Page 74 of 75 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1112
    I'm disappointed but not mad at the team, definetly had an opportunity to stop them at the end; however Fangio showed me something GUTS. I happy he is willing to take risks.

Quote Originally Posted by nickmeyer View Post
    I'm disappointed but not mad at the team, definetly had an opportunity to stop them at the end; however Fangio showed me something GUTS. I happy he is willing to take risks.
    Having guts doesnít overcome an undisciplined team, especially a team lacking talent. 8 holding penalties between Bolles, Leary and Wolfe.

however this season ends up we need a new LT and help up the middle on defense STILL

Quote Originally Posted by bronco30 View Post
    however this season ends up we need a new LT and help up the middle on defense STILL
    Agree. The most disturbing thing about Bolles wasnít the penalties, although very bad. His refusal to own his poor play is the worst part. Munchakís expertise and coaching will not make a difference with a guy who blames the officials for his reputation. Bolles should be benched for those comments. Heís a stone cold loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Agree. The most disturbing thing about Bolles wasn’t the penalties, although very bad. His refusal to own his poor play is the worst part. Munchak’s expertise and coaching will not make a difference with a guy who blames the officials for his reputation. Bolles should be benched for those comments. He’s a stone cold loser.
    he shakes his head after every one and 99 percent of the time there just easy calls he grabs on the shoulders and then throws them down...he has no technique and he gives ground so bad hips fly open he is just really bad

he shakes his head after every one and 99 percent of the time there just easy calls he grabs on the shoulders and then throws them down...he has no technique and he gives ground so bad hips fly open he is just really bad
    Agreed.....

He holds on WAY more plays than he's even called for. It's become how he plays. Like Vic said early in the preseason. Penalties are caused because a player NEEDS to cheat to compete. He just rolls the dice on damn near every play because he ISN'T called on every hold he commits

It'll take magical uniqueness to save this season. We might as well fix the cap, get rid of old guys and rebuild for Vic's campaign. Do it right. Sure it's possible the team can turn it around still we're only headed to week 3 but ...... it's probably like 5%. I wonder if Vic would be on board for such a drastic change of plans. I wonder what would Pat Bowlen do. I wonder where Joe Ellis' head is. I wonder if this lawsuit shakes up any changes
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    He holds on WAY more plays than he's even called for. It's become how he plays. Like Vic said early in the preseason. Penalties are caused because a player NEEDS to cheat to compete. He just rolls the dice on damn near every play because he ISN'T called on every hold he commits

It'll take magical uniqueness to save this season. We might as well fix the cap, get rid of old guys and rebuild for Vic's campaign. Do it right. Sure it's possible the team can turn it around still we're only headed to week 3 but ...... it's probably like 5%. I wonder if Vic would be on board for such a drastic change of plans. I wonder what would Pat Bowlen do. I wonder where Joe Ellis' head is. I wonder if this lawsuit shakes up any changes
    Fixing the cap starts with trading Von. The Broncos have $73 million in cap for Von from 2019-21. He is no longer an elite player and worse. he put little effort over the last two games. Elway made the mistake of restructuring his contract. If heís serious shot on getting this team in contention again, heíll make the move to part with Von.

Wolfe is an UFA after 2019 - bye. Learyís cap savings will be $8.5 million by releasing him after this season - done. Flacco isnít the main problem with this team but heís not good enough to justify the salary for 2020-21. Get Lock healthy and roll with him. Use the $50 million in savings (Von and Flacco) to put players around Lock and infuse talent in defense.

I could go on but itís late. If Elway canít do it, Ellis needs to stage a graceful exit.

As far as Fangio being on board he knew Von wasnít as good as many believe - he called him out in his first press conference.

Same as last season and the season before.

I see a team on the rise. It is a tough schedule this year and game after game is going to be like this one to win or lose. But, it's nice to not have to worry about the talent at QB. If we would've had Flacco the last couple of years, this board would be talking a completely different narrative. Thanks to JE we don't have Cousin's or Fole's contracts. We can win at GB. Scran needs to take the reigns off and bomb away the first half. It looks like their play calling is way to conservative to me. The defense can do better but again, its a new coach etc. and they haven't been that bad.

Everybody just keep calm.

I am SURE we will get better in a hurry in Green Bay.

What could POSSIBLY go wrong there?

