• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Elway
    Master of Game Day!
    • Jun 2003

Official Game Day Thread: 2019: Week 2 Bears vs Broncos

Welcome Back Broncomaniacs!

So what did you think of the Broncos 6th preseason game? Someone needed to tell them the season started. Oakland was ready and on fire. Monday Night at home against a rival. Of course they were ready. Too bad our coaching staff showed we weren’t.

Before I get further into this thread, I’d like to talk about a charity that is close to my heart. It’s called the Isaac Yiadom Foundation. The foundation supports traumatized CBs who are tortured and tormented on the field by opposing QBs. The goal of the foundation is to help these CB’s regain the confidence, skill and knowledge to retake the field without hopelessly looking lost or out classed. Won’t you help #toastedbronco Thank you :thumb:

So yeah week one was awful, but there was plenty of blame in all three phases and the coaching.
    So here we are week two, the Denver home opener against the Bears. Vic Fangios old team, who may not terrorize you with their offense, but will destroy you with their defense. The five sacks on Aaron Rodgers was not a fluke. Green bay was also 2 of 12 on 3rd down thanks to the Bears D. Bears also held the Packers run game to 2.1 YPC

The Denver D was supposed to regain it’s dominance. Not make Derek Carr's Jersey look like the after shot in a Tide commercial.
    Denver’s offense needs to get it together as well. Flacco did some good things out there, but he was far from perfect. He caught fire in the 4th quarter going 8 of 9 for 131 yards and a TD. Too late though. The run game struggled parts of the night. 21 carries for the two headed beast for 99 yards and no Tds.

Flacco was sacked three times on Monday night, the Bears team may triple that up if we don’t get better protection for him. Chubb and Miller need to start getting sacks of their own. As a defensive unit we need to be better as a whole, secondary was flat out bad. A bright note for this week though is that the Bears O-line gave up five sacks in week one.

Looking at our 10 years stats, this is our best week of the whole season historically. In week 2 games we are 9-1 over the last decade. The only loss was Manning at the Falcons in his first year with us. Of the 9 wins , 7 were at home and two on the road. So that is a positive.
    We need the offense to start kicking it in high gear. Bronco are 12 -1 when holding opponents to under 24 points in the last 2 seasons. The issue is team has averaged 19.22 PPG since 2017. That ranks them
    26th in the league during that period.

We need to turn it around and this week seems a good place to start as any. We know it is a long rough season. Going 0-2 will not help that. We beat the Bears the last 2 times we faced them. The last time in Mile high it took some Tebow Time but we got the “W” This team needs to show what it can do, and Vic needs to show it wasn’t a mistake making him a head coach after all these years.

Thank you one and all. Please as usual follow the rules of the COC. It's game 2, the mods have a long season ahead of them. Stay classy. Hopefully this time we get the “W” Let's help them as best we can. Looking forward to the upcoming season, all the highs and lows. As always GO BRONCOS!
    !
    The Game Day Thread: Year 18 in progress!!!
  • Houshmazode
    The Mountaineer
    • Sep 2006

I think we'll have more energy at home. The short week will hopefully make the players and coaches forget about how bad Monday Night was.

:lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
    sigpic

Comment

• AZ Snake Fan
      earthling
      • May 2004

Thanks Elway !!!

GO BRONCOS !!!

STOMP THE da bearz !!!

GO "D" --- SACK trubisky !!!

Broncos 42
      da bearz 13

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
      The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
      http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
      My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• MarkB
        All-Time Great
        • Nov 2011

Go Broncos!!!!!!
        sigpic
        2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
        2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
        BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

• Sam_Z
          Banned User
          • Dec 2004

Comment

• Rastic
            Modulated
            • Oct 2013

Isaac Yiadom foundation for traumatized CBs. L.O.L.

Thanks for the thread as always. Go Broncos.

Comment

• samparnell
              Soy Capitan Meshpoint
              • Nov 2007

BLAM! BLAM!

"Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• AZ Snake Fan
                earthling
                • May 2004

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                That graphic is dope Sam_Z !!!
                Excellent work, very creative !!!

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• andrewmlb
                  Spirit fingers included
                  • Apr 2009

Go broncos!
                  I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
                  I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
                  I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
                  "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
                  God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
                  Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Comment

• Saddletramp
                    Captain
                    • Nov 2005

Before I get further into this thread, I’d like to talk about a charity that is close to my heart. It’s called the Isaac Yiadom Foundation. The foundation supports traumatized CBs who are tortured and tormented on the field by opposing QBs. The goal of the foundation is to help these CB’s regain the confidence, skill and knowledge to retake the field without hopelessly looking lost or out classed. Won’t you help #toastedbronco

[URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html][/URL
                    Adopted player Lindsey

Comment

• Sophia23
                      RIP #88
                      • Sep 2012

first time I could laugh at what happened last week... Thanks for the thread, Elway!

Hoping our defense steps up this week...

GO BRONCOS!!
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                      Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                      Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton
                      Adopted Bronco - 2021/22 - Shelby Harris

Comment

• Capt. Jack
                        Football Immortal
                        • Oct 2010

If there was ever a week 2 Huge game, This is IT, I think it is a kinda Must Win game for us!
                        We have to be ready, hungry, aggressive, and win this Home opener!!!!!
                        (STATEMENT GAME)

Comment

• EddieMac
                          Canuck Mod, eh!
                          • Feb 2004

Hmmmmmmm.

Broncos please show some life today..........
                          sigpic

Comment

• the0rangecrush
                            Captain
                            • Apr 2009

This week will say a lot about the team. We got punched in the mouth last week, from players to coaches. Can they bounce back, and get their collective stuff together? Bears are coming off an extended rest period, and we are on a shortened week. This should be an early indicator as to the type of culture we are establishing. I hope it's one of the "tough times don't last, tough people do" cultures, but we will see.
                            What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                            I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
                              Football Immortal
                              • Mar 2017

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                              Hmmmmmmm.

Broncos please show some life today..........

Right Please Bring that 2015 Intensity not just for one play however the entire game.

Comment

Working...
                              X