Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: 72 can't play

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Bolles beat badly for the stripped ball on Flacco. Heís a stone cold bust, no question.
    Sure a couple mediocre plays but since the holding fiasco he had a few weeks back he has been a different player. Maybe Munchak is actually teaching him a thing or 2????? At the very least I'm very happy he shows the willingness to learn and be taught

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Sure a couple mediocre plays but since the holding fiasco he had a few weeks back he has been a different player. Maybe Munchak is actually teaching him a thing or 2????? At the very least I'm very happy he shows the willingness to learn and be taught
    Guy has a lot of issues (mostly between his ears), gonna take time to fix. Good to see him not giving up .

Bolles and Wilkinson are a big reason the offense stalls. They more often than not, can't sustain blocks. This forces us to avoid longer developing routes. The Flacco strip sack, there was a wide open double move, but Bolles got beat. This also allows interior DL to sit back, and jump up knowing it's a short route. That's part of why there's a lot of batted passes. Flacco's lack of mobility is also killing the boot action, since it doesn't force defenders to commit to him instead of coverage. Flacco does make some errors, and isn't blameless in some decision making, but defenses know they have an advantage on the edges, and easily adjust to us.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Bolles and Wilkinson are a big reason the offense stalls. They more often than not, can't sustain blocks. This forces us to avoid longer developing routes. The Flacco strip sack, there was a wide open double move, but Bolles got beat. This also allows interior DL to sit back, and jump up knowing it's a short route. That's part of why there's a lot of batted passes. Flacco's lack of mobility is also killing the boot action, since it doesn't force defenders to commit to him instead of coverage. Flacco does make some errors, and isn't blameless in some decision making, but defenses know they have an advantage on the edges, and easily adjust to us.
    When Bolles isnít called for holding it creates the perception he played well. He had a poor game and thatís being generous:

2nd possession, 2nd & 9, Bolles was beat and allowed a pressure forcing an incompletion.

3rd possession, 3rd & 1, Bolles missed the switch and would have been a sack if not for Flacco getting the ball out fast. On 3rd & 11 Bolles was flat out beat for the strip, recovered by the Chargers. That was a TD given up by Bolles because there was a wide open receiver. Flacco had no chance.

4th possession, Bolles was holding on a run play - officials missed it but it was there.

3rd quarter, 2nd possession, Bolles over powered and backed into Flacco. He wasnít the reason for the sack (Wilkinson) but Flacco couldnít step up in the pocket because Bolles was run over.

On the next possession Bolles was pushed back again which forced Flacco out of the pocket. Flacco did a nice job getting yards out of a short completion but the poor play by Bolles prevented Flacco from getting a shot at a downfield completion.

Those are only the plays through the 3rd quarter.

Bolles played poorly. Just because he wasnít called for holding doesnít mean he played well.

68 is one of the biggest problems on the OL

I would say 65 is also a bigger problem than 72.
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

He is getting better.

Lets hope he keeps that path

There were more than a couple of poor plays. The plays listed above donít include the 4th quarter. His comments following the game with 4-5 holding calls demonstrated he blamed the league for targeting him, not willingness to own his mistakes. Bolles was the first lineman taken in the first round of his class. Being in the third year talking about how he shows a willingness to learn reinforces heís a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    He is getting better.

Lets hope he keeps that path
    No, he isnít getting better. He played poorly today.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    68 is one of the biggest problems on the OL

I would say 65 is also a bigger problem than 72.

Maybe in the passing game, I haven't broken that down, but looking at the impact on the running game, we busted multiple chunk plays today behind the 2 "problems" you place ahead of Bolles. Look at the above highlights of Phillip Lindsay:

0.00 - 22 yard Run behind 65 and 68 for a first down.

0.26 - 4 yard run behind 65 and 68 for a touchdown.

0.51 - 15 yard run behind 65 and 68 for a first down.

1.48 - 31 yard run behind 65 and 68 for a first down.

2.06 - 12 yard run behind 65 to put us in field goal range.

Fantasic7, you bring up a great point regarding Bolles and the perception that if he doesn't give up a holding call in a game, he has had a good game. He has been a huge liability all season long, he was last week, and when I go back and watch the Chargers game, I will be surprised if he doesn't look anything other than mediocre. I know that when it comes to how we are going to win games, running the ball, 65 and 68 on the right side are doing a better job than Bolles is.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    No, he isnít getting better. He played poorly today.
    Did he get 4 holding calls? No? Then he improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    The terrible play from Bolles in the past has led to the fan base having very low expectations of the man. This is like your kid coming home and saying, "Dad look, I got 18% on my final", and you are extremely happy because on his mid-term he got 3%. I guess it's better than his last result, but is it really worth celebrating ? I'd say no.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Agreed he is improving.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post

Maybe in the passing game, I haven't broken that down, but looking at the impact on the running game, we busted multiple chunk plays today behind the 2 "problems" you place ahead of Bolles. Look at the above highlights of Phillip Lindsay:

0.00 - 22 yard Run behind 65 and 68 for a first down.

0.26 - 4 yard run behind 65 and 68 for a touchdown.

0.51 - 15 yard run behind 65 and 68 for a first down.

1.48 - 31 yard run behind 65 and 68 for a first down.

2.06 - 12 yard run behind 65 to put us in field goal range.

So on the 4 yard TD are we just giving everyone credit for making a good block? Because there are good blocks by 72 in parts of that clip as well which you do not give 72 credit for.

On that 4 yard TD when 30 moves on the 5 past the 4 yard line the closest guys to him opening the hole to the goal line are 82, 87 and 83.

Is this how you breakdown film?

Flacco runs like he has cement in his shoes, I swear the dude is slower than Manning

https://www.denverbroncos.com/video/...-yard-td-catch

72 is doing his job here

68 almost messed up the long TD play. Not sure what 68 was doing here