Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24

Thread: 72 can't play

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    I wondered whether or not the Broncos had any options. Are there any rules in the CBA to address this situation? It’s one thing to have a guarantee for injury, but what about essentially refusing to play because “you don’t quite feel right”? Seems like a team should have some recourse.
    It would definitely be a grievance, which is why I think the team is being so vocal about him playing because he doesn't feel right mentally. Getting it out there that he's fully cleared medically but refusing to play, that might give them some leverage.

Wouldnt refusing to play be conduct detrimental to the team

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    It would definitely be a grievance, which is why I think the team is being so vocal about him playing because he doesn't feel right mentally. Getting it out there that he's fully cleared medically but refusing to play, that might give them some leverage.
    It will be interesting to see how it plays out. The Broncos cant go into next season with him playing games. While a guy like Wilkinson struggles some at RT, hes reliable and works hard. Same thing with Bolles - as frustrating as he can be hes out there every game. Maybe Bolles can be salvaged at RG. I also remember Wilkinson playing better at left tackle but that was a small sample.

That would be amazing if they could find a way to drop James without the cap hit

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    That would be amazing if they could find a way to drop James without the cap hit
    I know what I'm asking Santa for this year.