• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DenverBlood
    Football Immortal
    • Nov 2005

NFL is a joke

That FG doesn’t happen without a complete joke call on Chubb hitting Trubisky from behind as he throws.

Worst call I’ve ever seen in my life. I mean literally what is defense to do in today’s NFL.

What a complete embarrassing joke.
    sigpic
  • Red_Label
    Bench Warmer
    • Oct 2015

National oFficiating League... where the zebras and roger Goodell are the stars, and players are just actors.

Comment

• dizzolve
      Orange Rush
      • Mar 2009

Have you noticed all the new officials these past 2 seasons? I dunno where they're all going. It's not like they were that great back before either

NFL needs to take control of how bad the officiating is ....... I don't know how but it's their responsibility.
      The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• $Broncos$
        Playmaker
        • Aug 2010

I’m okay with this. Now I can waste my Sunday’s doing other crap. Like clipping my nails but I I cut to close I’m gonna have to walk backwards 45 feet.

Comment

• DenverBlood
          Football Immortal
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
          Have you noticed all the new officials these past 2 seasons? I dunno where they're all going. It's not like they were that great back before either

NFL needs to take control of how bad the officiating is ....... I don't know how but it's their responsibility.
          Well the Bears covered the spread due to that kick. So they probably made money off of it.
          sigpic

Comment

• Red_Label
            Bench Warmer
            • Oct 2015

Originally posted by $Broncos$ View Post
            I’m okay with this. Now I can waste my Sunday’s doing other crap. Like clipping my nails but I I cut to close I’m gonna have to walk backwards 45 feet.
            I just got into flyfishing a couple of weeks ago, so this will free up more time for that. Worst day fishing is better than the average Broncos game.

Comment

• BroncosGeordie
              Bench Warmer
              • Nov 2007

We are the worst team in the AFC West. That’s most likely the season looking at the schedule. 0-3 after next week at Lambeau Field against the Packers.
              GO BRONCOS

Comment

• Rastic
                Modulated
                • Oct 2013

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                That FG doesn’t happen without a complete joke call on Chubb hitting Trubisky from behind as he throws.

Worst call I’ve ever seen in my life. I mean literally what is defense to do in today’s NFL.

What a complete embarrassing joke.
                Ok, so the timing of Chubb's penalty was absolutely horrible made worse by the fact it was a terrible call. However, we were bailed out earlier with a roughing the passer call against the Bears that should not have been called either.

Bad calls. Even Bolles said they missed calls on him during the game and even called Leary for one of his holds. (j/k)

Comment

• DenverBlood
                  Football Immortal
                  • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                  Ok, so the timing of Chubb's penalty was absolutely horrible made worse by the fact it was a terrible call. However, we were bailed out earlier with a roughing the passer call against the Bears that should not have been called either.

Bad calls. Even Bolles said they missed calls on him during the game and even called Leary for one of his holds. (j/k)
                  That’s not my point in the slightest.

My point is that I can no longer stand that you are not allowed to play defense in the nfl anymore. It’s not just this call against us. It goes back to the god awful roughing the passer against Clay Matthews last year when the Packers had a game ending interception negated.

These calls against defenders hitting the qb before the ball is released is just flat disgusting. And the whole concept of “he landed on the qb”. Oh boo hoo. Why can any player but the qb be landed on? What are defenders supposed to do? It’s absurd.
                  sigpic

Comment

• fraguela09
                    Byner of Buckner?
                    • Oct 2006

This is why NFL makes me laugh. A coach can challenge a bad PI call, or one that wasn’t called when it should’ve been...

But they can’t challenge a bad roughing the passer call?

Why are challenges arbitrary?

Either you can throw a red flag to challenge a call or you can’t, no?

Comment

• DenverBlood
                      Football Immortal
                      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                      This is why NFL makes me laugh. A coach can challenge a bad PI call, or one that wasn’t called when it should’ve been...

Was kind of wondering this myself. But we had no timeouts. You can’t challenge anything at all if you have no timeouts left to burn if you lose.

Plus challenges come from the booth in the final two minutes. Nothing Fangio could’ve done.
                      sigpic

Comment

• dizzolve
                        Orange Rush
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post

exactly ....... when all the chips are in the middle of the table, it all goes to booth. And sadly even when they do review plays they still don't correct them. If there's review - make the correct call or don't review at all

NFL has made a mess with all this officiating hitting out of Tackle football. Some of my older friends have already left watching NFL.

And now all these new officials too. I dunno where the experienced guys went. Retired? TV?
                        The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• L.M.
                          Vitalstatistix
                          • Oct 2006

Games like this make me want to quit watching the NFL. It's hard to break a lifetime of habit though.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• KristenK
                            Special Teams
                            • Mar 2015

I am disgusted myself. Has there ever been someone in the last 10 years to actually MISS a game winning kick against us in Mile High? I swear, if someone lined up for an 80 yard field goal against Denver in Mile High to win the game, it would sail right on through. I'm really sick and tired of that.

Comment

• BroncosDivision
                              #27 | HOF | CLASS OF 2020
                              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by BroncosGeordie View Post
                              We are the worst team in the AFC West. That’s most likely the season looking at the schedule. 0-3 after next week at Lambeau Field against the Packers.
                              Let's be real. We never stood a chance in the first place. Mahomes is beyond elite and a future HOFer. I hate saying it but that dude is just too good, so until we hire someone with a clear and modern vision, that can draft a real upper-tier NFL-caliber QB to save his life, we're gonna play second fiddle to the Chiefs.

For now, we're stuck with Elway as our GM. It is what it is.
                              Adopted Poster
                              AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Working...
                              X