Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 72 can't play

Thread cleaned.

You might notice some recent posts moved to another thread.

I'd rather get Muchak's take on Bolles.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    We will know his take by the TE assignments. James going down hurt because if Muchak did want to make any changes say at the bye week then that went out the window. This lack of depth is crushing us. We have no choice but to pick up another tackle next offseason

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskajoe View Post
    We will know his take by the TE assignments. James going down hurt because if Muchak did want to make any changes say at the bye week then that went out the window. This lack of depth is crushing us. We have no choice but to pick up another tackle next offseason
    No NFL team has o-line depth. Very few actually have 5 capable players. Denver's o-line issues aren't unique, they're league wide. Reason being that so many colleges are now playing spread offences where pass protection is often nothing but cut blocking over and over.

Munchak's value will come in developing that depth from young players the Broncos add. There's no magic way to fix the o-line without development from coaching. Trading for an older injury prone LT who's just looking for his last big pay day as he continues to regress (his PFF grades have dropped steadily the last three years) would be ridiculous.

Add young players let Munchak work with them and develop them and reap the benefits in the years ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Bolles was solid Monday night, definitely wasn’t the issue on the oline. He’ll have a big test against Floyd and Mack but Williams won’t make or break this team IMO, he’d just be a injury prone luxury piece with a hefty price tag
    He was far from solid!

I know that we've gotten to a point where if he draws no flags, we then assume that hes doing a fine job. Nothing could be further from the truth. Bolles cannot pass block and at this point anybody even Ty Sambralio would be better than Bolles…

Elway needs to accept the reality that Bolles just cannot play and he blew it choosing him over Ramzchk. I don't want Trent Williams but I think almost anyone would be an upgrade over Bolles right now.
    Bradley Chubb has an Aaron Donald type ability to disrupt and wreck games!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    He was far from solid!

I know that we've gotten to a point where if he draws no flags, we then assume that hes doing a fine job. Nothing could be further from the truth. Bolles cannot pass block and at this point anybody even Ty Sambralio would be better than Bolles…

Elway needs to accept the reality that Bolles just cannot play and he blew it choosing him over Ramzchk. I don't want Trent Williams but I think almost anyone would be an upgrade over Bolles right now.
    The Ty Sambralio comparison is a bit of a stretch... He showed no growth during his time here and was the definition of “human turnstile”.

I think we’ve discussed this before, but OL that are true plug and play guys (especially at LT) are super rare these days with all of the spread and quick pass concepts that the majority of colleges run. There just aren’t that many schools that run tru pro style offenses anymore so these kids come into the NFL far from finished products.

Pair that with exponential growth of talent on the defensive line across the league and you can see why having OL units like Philly and Dallas takes multiple drafts, free agencies and most of all luck to build.

Bolles has grown a decent amount since his rookie year, he’s not a Pro Bowl player (yet) so I can see why he’s an easy target for the glass-half-empty crowd. I see his progression on a similar arc to Eric Fisher of the Chiefs. He’ll continue to grow and develop this year, do enough to stay next off season and the lights will finally turn on by year 4-5. We’ll be happy to have him by then and the “cut bait, he sucks” crowd will move on to the next target on the roster.

******** Adopt a Bronco 2019 | #70 Ja'wuan James ********
    ***** Adopt a Bronco 2017-18 | #72 Garett Bolles *****

Bolles still holds way too much. I know the saying that "there's holding on every play" regarding offensive linemen, but Bolles is literally making that statement a reality.

He HAS shown some improvement since the beginning of last season. But he still seems slow off the ball, and his setup/mechanics seem off. I know Stink loves to hate on him, but he seems to fancy reviewing film and studying Garret Bolles. I do tend to agree with him and his assessment of Bolles.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Bolles still holds way too much. I know the saying that "there's holding on every play" regarding offensive linemen, but Bolles is literally making that statement a reality.

He HAS shown some improvement since the beginning of last season. But he still seems slow off the ball, and his setup/mechanics seem off. I know Stink loves to hate on him, but he seems to fancy reviewing film and studying Garret Bolles. I do tend to agree with him and his assessment of Bolles.
    What does Stink say about him?

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    We really need to move on from this “1 player away mentality”. We really shouldn’t trade away multiple high picks while giving a massive contract to a 31 year old injury prone player, it doesn’t make much sense for this team in its current state.
    100% agree. We are NOT 1 player away. We need multiple O-line players. Center, Guard, and probably a better LT. Not to mention our middle linebacker situation is terrible, Harris needs help at CB, and our D-line got ZERO penetration against the Raiders O-line. As for the D-line, maybe we have the young guys that just need time. But I don't believe that's the case for CB or middle linebacker, and Bolles has had his chance.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

I'd love to see Stink run a team, just so we can see if he's as smart as he thinks he is.

As to his point, not a chance. It would cost way too much for way too little gain.

Quote Originally Posted by gtown53 View Post
    This is where I am at too

Bolles should get a full season under Munchak to be looked at before we make a decision at LT
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

Bolles is trash!

Im tired of him. Shaking his head, mouth open, with that dumbfounded look. Are there any other options for this year?

He should either be moved or benched. He’s been horrible since we drafted him. Munchak clearly can’t get through to this guy. He seems to really not understand what holding is. It’s actually embarrassing

Don’t hold your breath for counter arguments from any of us.

He was trying for the holding penalty record today!