X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dizzolve
    Orange Rush
    • Mar 2009

After watching the game a second time, I noticed a few other things. Scangarello's play calling was suspect to me on the first Live playthrough. But there is some interesting stuff going on in his scheme. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt till I really know how he's doing. It was game 1 in year 1 with little to no preseason for everyone.

There was some 3 tight end packages which I noticed at least one being quite successful. Heirman, Fumagali, and Fant were all on the field at the same time. Maybe it was because of OL injuries, but it didn't seem like it. 2 lined up left side and Fumagali came in motion to the left side where all 3 opened a nice hole for Lindsey. Pretty cool play.

Fant had me pulling my hair out on game day, but after cooling off I might have been slightly tougher on him than I should have. Not saying he had a 'good' game but he was productive at times.

But Sutton reminds me of Brandon Marshall when he was in Denver. Sutton had a great game. This kid is fast, strong, great hands, runs nice routes ...... but most importantly you can tell he WANTS the ball and WANTS the challenge. We still have players on this team who might not enjoy football. Sutton isn't one of em.

Phillip Lindsey again picked up where he left off. He didn't have a major stat day, but we definitely needed his contributions to have stayed in this game (if you can say we were in it).......... and we were. Royce should get honorable mention. He played decent.

Flacco was a mixed bag for me. Generally he played 80% positive 20% negative. I was a little bothered that he fumbled 2 times. He had no INTs but those fumbles can't happen. One time he held the ball too long and during his sack he was stripped. The other time, the ground caused the fumble but still --- worried me to see that kind of ball insecurity and with the lack of officiating quality we're seeing more and more in the NFL -- you can't count on fairness at the end of the day.

Emmanuel Sanders was his normal solid self although he lost his footing a couple times. One time he kinda flopped but was awarded a Pass Interference. That was a big call......... but probably wasn't accurate. Sanders looks frustrated with the way things are going. It seems to me he's been waiting for his opportunity to be the #1 ever since he got in the league and it's just not happening. I think he is and has been our best receiver for years maybe ever since he got here. I saw him arguing with Noah Fant at one point during the game. It wasn't coming to blows but it seemed like he was Frustrated and Fant seemed misunderstood ........ who knows what they were talking about.

Sutton's successful day should help Sanders find some openings. This is a good sign. And then if Fant can get up to speed, there could be real weapons here.

Yiadom was getting hammered by the Raiders and the fans and talking heads after game 1. He actually also made some great good solid plays in this game too. He's young still so hopefully he can clean things up. I think our pass defense should have jammed the receivers more once they figured out the Raiders were trying to get the ball out with timing and quickly. But they never did.

Gruden is a smart offensive coach. He had Carr playing out of his mind. The way Carr was playing it was hard to defend. Then this Waller player outplayed the defense more than a couple times. They are in year 2 of their system the Broncos are at the beginning of year 1 in theirs. I can't wait for the rematch.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• dizzolve
      Orange Rush
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
      lindsay>freeman they are just not being used right. maybe on the goal line freeman would be good, but lindsay runs with alot of power and is really good at getting low making him an effective goal line runner also. yet every one is calling for freeman to start, he may be bigger and look more like and nfl RB, but lindsay is better.
      I dunno if they're being used right or wrong but I do agree.......... in that you can't underestimate a player with heart desire and talent. Lindsey plays with fire and self belief. It's amazing to me when you consider how small he is.
      The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
        Football Immortal
        • Mar 2017

I think that Lindsey reminds me of a young Darren Sprolles and that is a Great Thing ! Royce was looking powerful lets hope that they can run the ball the entire game which will open up the passing game however if they run straight at that Chicago Front it will be a long day However Sweeps with Lindsey and Royce should get that momentum . I have been hard on Fant as well because I saw that during preseason he was making mistakes and during the 1st game he was also making the same mistakes however he is a Rookie and I accept that however when he can put it together we just might have our Kittle.

Comment

• Papa-pwn
          Captain
          • Aug 2008

Sutton, Freeman, and Risner are all going to be good Denver Broncos for a while, hopefully. They all looked pretty good last Monday.

Comment

• broncos SB2010
            All-Time Great
            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
            lindsay>freeman they are just not being used right. maybe on the goal line freeman would be good, but lindsay runs with alot of power and is really good at getting low making him an effective goal line runner also. yet every one is calling for freeman to start, he may be bigger and look more like and nfl RB, but lindsay is better.
            I like both of them.
            sigpic

Comment

• Peanut
              ModNut
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
              After watching the game a second time, I noticed a few other things. Scangarello's play calling was suspect to me on the first Live playthrough. But there is some interesting stuff going on in his scheme. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt till I really know how he's doing. It was game 1 in year 1 with little to no preseason for everyone.

There was some 3 tight end packages which I noticed at least one being quite successful. Heirman, Fumagali, and Fant were all on the field at the same time. Maybe it was because of OL injuries, but it didn't seem like it. 2 lined up left side and Fumagali came in motion to the left side where all 3 opened a nice hole for Lindsey. Pretty cool play.

Fant had me pulling my hair out on game day, but after cooling off I might have been slightly tougher on him than I should have. Not saying he had a 'good' game but he was productive at times.

But Sutton reminds me of Brandon Marshall when he was in Denver. Sutton had a great game. This kid is fast, strong, great hands, runs nice routes ...... but most importantly you can tell he WANTS the ball and WANTS the challenge. We still have players on this team who might not enjoy football. Sutton isn't one of em.

Phillip Lindsey again picked up where he left off. He didn't have a major stat day, but we definitely needed his contributions to have stayed in this game (if you can say we were in it).......... and we were. Royce should get honorable mention. He played decent.

