Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I would do this in a heartbeat. It would also give us an option for covering tight ends. I also do not want Oakland to pick him up, which they might with Abram out for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    As long as they donít ask him to play in the box.

He apparently doesnít like that.

The Dolphins sucking isnít the only reason he wants out.
    complaining about playing in the box against lamar jackson sounds like an excuse

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

This is a move Elway needs to make but is too dumb to make. He will trade for DeKota Watson then cut him shortly after but wonít trade for a player that will actually help us. Drives me nuts. John needs to explore any and all trade offers to beef up the o-line, get a real ILB, and a real Safety. Then cut Simmons and Yiadom because they are both complete trash.

Quote Originally Posted by OraleBroncos View Post
    I would do this in a heartbeat. It would also give us an option for covering tight ends. I also do not want Oakland to pick him up, which they might with Abram out for the season.
    Oakland has a good GM, we do not!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    complaining about playing in the box against lamar jackson sounds like an excuse
    He's 200 lbs. Not a strong safety.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

3rd and 7th round for me.

Yiadom is not looking anywhere close to starter material this season (and I am as big of a Yiadom fan as they come).

Callahanís status is still limited and who knows if we will be able to count on him to stay healthy (and when he does, heís really, really good).

But why not give Fangio more tools to play with? CHJ and Kareem Jackson are both north of 30 and itís looking likely that Elway will let CHJ walk after this season.

Minkah Fitzpatrick is a young, promising player with Pro Bowl potential. Besides Chubb last year, one could argue he was one of the best defensive prospects in the draft, along with Roquan Smith. I would give up a 2nd round pick for him in a heartbeat.

Heís only 22 and 3 years left on his rookie deal (plus one more with the 5th year option). Go get him, Elway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    It apparently has to do with more than just playing safety. Theyíre apparently asking him to play six different positions, including linebacker in nickel defense.

He wants to focus on one, which is understandable.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

I would target Xavien Howard. Fitz wants out because he doesn't want to keep playing both spots. We would use him as a utility guy, which is what he doesn't like in Miami. Howard would come with 6 years of control, 2.8 million dead cap in 2022. Would cover off a Harris exit as well.

Was never really impressed with what I seen of him at Alabama. Minkah looked like a decent prospect coming out, but appeared to me at least to be a classic case of people placing to much emphasis on the athletic ability, as opposed to the football play on the field. As history shows us, that often leads to draft "busts" and disappointments, and Minkah quickly appears to be on that path. I would probably give up a 4th rounder for him due to the simple fact that he has potential based on his athletic ability, but I don't see a stud in the making with him. Safety is going to continue to be an issue for us though with Simmons back there, so we do need help at the position.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Was never really impressed with what I seen of him at Alabama. Minkah looked like a decent prospect coming out, but appeared to me at least to be a classic case of people placing to much emphasis on the athletic ability, as opposed to the football play on the field. As history shows us, that often leads to draft "busts" and disappointments, and Minkah quickly appears to be on that path. I would probably give up a 4th rounder for him due to the simple fact that he has potential based on his athletic ability, but I don't see a stud in the making with him. Safety is going to continue to be an issue for us though with Simmons back there, so we do need help at the position.
    How does Fitz ďquickly appears to be on that pathĒ of being a bust and disappoint. Dude had a good rookie year.

Here's an article that says the Broncos are among the teams interested:
    https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...l-trade-rumors

Media spewing the typical click bait though, the Eagles, Steelers, and Cowboys are the 3 main teams I keep seeing...

No doubt, Fitzpatrick Recorded 80 tackles, 9 PD and 2 INT as a rookie.
    Derwin James had
    75 tackles, 13 PF and 3 INT. Iím sure nobody is about to make the assumption that heís got the makings of a bust.

However the Dolphins most likely wonít get much for him down the road if they canít trade him now, because what type of showing would he have had this season being disgruntled playing there and all. They Should do all that they can now and accept whatever they are offered for him.

Now of course everyone knows that we desperately have a need for a tackle but Iíd rather trade a 1st or 2nd for a player that went higher than Derwin James and could be on a Troy Polamalu like level before Iíd over pay for a 30 year old Trent Williams.

Almost any other tackle would be better than Garbage Bolles at any time and Elway didnít hesitate burning a first on that thing.

Minkah Fitzpatrick would be a great addition considering that CHJ will be a free agent next season and Justin Simmons will most likely ask for more than what heís worth.

Now I cannot see John Elway paying CHJ the money hes earned and deserves but Iím pretty sure he will overpay for Justin Simmons, itís just the Elway way.

Not too long ago I remember Elway trying to decide between Chubb, Nelson, and Denzel Ward. Like Ward, if Chubb and Nelson werenít on the board, Iím sure Elway wouldnít have had any problem drafting Minkah Fitzpatrick high then, so whatís the problem with offering a 2nd now???
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 09-14-2019 at 06:14 PM.

Denver has 2 3rd round picks, offer both of them and get this guy in house!!!

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Denver has 2 3rd round picks, offer both of them and get this guy in house!!!
    They trade a 4th and a 5th for Sua Cravens last year and a 5th for Dekoda Watson this year, both players were cut!

This is where Elways horrible decisions come into play, because heís traded picks for disgruntled and underachieving players but he wonít trade a couple of 3rds in the same draft for a guy who recorded 80 tks, 8 pds, and 2ints as a rookie and when Elway is pretty desperate in his defensive secondary!

Derwin James Recorded 75 tkls, 13 pds, and 3 ints as a rookie!

Isaac Yiadom Recorded 17 tkls, 3pds, and 1int as a rookie behind Tremaine Brock and Pacman Jones, neither of which shouldíve stood in his way while attempting to advance himself into a starting role.

Sure he was a rookie but those guys in front of him were bad so thatís not saying much for Yiadom but heís who weíll suffer through this season and will most like see get torched throughout the season.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 09-14-2019 at 06:47 PM.