Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: 72 can't play

cripes lets see how he does when he isn't solo blocking some guy named mack

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    I think we are past that, now.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    I think we are past that, now.
    No we aren't, Bolles is still holding on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    No we aren't, Bolles is still holding on.
    Hehe clever clever

Flacco's new cadence: Hold 72, Hold 72, hut hut hike

Bolles costs us every single game and usually after a big play. We are all waiting after a 20-30 yd gain for the flags. With the season almost gone, get creative. With Stink & now Sanders calling him out I fear the path is to let him go at the end of the season. All options till then should be on the table. I don't think bringing in Zim or anyone can help him. I heard this week he scored an 9 on the Wonderlic test. In the HISTORY of that test about 12 total have scored lower. After we get killed at GB & with Stink who knows O Line piling on, bring in O Line from another practice squad or the street. I can't believe in the whole US he is the best we can do. Bolles is believed to be the team's weak link on the offensive line by many fans and pundits. If Bolles shows improvement this season, the Broncos might be able to crack the top-10 in PFF's offensive line rankings.
    Bronco Bob

other players go against Mack every week. I don't see them having the same issues.

Bolles has only lined up against Mack in three of 34 games played. Mack isn’t his problem. Playing football is his problem.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    other players go against Mack every week. I don't see them having the same issues.
    ...and not all of those players were drafted in the 1st round, first lineman taken in their draft class.

Za’Darian Smith this week, it’ll be another challenge. Not everyone is on Mack’s level of dominance but all of these pass rushers are extremely fast posing different styles for Bolles to counter.

I love the broncos more than ever but I can’t put a lot of emotion into big plays down the field from our offense because at this point they can all be called back.

I say that because watching film earlier, there was a lot more holding by Bolles that could had been called however the officials let them slide.

You don’t think no other tackle ever holds Mack?

Lol

Ya they give up five sacks like schofield and sambrailo did when they played Mack

Lol

Ya they give up five sacks like schofield and sambrailo did when they played Mack
    Schofield was a 3rd round prospect. Sambrailo was a 2nd round pick. Not to mention they didn’t have 33 games starting experience like Bolles before going up against Mack. Comparing them to the first lineman picked in a draft class is laughable.

Lol

Schofield was a rookie who wasn't supposed to see the field that season and is now playing OG and Sambrailo is a backup. Bolles led the league last year with 9 holding penalties. He will smash that number real quick at this rate.

That wasn't even a good try at making a point...
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 09-17-2019 at 08:08 PM.

Schofield was a rookie who wasn't supposed to see the field that season and is now playing OG and Sambrailo is a backup. Bolles led the league last year with 9 holding penalties. He will smash that number real quick at this rate.

That wasn't even a good try at making a point...
    Ironically, that game more than likely cost Von DPOY

Finally someone said it.

Ignoring press conference “coach speak,” Emmanuel Sanders said what everyone’s thinking - Garett Bolles has a holding problem and he needs to fix it ASAP.

“Obviously to say that he’s been alright is not OK,” Sanders said. “He needs to understand that he is doing something wrong because they keep throwing the flags on him and he keeps holding.”

Truth.

Calling his teammates a “band of brothers,” Sanders said he’ll keep talking to Bolles and breaking down film to hopefully “see him make that jump and get that debt off his back because it’s been happening for like two or three years.”

Sanders implied that Bolles has been resistant to changing given that he keeps getting the yellow flag. This is consistent with what we see on the field when he shakes his head at every call and even what we heard in his post-game comments that he thinks he’s developed an unfair reputation.

Even Fangio implied subtly yesterday that while coaches need to do a better job explaining it to Bolles, he needs to “do a better job listening.”

Because it’s not like no one has tried to help him.

“I’ve talked to him,” Sanders said when asked if he tries to help Bolles mid-game. “Everybody’s trying to talk to him, so we’ll see.”

Sanders, who had 11 catches for 98 yards and one TD, was clearly frustrated over the outcome of Sunday’s game - and rightfully so. After being the reason the team was even in a position to win, it hurts Sanders to think points were left on the field because of stalled drives from penalties and/or other mistakes.

“Obviously, we drove the ball on the Raiders and the Bears, but we always stall out like midfield or the 40,” Sanders said. “We have to end these drives. You want to end with a touchdown, but if you get into that area you’re going to at least get a field goal out of it.”

“Was that a career high in receptions? Because in college I caught like 22 passes in one game or something like that. I was in the Run ‘N Shoot with June Jones,” he laughed. “I don’t think about that stuff. I just think about wins and losses, and right now we’re 0-2. I just want to get a win.”

https://www.milehighreport.com/platf...mpression=true
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey