Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Minkah Fitzpatrick

Reports Dolphins gave Fitz permission to seek a trade. They are looking for a 1st but will settle for a second according to reports.

Do you make the trade?

I would for a second rounder in a heartbeat with him still having 3 years left on his rookie deal. Plus he can play cb or S which are two positions we will need with Simmons parks and CHJ becoming FA
    Last edited by Murph2432; 09-13-2019 at 03:41 AM.

Abso-freakin'-lutely!!!!! Didn't we just create some cap space with flacco's restructure? I would say that is money that would be well spent and worth the draft pick in my opinion

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

That's probably a move that Elway can make that might actually save his job too. I do believe that he is on the hot seat or will be if we play like this all season

I wouldn’t give them a 2nd rounder. Maybe Simmons and a 5th, possibly a 4th. Fitzpatrick can be a center fielder at FS or he can play CB but draft picks are too valuable

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I wouldn’t give them a 2nd rounder. Maybe Simmons and a 5th, possibly a 4th. Fitzpatrick can be a center fielder at FS or he can play CB but draft picks are too valuable
    Usually I’d agree with this on giving up high picks. But only when a player already got paid. Fitz in on his rookie deal with a 5th year option. I don’t think you find a better pick in the second than Fitz. So it would essentially be like you drafted him because of his deal. I def wouldn’t give a 1st though especially considering we may pick high again.

I'd only make this move if we were content to play him at CB. He wants out of Miami because they keep moving him around and try to play him as a box safety.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    I'd only make this move if we were content to play him at CB. He wants out of Miami because they keep moving him around and try to play him as a box safety.
    I don’t think necessarily means CB though, I think he’d be content playing the deep middle of the field

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Usually I’d agree with this on giving up high picks. But only when a player already got paid. Fitz in on his rookie deal with a 5th year option. I don’t think you find a better pick in the second than Fitz. So it would essentially be like you drafted him because of his deal. I def wouldn’t give a 1st though especially considering we may pick high again.
    I think we’d have to include a safety in the deal just for roster numbers. If we trade for him we’d likely be cutting Marshall or a CB which would mess with our already abysmal special teams coverage. I think Simmons would be ideal for both sides. He’s still a young player and switching schemes will likely drop his value so they can resign him in the offseason. He’s probably a better box safety than a FS like he is here.

I just can’t see a team trading a first or second for Fitzpatrick. Even though I think he will be an elite FS (which I think is the most valuable position on defense), he is still young and inexperienced and he’s coming off a bad game against Baltimore and his stock will probably drop more after the game against the Patriots.

I would be down with this for sure, but I don't see it happening based on the moves we made this offseason.

As long as they don’t ask him to play in the box.

He apparently doesn’t like that.

The Dolphins sucking isn’t the only reason he wants out.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Fitz is a stud, playmaking defensive back who can play both corner and safety.....worth every penny!! Harris won't be around much longer and what do we have for the future??? Yiadom? For me he is worth the 1st round pick because he is a top 10 talent and his contract is already negotiated. Playmakers are needed and this guy is that

Can Mia throw in some Lbs too?

Quote Originally Posted by MHOC View Post
    Can Mia throw in some Lbs too?
    Lol do they have any left?

Do it Do It Do It Do It ......

We sure need someone. While the entire defense was a joke, we lost that game because of Yiadom. Seriously, he was the guy on coverage for nearly all the big plays, including the 1st down to end the game.