Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by simplistickhaos View Post
    Couldn’t agree more. They aren’t going to move the team.
    Denver Broncos are currently worth $3 billion USD – in spite of no additional revenues (yet) from a) entertainment complex and/or b) property investments. The stadium is also aging and closing in on 20 years, which is a big factor in deciding the value of a sports franchise.

The franchise is doing exceptionally well as a company and would catapult into a top five spot (currently no. 11 out of 32) with a new stadium and entertainment complex, the latter being in the works. Denver Broncos is number one in performance (worth) when compared to its peers and very close to breaking top ten.

Top 10 teams all reside in the country's biggest markets, but again, Denver is a unicorn and has a bigger market than one would assume, which is why it's able to retain such a high spot.
    Last edited by BroncosDivision; 09-14-2019 at 11:33 PM.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by simplistickhaos View Post
    Couldn’t agree more. They aren’t going to move the team.
    To add on this.

The NFL is having a real hard time selling Charger home game tickets. I think they will think hard about allowing a team to move that has great home attendance record.

Even if the Bowlens sell the Broncos the league will have to approve any major change the new owner wants to do.
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

Some people are natural-born leaders, and some are not. Apparently Mr. Bowlen was one of the really good ones; Ellis & Elway--not so much. I don't know if anyone in the Bowlen family will be as good, but hopefully, whoever is chosen, will have inherited some of those leadership genes from their daddy.

Seems like Pat wanted the team in trust until one of his kids was ready. Aren't 1 or 2 ready now but the board doesn't want to relinquish control? I don't know what's going on to be honest. I watch football.

Is there any chance these lawsuits would shake up change from Ellis down?
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    To add on this.

The NFL is having a real hard time selling Charger home game tickets. I think they will think hard about allowing a team to move that has great home attendance record.

Even if the Bowlens sell the Broncos the league will have to approve any major change the new owner wants to do.
    And to add to what you added, why would a new owner want to step in and take a team that's doing quite well economically and move them to another location? What's the magic location they could move to that would provide better revenues?

London? It would seem Jacksonville wants that market eventually.
    Toronto? Will never happen. The fans there are fair-weather to every team, except for the Maple Leaves. They don't have a stadium, nor a government willing to pay for a stadium. And the owners who have the money to buy the team, and pay for a stadium (Rogers, Bell and the Ontario Teachers Pension Plan) can't own a team because league by-laws forbid a corporation from owning a team.

San Antonio? Texas is a big football market, but it's very very unlikely the Cowboys or Texans would allow another team into their territory.

St.Louis? They just lost their second NFL franchise, unlikely they'd ever get a third chance.

San Diego? Again you get into stadium issues, and the city not willing to build one. Add to that the two teams in LA won't be happy about another team moving into their backyard.

Other than that, which city in the US is capable of having the market to support a team, a fanbase that will be rabid about the team and a stadium to house the team?

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Seems like Pat wanted the team in trust until one of his kids was ready. Aren't 1 or 2 ready now but the board doesn't want to relinquish control? I don't know what's going on to be honest. I watch football.

Is there any chance these lawsuits would shake up change from Ellis down?
    The Trust was given specific criteria the children must meet in order to be in contention to be the majority owner (from everything I've read it's not just a meet the criteria, get the team scenario, but meet the criteria to even be considered) and the trust has been given the role of selecting that owner, or a sale. The Trust is 3 people and Ellis is just 1 of them, so he could be overruled if he weren't acting in the best interests of the franchise.

As for the lawsuits, they seem like a desperation move. And with the NFL continuing to have the ability to decide who does and who doesn't own one of their franchises, I'm not sure they'll be too happy about this move, if the lawsuit were to be successful. But again it seems like a Hail Mary, and with Mike Florio at PFT (a lawyer by trade) saying that the two daughters risk being excluded from any inheritance by challenging the will, it seems like a very high risk Hail Mary.