Flacco was a mixed bag for me. Generally he played 80% positive 20% negative. I was a little bothered that he fumbled 2 times. He had no INTs but those fumbles can't happen. One time he held the ball too long and during his sack he was stripped. The other time, the ground caused the fumble but still --- worried me to see that kind of ball insecurity and with the lack of officiating quality we're seeing more and more in the NFL -- you can't count on fairness at the end of the day.

Emmanuel Sanders was his normal solid self although he lost his footing a couple times. One time he kinda flopped but was awarded a Pass Interference. That was a big call......... but probably wasn't accurate. Sanders looks frustrated with the way things are going. It seems to me he's been waiting for his opportunity to be the #1 ever since he got in the league and it's just not happening. I think he is and has been our best receiver for years maybe ever since he got here. I saw him arguing with Noah Fant at one point during the game. It wasn't coming to blows but it seemed like he was Frustrated and Fant seemed misunderstood ........ who knows what they were talking about.

Sutton's successful day should help Sanders find some openings. This is a good sign. And then if Fant can get up to speed, there could be real weapons here.

Yiadom was getting hammered by the Raiders and the fans and talking heads after game 1. He actually also made some great good solid plays in this game too. He's young still so hopefully he can clean things up. I think our pass defense should have jammed the receivers more once they figured out the Raiders were trying to get the ball out with timing and quickly. But they never did.

Gruden is a smart offensive coach. He had Carr playing out of his mind. The way Carr was playing it was hard to defend. Then this Waller player outplayed the defense more than a couple times. They are in year 2 of their system the Broncos are at the beginning of year 1 in theirs. I can't wait for the rematch.
              Nice summary of the game. Some good, some bad. Like it is with most games from most teams.

And I like this thread. It is Peanut Approved.

Like that means anything.
              Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Hadez
                Football Immortal
                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post

Good posts.

I always consider the first few games of a new coaching staff to be put some on the old coaching staff. Part of it is the new coaches need some actual real game film to be able to coach players on how to do it their way.

I think the "jammed" you mentioned may be a reflection on how Vic likes to play defense. We excelled as a tight man to man defense for years. I think it deep in lot of our DBs. It may take Vic and Co a couple games to get players to play coverage like he wants. I think Vance tried implementing some zone schemes but from what I remember it did not take well. Maybe Vic can do it better.

For the most part Vic and his staff are coaching a lot of players that were brought in here based on the opinion of other coaches. It will take time to see what this staff is about.
                What is Grit? - Angela Duckworth
                effort x talent = skill
                effort x skill = achievement
                How much time do you invest into your dream? 10 hours a week? 20 hours? 40 hours? 80 hours? 120 hours?

Comment

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
                  Football Immortal
                  • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                  Nice summary of the game. Some good, some bad. Like it is with most games from most teams.

And I like this thread. It is Peanut Approved.

Like that means anything.

Thank You Boss !! Your Approval is Always Gratifying. 😀

Comment

• Peanut
                    ModNut
                    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                    Thank You Boss !! Your Approval is Always Gratifying. ��

Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• lvbronx
                      Old School
                      • Jul 2005

In his first NFL game Dalton Risner was our best OL.

We had 6-7(?) "explosive" plays of 20 yards or more, signs there may be some hope.

Comment

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
                        Football Immortal
                        • Mar 2017

Once again it is very easy to look at the Dark Side of Things in Broncos Country however I would like to focus on what little bit of Good There is and I will say I am Very Impresses with Emanuel Sanders and Royce Freeman has totally impressed me !

Comment

• RocketArm006
                          Totally Worth It
                          • May 2008

I love Lindsay. Probably my favorite player. Royce has looked good too. I know the states haven’t been eye popping, but I like our backs.

Comment

• CanDB
                            Football Immortal
                            • Mar 2008

Although I have a number of concerns that may or may not be answered this coming season, I think that this team could easily be 1 and 1, which is not exactly a reason to be too down. However The Raiders game was not a good start.

But with a bit of luck and a few more plays (heck, maybe just one), they nearly beat a good team. Now, The Bears' O is not exactly clicking, but they do have a high level D.

However, another loss this weekend might be too much to overcome if we are thinking playoffs. And for me, a playoff miss then becomes "who can we draft"? (which may sound weird, but becomes a good thing to me, cuz I like to have some things to look forward to)
                            Last edited by CanDB; 09-18-2019, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• Fantaztic7
                              Banned User
                              • Dec 2015

I’ve been pleased with several players.

McGovern had an issue with snaps during camp and he addressed the issue.

Risner is playing strong.

Wilkinson had a solid game at RT. Not perfect but he’s come a long way.

Freeman really looks sharp.

Sutton is emerging as a really good player. He’s not perfect but it’s nice to see him playing well.

Sanders is impressive considering coming off the achilles injury.

Kareem Jackson has quietly played well in both games. We’re fortunate to have him on the roster.

McManus looks like he’s back on track.

Comment

• TheAsianPA
                                Captain
                                • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                                I’ve been pleased with several players.

McGovern had an issue with snaps during camp and he addressed the issue.

Risner is playing strong.

Wilkinson had a solid game at RT. Not perfect but he’s come a long way.

Freeman really looks sharp.

Sutton is emerging as a really good player. He’s not perfect but it’s nice to see him playing well.

Sanders is impressive considering coming off the achilles injury.

Kareem Jackson has quietly played well in both games. We’re fortunate to have him on the roster.

McManus looks like he’s back on track.
                                Jeff Heuerman is finally contributing as a complete tight end. And Davis is supposedly coming back for full snaps.
                                Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Working...
                                X