Fire Fangio. Fire Elway. Fire Bolles, fire Ellis. Better yet, letís just wipe the slate clean and you want to know where weíd be? 0-2 just like we are.

But letís remember a few things this front office has done:

After the Tebow season, they brought in Peyton Manning. They released Tebow. They fired John Fox and brought in Kubiak as Head Coach. They brought back Wade Phillips as DC.

We went to two Super Bowls, winning the second.

But then they started thinking they were smarter than the rest of the league and began making awful decisions. Vance Joseph was such a move.

Now we routinely see former Broncos wearing the uniforms of real contenders.

The nucleus of the Championship team was Von Miller and DeMarcus Ware.

Our secondary is now woefully thin on talent except for a past-his-prime Chris Harris. No more Bradley Roby, one of the surest tacklers at his position.

And while the coaching thus far this season has been awful, the roster is just not up to par. Not even close.

Kubiak and Shanahan would have fielded a much better offensive scheme. Instead itís been way too gimmicky and failed badly.

Itís time for wholesale changes in the front office.

Quote Originally Posted by jflee66 View Post
    I see a team on the rise. It is a tough schedule this year and game after game is going to be like this one to win or lose. But, it's nice to not have to worry about the talent at QB. If we would've had Flacco the last couple of years, this board would be talking a completely different narrative. Thanks to JE we don't have Cousin's or Fole's contracts. We can win at GB. Scran needs to take the reigns off and bomb away the first half. It looks like their play calling is way to conservative to me. The defense can do better but again, its a new coach etc. and they haven't been that bad.
    It was a big improvement on the first game, that's for sure. No-one is going to find it easy against the Bears defence - Green Bay only just edged them in a low scoring game last week, and we came within one second of beating them in another low scoring game this week.

Unlike many others here, I agree with you that we can compete this season. Starting 0-2 makes that difficult but not impossible. We could win on the road at Lambeau on Sunday, and our next three games after that are all winnable. It's certainly too early to give up on the season.

Of course we will need to get much better in various areas, but there was a massive improvement yesterday in pass D. Trubisky only managed 120 yards, and even the run D wasn't as bad as the stats suggested. We were just caught outon a few big plays. The offence needs some work but there were signs in the 3rd and 4th quarter that we can move the ball when necessary. We just need to be more adventurous earlier in the game.

The timeout still bothers me. From the time they blow the play dead to the time they blow the whistle for the timeout 1 second would elapse. I donít remember what team it was but there was the same situation once before and the ref wouldnít give them the timeout even though the play ended with more than a second left.

Are timeouts going to be reviewable next season to see the time left when it was called? I look at it like a delay of game penalty, often times an extra second or two elapses while the ref watching the game clock looks to see if the ball has been snapped, they shouldnít have got the timeout

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    The timeout still bothers me. From the time they blow the play dead to the time they blow the whistle for the timeout 1 second would elapse. I donít remember what team it was but there was the same situation once before and the ref wouldnít give them the timeout even though the play ended with more than a second left.

Are timeouts going to be reviewable next season to see the time left when it was called? I look at it like a delay of game penalty, often times an extra second or two elapses while the ref watching the game clock looks to see if the ball has been snapped, they shouldnít have got the timeout
    I watched it again last night and slow played it frame by Frame with the clock

And he catches it at two seconds and turns and falls to the ground, neither his hands, arms or body is on the ground as it hits one second, so Iím struggling to see the legitimacy of the argument that the clock can hit one second before he hits down, get on the ground and be touched down, And as soon as heís down Trubisky Can signal TO

In less then a second

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    I watched it again last night and slow played it frame by Frame with the clock

And he catches it at two seconds and turns and falls to the ground, neither his hands, arms or body is on the ground as it hits one second, so Iím struggling to see the legitimacy of the argument that the clock can hit one second before he hits down, get on the ground and be touched down, And as soon as heís down Trubisky Can signal TO

In less then a second
    It should had been deemed not enough visual evidence to allow a timeout.

Most calls are deemed not enough visual evidence when they are reviewing plays in slow motion so how the heck Is anyone supposed to believe that they saw the last second remain on the clock when the guy was down and touched.

This NFL is becoming really really ridiculous and itís all under Roger Caddellís watch.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 09-16-2019 at 01:58 PM.