Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 72 can't play

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Some part of me feels like Elway is still pushing to have certain players play.
    It could be the case or coaches perception of Elway wanting some players to get more chances. It might come down to the coaches believing Bolles is the best option. Not saying its right.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    I'm not convinced they do either.

Watching the team the last couple of seasons, there's a lot of players that just don't seem like they're giving the effort they could be. I suspect this whole Bolles mess could be one of the reasons. No accountability if you're a 1st round pick, apparently.
    Why should Bolles go out of his way to take accountability for his failures when at the very top of the organization there is none? This franchise is a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Why should Bolles go out of his way to take accountability for his failures when at the very top of the organization there is none? This franchise is a mess.
    Nailed it...

That's definitely a take I disagree with strongly

I'm going to be optimistic and interested in seeing Bolles put in a decent game today. Could be wishful thinking but not unprecedented. I see Michael Schofield started every game for the Chargers last season and is their starter at G this season... Chris Clark has done decent since leaving the Broncos but did get a season ending injury in preseason with the Saints ... just being optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    I'm going to be optimistic and interested in seeing Bolles put in a decent game today. Could be wishful thinking but not unprecedented. I see Michael Schofield started every game for the Chargers last season and is their starter at G this season... Chris Clark has done decent since leaving the Broncos but did get a season ending injury in preseason with the Saints ... just being optimistic.

If Bolles plays well today it will be good for Flacco, Freeman/Lindsay and the offense. As far as Bolles, hes inconsistent and a liability. Even worse than playing poorly is his poor attitude demonstrated by complaining about being targeted. Schofield and Clark struggled in their careers but they carried themselves as professionals - grown men.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootleg View Post
    I got flagged for holding my phone while looking at this.

I really hope he has a flag-free game today. The media attention he's received from this must be on his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootleg View Post
    I really hope he has a flag-free game today. The media attention he's received from this must be on his mind.
    Flag free game for Bolles. But after a 16 point, 6 sack 3 turnover performance by the offense, he shouldn't get too excited.

Well it looks like we can't just blame Bolles for our losses now. Not a single flag, which is amazing.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Well it looks like we can't just blame Bolles for our losses now. Not a single flag, which is amazing.
    It would not be hard to make an argument that in 3 games two other OL have had 1 worse game than Bolles. Leery was struggling big time last week. 68 had a horrible game today.

Bolles deserves the attention he has been getting....just not sure if people realize how big the problem is.

I have been saying for years the team pass protection is at min a 2 year rebuilding project from the moment we start making good choices.
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Flag free game for Bolles. But after a 16 point, 6 sack 3 turnover performance by the offense, he shouldn't get too excited.
    Senior VP of Officiating Al Riveron had a conference call with NFL referrees on Saturday and told them to de-emphasize holding calls, per @MikePereira.

“If the hands get outside, give the blockers a chance to work their hands back inside.”

Holding calls are up 64% this season.
    I am sure it's not for lack of trying.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    It would not be hard to make an argument that in 3 games two other OL have had 1 worse game than Bolles. Leery was struggling big time last week. 68 had a horrible game today.

Bolles deserves the attention he has been getting....just not sure if people realize how big the problem is.

I have been saying for years the team pass protection is at min a 2 year rebuilding project from the moment we start making good choices.
    so far I haven't seen any evidence that we are making any good choices to the O-line. Risner...and that's it. We literally may need to select 3 offensive linemen next season.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    I'm just glad that the young Posters on this Board didn't have to live through the late '60s, early '70s Broncos teams that I, and a few others, had to watch. The Broncos actually competed with a team, in Green Bay, that has much more talent on the field. But then again, my "glass is half-full".
    Same here i watch the games hoping we win, and looking for the good either way