!!!
    I do not think I have seen any T in the history of the NFL get beat as quick on the outside move as Wilkinson did multiple times tonight.

It was not even a very good out side move...he looked like a guy barely able to play guard in college trying to play tackle in the NFL

who ever is scouting OL on this team need to find a new job
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy