Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 72 can't play

S-O-M-E-B-O-D-Y needs to have a serious sit down with Bolles and clearly explain the Denver Broncos' core philosophies...he actually impeded FLACCO's performance last night rather than supporting his directives...GO BRONCS!!!

If Bolles is really commenting about how he doesn't think he has a holding problem, we (and he) have a huge problem on our hands.

There are five stages of grief - he is currently in the first Denial.

Denial - "I don't hold. I don't have a reputation like that"

Anger - ???

Bargaining - ??

Depression - ?

Acceptance - ?

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    Look at it this way. He followed those three with Chubb, Fant, and TBD. Maybe he has a three year span as good as that one was bad.
    You couldn’t say he followed with Fant, Risner, lock, and TBD,...as he tuned that 10 pick into those three..
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Hope Wilkinson is solid at right tackle and when James is healthy he can slide over to the left side.
    Bench Bolles and see how he reacts. If he has a good attitude, great allow him to come in as a blocking tight end, and he can be first guy off the bench.
    He has a bad attitude make an example out of him, and cut him.

72 is not even the most penalized OL on the team

65 has more holding penalties (3 to 2) and twice as many total penalties when we include false starts.

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/pen....html?sort=hld
    Win lose or tie Bronco fan til I die

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    72 is not even the most penalized OL on the team

65 has more holding penalties (3 to 2) and twice as many total penalties when we include false starts.

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/pen....html?sort=hld
    Ugh he had 4 last night im pretty sure

Fangio said Risner could be a possibility at LT

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

The problem with Bolles goes beyond the holding penalties. His teammates were publicly supporting him yesterday, but that wonít last. I have to believe some players already despise him. Heís been coddled and given more chances because he was a 1st round pick, one of Elwayís picks. Other players donít get the same slack. There are more talented players whoíve been cut just because there arenít enough roster spots. Schlereth talked about this topic today. Bolles will negatively affect the moral of the line and the entire offense. If Fangio backs up the tough talk, heíll bench Bolles when James returns by swinging Wilkinson to LT. Itís nothing personal against Bolles but he better be done as a starter. No way heís earned a second contract. Just another bust in a growing list for Elway.

I think we need to give him a fair opportunity to work with Munchak and see what he can do. He definitely has some strengths and I'm not one to make a snap reaction after his worst game as a Bronco. I like his intensity and I hope he can improve and put this behind him. Maybe he needed to bottom out like this to see that he really needs help eliminating the holding calls and hopefully Munchak can do that. I do agree though that benching him might wake him up and let him see that nothing is guaranteed in this league. I'm just not ready to give up on him quite yet.
    Proud resident of Broncos Country!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Fangio said Risner could be a possibility at LT
    I know Bolles is beyond pathetic at the position but I think they should only exercise this scenario if he gets hurt.

I donít want Risnersí progress halted like DeMarcus Walkers was. Now I know Risner is sooo much better at his position than Walker but I think we just need to leave him be and Perhaps move Wilkenson over to the LT while bumping Rogers tobthe active roster or perhaps trade for another teams back up.

I know Elway doesnít like draft pick for player trades but he may not have a choice here.

Munchak is a great coach, but that wonít matter with a player who refuses to own his play. See his comments below in bold after the game yesterday. Total lack of ownership and awareness of the situation.

ďIt was frustrating. Iíve built a reputation for myself in this league of holding. I disagree with it, to be honest. There are some calls I disagree with, and there are some things that I understand. I have to go back and watch the film and see what I can do. But I have the best o-line coach in the National Football League with coach [Mike] Munchak. Iím grateful for him. I know heís going to get me on the right path and just believe in me. I know my teammates believe in me, I know my coaches believe in me, I know the front office believes in me. Iím going to turn this around. I promise you all that. I promise Broncos Country that. I promise my teammates that. That was just unfortunate that they keep coming after me, but it is what it is. Like I said, I disagree with some of them. Iíve got to move forward and get back to work on Monday.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by snowman33 View Post
    I think we need to give him a fair opportunity to work with Munchak and see what he can do. He definitely has some strengths and I'm not one to make a snap reaction after his worst game as a Bronco. I like his intensity and I hope he can improve and put this behind him. Maybe he needed to bottom out like this to see that he really needs help eliminating the holding calls and hopefully Munchak can do that. I do agree though that benching him might wake him up and let him see that nothing is guaranteed in this league. I'm just not ready to give up on him quite yet.
    it isn't a snap reaction when he has been doing it for years....

He's had over 2 years, it's like he doesn't want to learn or can't. Either way it's time to dump his butt. BTW he's ruined the number 72 for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Countess'Bronc View Post
    S-O-M-E-B-O-D-Y needs to have a serious sit down with Bolles and clearly explain the Denver Broncos' core philosophies...he actually impeded FLACCO's performance last night rather than supporting his directives...GO BRONCS!!!
    Would it be ethical if they taped his left arm to his side while going against the scout team?

There are no plays in the play book for 2nd and 20 and every hold that Bolles commits could be ruled as a sack in reality because of the penalty yards lost!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Would it be ethical if they taped his left arm to his side while going against the scout team?

There are no plays in the play book for 2nd and 20 and every hold that Bolles commits could be ruled as a sack in reality because of the penalty yards lost!
    I supported the guy, like his story...

Then the focus on the “what me?” Antic Yesterday really puts me off him....
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich