Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,650

    Minkah Fitzpatrick

    Reports Dolphins gave Fitz permission to seek a trade. They are looking for a 1st but will settle for a second according to reports.

    Do you make the trade?

    I would for a second rounder in a heartbeat with him still having 3 years left on his rookie deal. Plus he can play cb or S which are two positions we will need with Simmons parks and CHJ becoming FA
    Last edited by Murph2432; 09-13-2019 at 03:41 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,854
    Abso-freakin'-lutely!!!!! Didn't we just create some cap space with flacco's restructure? I would say that is money that would be well spent and worth the draft pick in my opinion


    Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,854
    That's probably a move that Elway can make that might actually save his job too. I do believe that he is on the hot seat or will be if we play like this all season


    Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,644
    I wouldn’t give them a 2nd rounder. Maybe Simmons and a 5th, possibly a 4th. Fitzpatrick can be a center fielder at FS or he can play CB but draft picks are too valuable

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I wouldn’t give them a 2nd rounder. Maybe Simmons and a 5th, possibly a 4th. Fitzpatrick can be a center fielder at FS or he can play CB but draft picks are too valuable
    Usually I’d agree with this on giving up high picks. But only when a player already got paid. Fitz in on his rookie deal with a 5th year option. I don’t think you find a better pick in the second than Fitz. So it would essentially be like you drafted him because of his deal. I def wouldn’t give a 1st though especially considering we may pick high again.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Way far away.
    Posts
    1,049
    I'd only make this move if we were content to play him at CB. He wants out of Miami because they keep moving him around and try to play him as a box safety.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    I'd only make this move if we were content to play him at CB. He wants out of Miami because they keep moving him around and try to play him as a box safety.
    I don’t think necessarily means CB though, I think he’d be content playing the deep middle of the field

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    15,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Usually I’d agree with this on giving up high picks. But only when a player already got paid. Fitz in on his rookie deal with a 5th year option. I don’t think you find a better pick in the second than Fitz. So it would essentially be like you drafted him because of his deal. I def wouldn’t give a 1st though especially considering we may pick high again.
    I think we’d have to include a safety in the deal just for roster numbers. If we trade for him we’d likely be cutting Marshall or a CB which would mess with our already abysmal special teams coverage. I think Simmons would be ideal for both sides. He’s still a young player and switching schemes will likely drop his value so they can resign him in the offseason. He’s probably a better box safety than a FS like he is here.

    I just can’t see a team trading a first or second for Fitzpatrick. Even though I think he will be an elite FS (which I think is the most valuable position on defense), he is still young and inexperienced and he’s coming off a bad game against Baltimore and his stock will probably drop more after the game against the Patriots.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    7,522
    I would be down with this for sure, but I don't see it happening based on the moves we made this offseason.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anywhere I want on 18 wheels
    Posts
    8,368
    As long as they don’t ask him to play in the box.

    He apparently doesn’t like that.

    The Dolphins sucking isn’t the only reason he wants out.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    7,742
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    As long as they don’t ask him to play in the box.

    He apparently doesn’t like that.

    The Dolphins sucking isn’t the only reason he wants out.
    complaining about playing in the box against lamar jackson sounds like an excuse

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    6,523
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    complaining about playing in the box against lamar jackson sounds like an excuse
    He's 200 lbs. Not a strong safety.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,854
    Fitz is a stud, playmaking defensive back who can play both corner and safety.....worth every penny!! Harris won't be around much longer and what do we have for the future??? Yiadom? For me he is worth the 1st round pick because he is a top 10 talent and his contract is already negotiated. Playmakers are needed and this guy is that


    Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,123
    Can Mia throw in some Lbs too?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by MHOC View Post
    Can Mia throw in some Lbs too?
    Lol do they have any left?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •